• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been disappointed with Hayden in the games Shelvey has missed as I thought he might step up a bit but he has been struggling, while he has had to play alongside Colback it's still a shame. I think Hayden is still really raw but is far more willing to go forward and give things ago than Colback and Anita, he is also a lot more athletic than either of them.

He had a few games where he was pretty impressive, getting some assists, some good powerful runs, and keeping pressure on the opposition by pouncing on loose balls around the area which I think many jumped on as it was better than 95% of what we've seen from Jack and Vurn. Hopefully when Shelvey gets back in the side he can start to resemble more that form than what he has shown recently but as you say he's still very raw, I think he'll ultimately prove decent business mind as he only cost around 2m didn't he? and I think he has PL player potential.

I think much of that is because of the chump he's sharing the centre of the pitch with. When Shelvey is pulling the strings and we're controlling the game it's easier for Hayden to press forward and try some riskier balls. When Colback is giving the ball away and gifting stupid freekicks it would be irresponsible for Hayden to play a more expansive game. 

I like him and see a PL player in him already, another few years under Rafa can only help as well.

I think much of that is because of the chump he's sharing the centre of the pitch with. When Shelvey is pulling the strings and we're controlling the game it's easier for Hayden to press forward and try some riskier balls. When Colback is giving the ball away and gifting stupid freekicks it would be irresponsible for Hayden to play a more expansive game. 

I like him and see a PL player in him already, another few years under Rafa can only help as well.

Don't kid yourself. It'll all end in tears just like it did with KK. 

So, because there's some rumours of a transfer policy that states we buy young players with potential that Rafa seems to be on board with, he's on his bike?

Blyme there's some pessimistic buggers around :lol:

So, because there's some rumours of a transfer policy that states we buy young players with potential that Rafa seems to be on board with, he's on his bike?

More to do with the knowledge that this being nufc things are bound to go haywire at any moment. Doesnt help with Ashley sniffing around the implode button finding the perfect spot to plant his fat arse on it.

HMHM trying to be the new CT. Only he's made the crucial mistake of having seen Hayden play before giving his opinion ;)

:lol:

He definitely needs to cut out some of those wilder tackles, he's been a fraction off someone getting a red card out a couple of times especially with some of the Mr Magoo's reffing games in this league.

However not baselessly.

Aye, Ashley's made some gaffs before and will likely make some mistakes/bad choices in the future, but so far I've seen nowt to suggest that there will be significant changes to the transfer policy, if there are that those changes haven't been agreed upon with Rafa's blessing. It looks to me like the club finds it unwise to pay over-the-odds for players in this window, when we're top of the league, we'll odd-on for the title and the market is frankly ridiculous right now. 

If you were in charge, and you saw players like Scott Hogan being valued at £15m wouldn't you think that perhaps this window is a bit fucking mental? And as such it's probably going to make signing the players you want prohibitively expensive. £20m for Tom Cairney e.g. We pissed ourselves laughing when Spurs paid £30m for Sissoko, and were pleased when Liverpool spent £25m on Wijnaldum too. 

Wouldn't you rather money was set aside for the summer window when values will have settled a little, more players will be available and we'll have a better idea of what we need?

Of course I'd love us to go off and spend £30m on a star player, but objectively, that's a little silly.

More to do with the knowledge that this being nufc things are bound to go haywire at any moment. Doesnt help with Ashley sniffing around the implode button finding the perfect spot to plant his fat arse on it.

He's attended two games and had a meeting about transfers, that's hardly sufficient evidence for me to go running for the fallout shelter.

You have followed this club your whole life as far as I know. Tell me I'm wrong. We're only ever a "club statement" away from catastrophe at Newcastle United. 

Fish, I'm usually with you, but I hope you're eating enough fish , I'm worried about your memory , man. It seems to only go back 24 months.

You have followed this club your whole life as far as I know. Tell me I'm wrong. We're only ever a "club statement" away from catastrophe at Newcastle United. 

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just calling for calmer heads, is all. We've seen no concrete quotes to suggest the owner and the manager are on a collision course, in fact we've seen quotes from the manager stating he remains in control of transfers, and yet despite all that some of the fans are ready to dust off the marker pens and bedsheets again.

As always, I'm calling for calm consideration. ;)

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just calling for calmer heads, is all. We've seen no concrete quotes to suggest the owner and the manager are on a collision course, in fact we've seen quotes from the manager stating he remains in control of transfers, and yet despite all that some of the fans are ready to dust off the marker pens and bedsheets again.

As always, I'm calling for calm consideration. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=W_Z8wq9Qnps