Other games

nortoon

A harsh red but we have all seen them given and all seen them get yellows and am pretty sure we have seen them go unpunished. If it was Stoke who got it there would be no discussion.

They very rarely get a red, especially when the boot was in the midriff. I could understand if he kicked him in the head but Nani had no intention to injure anyone and it wasn't overly dangerous.

:lol: at brummie bastards indignation at the ref and the hatchet job on the ref not quite going to plan as Keane nips it in the bud by agreeing with the referee. :lol:

Keane has some neck on him.

Scandalous decision. If that's a sending off, you might as well do away with football. His eyes were completely on the ball, the Real player comes from no where he doesn't see him and it's too late to pull out. Scandalous decision. Yellow at the very best. You might as well chuck football as a sport if that's a red card. Biggest club competition in the world, and they exit the competition because of a referees dubious interpretation of the laws. What the fuck happened to discretion? Disgrace. A bad night for European football. There's a vendetta against English football.

I'd have given a yellow but can see why someone else might deem it red like. Nani makes it worse by not retracting his leg after initial contact.

This. Ref and his assistant see it in real time. Not the most scandulous decision ever made. Wrong call, but we all make mistakes. Feel for the ref tbh.

Nani makes it worse by not retracting his leg after initial contact.

Totally agree. When I initially saw it i thought he had a cheeky dig after the initial contact. Might be trying to read too much into it, but certain angles of the replay haven't altered my opinion. Meh, whatever. Still pretty mad you can get sent off for that nowadays, intention or not. I know the rules (thanks very much Chiles you utter lapdog), but just to see that challenge on its own and the red after, without similar or alternative precedent, I still consider quite crazy.

Can anyone remember such media indignation at any piss poor decision/s that's went against us home and abroad by the way?

We've played two games as high profile as that in my life time.

Loved the way Keane just destroyed ITV's injustice angle. Dixon and Southgate too scared of him to debate it any further after he gave them the stare.