He's tidy. And I mean that as an insult because it's the thing that players are always called when they can basically do fuck all. His tackling is shite, he's (understandably) awful in the air, his positional sense isn't good and he can't pass a ball more than five yards and rarely forward.

I can't for the life of me understand the thinking involved in bringing him here. You need to be a really good player to get away with being that small, especially in this league, and he certainly isn't that. I reckon he'd be even worse in the championship.

:lol: I must admit I'm confused by our scouting in general. We brought in Thauvin a lad who was voted one of the worst players in the French league for 13m while he was playing alongside Payet who was sold for 9m-ish and has been class, did they not watch Thauvin? surely they would have noticed that Payet fella looks a bit better? I guess he doesn't fit that stupid fucking age bracket they were buying for.

Anita is a really confusing one, a mate told me when he was in Amsterdam an Ajax fan told him they were chuffed when we bought Anita. If he was good enough to be bought by a Prem club you would at least hope he was a stand out performer in the Dutch league but I guess he wasn't. He just brings absolutely nothing to the table, he's even starting to look afraid to pass forward, as I said in the match thread there was a bit of play where he received the ball from Taylor, turned and moved about 5 yards up the field, Janmaat was clearly open and visible ahead of him to the right, Kante began to close him down and Anita immediately stopped turned around and passed back to Taylor. Is Saivet seriously worse than him? I can't imagine he will be as Anita has nothing at all about him, we even retained the ball better after he went off.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I must admit I'm confused by our scouting in general. We brought in Thauvin a lad who was voted one of the worst players in the French league for 13m while he was playing alongside Payet who was sold for 9m-ish and has been class, did they not watch Thauvin? surely they would have noticed that Payet fella looks a bit better? I guess he doesn't fit that stupid fucking age bracket they were buying for.

Anita is a really confusing one, a mate told me when he was in Amsterdam an Ajax fan told him they were chuffed when we bought Anita. If he was good enough to be bought by a Prem club you would at least hope he was a stand out performer in the Dutch league but I guess he wasn't. He just brings absolutely nothing to the table, he's even starting to look afraid to pass forward, as I said in the match thread there was a bit of play where he received the ball from Taylor, turned and moved about 5 yards up the field, Janmaat was clearly open and visible ahead of him to the right, Kante began to close him down and Anita immediately stopped turned around and passed back to Taylor. Is Saivet seriously worse than him? I can't imagine he will be as Anita has nothing at all about him, we even retained the ball better after he went off.

We'd been after Thauvin for years too. You'd have thought they'd have noticed him getting worse year on year.

Probably saw potential in him and when his stock fell because of his poor form, they saw an opportunity to snatch a player they fancy at a reduced price. Another example of going after a bargain rather than the right player.

I liked him when he first arrived and perhaps up till last season. He was absolutely woeful yesterday. Surely the coaches have to be responsible, they've fucked him right up.

Benitez needs to solve whatever the problem is with Tiote because if we have to rely on Anita and Colback for the rest of the season we're fucked.

And Saivet. Looked decent in his first couple of games.

• 10 months later...

Usually a player gets their own thread months before he signs!!!! We must be slipping :lol:

Anyway, heard a few people on the radio today who have followed his football and reckon we are getting a really top notch player at a steal. Talking in similar terms to Cabaye in regard to what an excellent signing he will be for us.

If Cabaye misses tomorrow I wonder whether is viable to start him given he may not even have trained with our players. Probably not.

Who ever was on the radio that day must have been smoking some absolutely mental stuff. Anita on par with Cabaye? 

Feck sake man.

Part of the reason I love reading posts from years and years ago, crazy how some things work out far differently than you think they will. :icon_lol:

Who ever was on the radio that day must have been smoking some absolutely mental stuff. Anita on par with Cabaye? 

Feck sake man.

Part of the reason I love reading posts from years and years ago, crazy how some things work out far differently than you think they will. :icon_lol:

Aye, there are a few on here who spout shite.

He's not been signed as competition. He's been signed for depth. Purely back-up for Zaluska. If you do watch Celtic games, you won't be seeing a lot of him.  :up:

I thought he was going to be a magnificent buy, but really it turned out such a waste of 10.2M. Bassong and Stevie Taylor are our best bets at centre half, that is, we do managed to keep a hold of the two of them.

Joel Campbell has been spoken about and I think he'd be a really good signing

;)

Edited by ewerk

Aye, there are a few on here who spout shite.

;)

Haha, I was trying to find my old posts to see what shite I used to post but it wouldn't let me go back any further than January last year.

To be fair I wasn't slagging CT's post but thanks for going out your way and making time to find some examples from me. :icon_lol:

Edited by Lackie92

I thought he offered next to nothing whenever he's played in centre mid but he's done a very good job for us at full back this season. Rafa obviously rates him as he's generally been first choice. It's bit of a blow that he's going to be out for a couple of months 

Anita is a passenger in any midfield, really. Needs at least two others with him to make him look decent, Colback can only play it safe as that's all he's got and am going to say that Haydon, from the games I've seen him has been a bit overrated by some to put it mildly. Still very much a work in progress for me at the minute.

Anita is a passenger in any midfield, really. Needs at least two others with him to make him look decent, Colback can only play it safe as that's all he's got and am going to say that Haydon, from the games I've seen him has been a bit overrated by some to put it mildly. Still very much a work in progress for me at the minute.

I've been disappointed with Hayden in the games Shelvey has missed as I thought he might step up a bit but he has been struggling, while he has had to play alongside Colback it's still a shame. I think Hayden is still really raw but is far more willing to go forward and give things ago than Colback and Anita, he is also a lot more athletic than either of them.

He had a few games where he was pretty impressive, getting some assists, some good powerful runs, and keeping pressure on the opposition by pouncing on loose balls around the area which I think many jumped on as it was better than 95% of what we've seen from Jack and Vurn. Hopefully when Shelvey gets back in the side he can start to resemble more that form than what he has shown recently but as you say he's still very raw, I think he'll ultimately prove decent business mind as he only cost around 2m didn't he? and I think he has PL player potential.

He's pretty careless in some of his tackles IMO, definitely has risked straight reds unnecessarily.

He's a young lad with a lot of potential, who like Alex has said despite his lack of experience looks pretty accomplished.

Aye, this is the most first team football he's ever had. Couple of cup games at Arsenal and he's already played more games for us by mid-January than he played all last season for Hull. Mistakes will be made.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk