Other games

nortoon

Man City away might have been expected but it was one of the most limp and gutless performances we've put in for many a time. Of course I don't expect us to go there and win but I at least expect the team to be set out there to give it a bloody good go.

Last season was excellent and mainly down to how good we were defensively and that appears to be what Pardew bases his philosophy on, keeping things tight and rigid at the back yet this season we've been dreadful defensively so it's no surprise on that basis that if we can't play to our manager's midset then we are going to be struggling.

I've been stating for some time my main gripe with Pardew is that he doesn't seem to know what to do to get the best out of the attacking talent of his team. Cisse has had terrible service all season and I know you disagree but I stand by that. He hasn't had anywhere near the level of service a striker of his ilk needs to score goals. He's proven throughout his career that if given the supply line he will score, no matter what the level is.

Even when Ben Arfa was fit earlier on this seeing he was playing so deep he never got chance to show his attacking ability anywhere near what he should have done. Far too often he was picking the ball up on the edge of his own area. I've always been a believer that the best teams defend from the front, whereas Pardew seems to be the opposite as it means his teams wouldn't keep the rigid shape he demands, plus teams that press the ball excellently then have to come up with a plan when they have the ball, something which we don't do so I can see why Pardew wants to play his percentage football because that's his comfort zone. With the players we have I don't believe that's good enough to take us to the level we should be, or certainly not with Pardew at the helm anyway.

Look at Liverpool, they were getting mocked from all corners at the start of the season but you could quite clearly see what Blobfish was trying to do and it's now starting to work.

Not going to disagree with most of that 2J, just going to clarify a couple of things. Firstly, I agree that Cisse has not been given enough chances, but it's also a fact he's missed a few or just been unlucky a fair bit too: Thursday would be a good example. If he'd been in the form of last year, we'd be safe by now imo. It really highlights the lack of suitable playing staff for me though, in particular another top draw striker.

I didn't watch the city game so can't really comment, but they are without doubt a side who are effectively in a different league to us, and a side who has no pressure. I've seen most the games since the new signings though and personally although not thrilled, I'm reasonably happy with our performances. I think we have enough to get out this mess, certainly.

I dunno, I'd take a draw. I'm really torn in this relegation fight to be honest, I want all three of QPR, Wigan and Sunderland to go down. Reading look beyond help though, so I'd probably have to settle for QPR and Sunderland.

I wanted Wigan to win like, to put the mackems in the bottom three and add to there woes psychologically. Plus to effectively relegate QPR, the cunts. QPR winning might have been mathematically better for us, but what is football without petty partisan prejudice?

I wanted Wigan to win like, to put the mackems in the bottom three and add to there woes psychologically. Plus to effectively relegate QPR, the cunts. QPR winning might have been mathematically better for us, but what is football without petty partisan prejudice?

It's a stormy mistress though - I was just thinking I was happy Wigan had lost because of the tackle follow-up but seeing Redknapp's saggy face drop even further was great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22047043

Roberto Mancini says Manchester City would still be challenging for the Premier League and Champions League titles had he been able to sign his principal targets last summer.

"We would probably be at the top... probably also in a Champions League quarter-final," the City manager said.

"We had a chance to get three or four players that would have improved our team but now it is finished with."

And he added rivals Manchester United "continued to improve their team".

All five top targets identified by Mancini last summer opted against joining City.

Those at the top of the Italian's list were understood to include Netherlands striker Robin van Persie, who instead joined Premier League leaders United from Arsenal, and Belgium's Eden Hazard, who signed for Chelsea from French side Lille.

Additionally, Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez chose Bayern Munich, Daniele De Rossi stayed in Italy with Roma and City refused to meet Liverpool's £27m valuation of Danish centre-half Daniel Agger.

However, the Italian still spent £52m last summer on players including Javi Garcia, Matija Nastasic and Jack Rodwell. That was a greater total than Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson, whose chief purchase was the £24m capture of Van Persie.

"We had the chance to get important players, players that this year could have been the difference in this team," continued Mancini. "But it is useless to talk about this now."

Fuck off. :lol:

This match is utter dross.

Evening kick offs, half and half scarves, fans mingling , the atmosphere of a friendly.

Yeh proper derby :lol: