The Adam Campbell thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think he was lazy with that jog, I reckon he was thinking "why bother" - clearly no one wanted to pass him the ball.

I was talking at the time wondering what hes done to upset his teammates so much, or are they showing a clique amongst the first team? There's no understanding some of the passes that weren't made to him.

I didn't think he was lazy with that jog, I reckon he was thinking "why bother" - clearly no one wanted to pass him the ball.

I was talking at the time wondering what hes done to upset his teammates so much, or are they showing a clique amongst the first team? There's no understanding some of the passes that weren't made to him.

I think it's that "schoolyard mentality" TBH.

It will take a couple of more games before the bigger lads pass start passing to the ginger.

Wait until he plays in a match in overcast conditions. Once the threat of him instantly evaporating from the sun's rays is a non starter his teammates will feel more comfortable giving him the ball.

Wait until he plays in a match in overcast conditions. Once the threat of him instantly evaporating from the sun's rays is a non starter his teammates will feel more comfortable giving him the ball.

Cheers for the belly laugh.

http://www.shieldsga...-role-1-5525238

ADAM Campbell’s focused on taking the next steps in his Newcastle United career – after making a stride forward with his country.

The teenager made his England Under-19s debut on Thursday night.

Campbell – who has broken through into Alan Pardew’s first-team squad at Newcastle this season – came off the bench in a 1-0 win over Turkey at Telford.

And he’s now hoping to get more games under his belt for United before the end of the season.

A year ago, the 18-year-old – who came off the bench in the club’s wins over against Anzhi Makhachkala and Stoke City – was fretting about getting into Newcastle’s FA Youth Cup squad.

And Campbell, a pacy and technically-gifted striker, admits his breakthrough this season has caught him by surprise.

“I just want to be involved as much as I can, but we’ve got some quality players in the team,” Campbell told the Gazette. “I’ve got to bide my time, and hopefully I’ll get in there.

“Last year, I was worrying if I was going to be in the Youth Cup squad.

“Now I’m playing in front of 50,000 at St James’s Park – it’s a dream come true.”

North Shields-born Campbell watched Andy Carroll break through into United’s first team, and he feels there’s a special bond between the club’s fans and homegrown players.

“It’s brilliant to know the fans are there with you cheering everything you do,” he added.

“I used to love it when Geordies came on, whether it was Andy Carroll or Sammy. It makes you feel that bit closer to the player when he’s homegrown. It’s nice to have them cheering us on.”

Campbell was roared on to the pitch against Anzhi and Stoke, and Pardew’s increasingly seeing him as a player who can have an impact late in a game.

“It gives the crowd a lift, and that lifts the whole team,” said Campbell. “It gives everyone that extra yard.

“It’s good to know the gaffer trusts you, and that the fans want to see you. They help you. The crowd like to see youngsters on the pitch.

“I’ve always been confident in my own ability.

“When you come on in front of that crowd, it’s hard to keep yourself calm. But you get a few touches, and everyone supports you.”

Campbell made his club debut in a Europa League qualifier against Atromitos in Athens in August, and his longest run-out yet came in the 1-0 win over Anzhi.

“It was the longest I’d been on the pitch for the first team, but the win was more important than me playing,” he said.

“It was great to get on the pitch. It was a special night for everyone."

• 4 months later...

Not so sure about that like.

League one is about reserve standard....and they are one of the worst teams in league one.

P2 L2 F1 A9

Could be an utterly disheartening stint for the lad.

...on the other hand, he could single handedly lift the whole club and his confidence 100%.

We never seem to loan players out to Championship clubs, Ferguson aside. It could be argued that the players we're loaning out aren't Championship standard but you think this kid that they're tugging themselves off over each week would be attracting some attention from a club just below us.

Not so sure about that like.

League one is about reserve standard....and they are one of the worst teams in league one.

P2 L2 F1 A9

Could be an utterly disheartening stint for the lad.

...on the other hand, he could single handedly lift the whole club and his confidence 100%.

Reserve standard, but competitive. Also, it's only for a month, I don't think he'll suffer long term by playing competitive games at a lower level for a month.

We never seem to loan players out to Championship clubs, Ferguson aside. It could be argued that the players we're loaning out aren't Championship standard but you think this kid that they're tugging themselves off over each week would be attracting some attention from a club just below us.

Maybe he is, but we want him closer to home? Could be that the Championship clubs want him for a longer period than we are willing to release him for? Perhaps we want a commitment from the team that he'll be played a certain number of games?

I'm guessing that the club may be looking for him to continue to train with us one or two days a week or they wanted somewhere that was commutable for him so as not to cause too much upheaval for the young lad.

Edited by ewerk

I'm guessing that the club may be looking for him to continue to train with us one or two days a week or they wanted somewhere that was commutable for him so as not to cause too much upheaval for the young lad.

Wasn't Sammeobi doing similar?

Never heard of that happening before like.

Competitive football has got to be more use to him than the reserves (in which he only gets to play with other kids for the most part). Obviously Championship would be better but I suppose if we only want to do a month, teams in that league may well be less interested.

Never heard of that happening before like.

I remember reading about Chesney doing it when he was on loan at Brentford from Arsenal and there's something in the back of my mind that Sameobi did it while at Boro but a quick google revealed nothing.

League 1 football is nothing like reserve team football tbh. Similar standards perhaps but that's where the comparison stops, its more competitive, more physical and more pressure. What he needs, just a shame its not a better club / team obviously but there may be a consideration of not moving away from home etc.

I remember reading about Chesney doing it when he was on loan at Brentford from Arsenal and there's something in the back of my mind that Sameobi did it while at Boro but a quick google revealed nothing.

You're right though, I remember him tweeting about it once or twice

I would have liked to see him get his competitive chances with us, given that we have limited options up front. From the limited stuff I've seen of him, he does seem to have some standout qualities already, I like his attitude, positioning and speed - but haven't really seen much of him on the ball.

At least he'll be playing though.

I would have liked to see him get his competitive chances with us, given that we have limited options up front. From the limited stuff I've seen of him, he does seem to have some standout qualities already, I like his attitude, positioning and speed - but haven't really seen much of him on the ball.

At least he'll be playing though.

He's 18 and away for a month, he can still get his competitive chances with us.

Yeah, what I mean to say though, is that if he cant get a competitive chance now, when we are short.

You'd throw him to the wolves of Man City?!

You'd throw him to the wolves of Man City?!

Pardew would...

Alan Pardew is considering gambling on rookie defender Paul Dummett in Newcastle United’s Premier League curtain-raiser at Manchester City on Monday.

Davide Santon is out of the game with a hip problem and Pardew says Dummett – the break-out star of pre-season – is in contention for the role of taming City new-boy Jesus Navas.

It would be a big call for Pardew who accepts that Dummett’s youth is a mitigating factor, despite his excellent performances over the summer. The Newcastle boss has predicted that his Wales under-21 defender will make ten first-team starts this season and has assured him that he has a future at St James’ Park.

“I gave Noble, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Shelvey debuts at 16, so I have no problem with age,” he said. “In terms of where he is at and the pre-season he has had, he has put himself in real contention, but Man City away would be a tough call for him, having not made his debut for us yet.

“That’s something we’ll think about, but going forward I’d expect him to make ten first-team starts this season.

“We haven’t got (Massaido) Haidara, who has been injured most of pre-season and that’s gone under the radar. He won’t be available for the first few games, but he should resume training on Tuesday with (Loic) Remy.

“You’re either ready or you’re not, and throwing (Dummett) into the deep end sometimes works. But that’s something I’ll think about. Up against him would be Navas, who is probably the best signing of the summer. He’s a little bit special.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rookie-paul-dummett-debut-alert-5743772?