Other games

nortoon

unbelievable, I switch to the Madrid game, miss both the Dortmund goals!

Same. Gutted.

Platini's assistant refs did an abysmal job with those offside goals. Typical that the only time I can recall them actually having any input is during one of our matches (the one last week in fact).

Edited by Monroe Transfer

No, I was following through an MBM as I should technically be writing a report right now - Actually really gutted I missed it, I've been backing Dortmund for the whole thing.

I'll have to find it somewhere, sounds like a classic fuck up.

Looked onside when he scored to me. You can't suddenly discount the defender because he hops 2 inches over the goal line

:dunno: I don't make the rules.

Looked onside when he scored to me. You can't suddenly discount the defender because he hops 2 inches over the goal line

Who's discounting him? He's the last man.

Edited by StevenL

iEDGLzju6kFik.gif

Unreal from both Reus and Lewandowski. Amazing how easily Dortmund went out and replaced Kagawa (who I think is class but hasn't had a proper run at Man Utd yet) with an even better player in Reus.

They've got some real quality players. I highly rate Hummels too. Interesting to see if they manage to keep the squad together.

Hummels is fantastic. Barcelona are after him I think, as PSG out priced them last summer for Thiago Silva. He would be perfect for them due to his footballing ability as well as his defensive ability. Mad as well that he came through at Bayern and they bought him for about a million.

I think they released Reus as a bairn too.

Most people seem to think Hummels will end up at Real. Although Im not too sure now that Varane seems to have developed nicely.

That flick from Reus to set up their first goal was something else! Hopefully Barca and Bayern will get through tonight which will mean the four best footballing sides in Europe currently imo play the semfinal. Should be good fun! :)

Why exactly? I know for some bizarre reason you can't stand Barcelona and especially Messi as people dare compare him to Maradona, but clubs like PSG symbolise what is wrong with football at the moment whereas at least when you look at the Barcelona team most of them are home grown.

Aye about 50% are homegrown which is impressive, esp when a lot of that is the better players.

I just don't enjoy watching them really, especially when you get those games where their passing game isn't working they have no plan B, they can't put crosses in etc.

You say PSG etc are what's wrong with football, but you forget Barcelona spend a fair bit themselves, guts off 30'ish this year with song and Alba, season before that they splurged 52m on sanchez and fabregas, before that they brought in mascherano, villa, adriano, and affelay, not sure how much it was total but Villa was 37m on his own iirc.

I didn't always dislike them btw I just don't like the playstyle now or the media fawning over everything they do whether it's deserved or not lol mean at times they properly go overboard for what is far from spectacular,

and i don't hate Messi either, i think Diego better aye, and i'd argue Ronaldo has more to his arsenal, i'd love to seen Ronaldo in that side tbh xavi and inniesta feeding him instead of Di Maria hitting speculative efforts.

As for wanting PSG going through, i like Ibrahimovich proper centre forward but with technical ability to boot, like watching him play :shrug:

...as barca just scored the "oooooooooooooo what a goal " from the commentator sums it up, it was a good goal, it wasn't a cum in my pants and vocalise it goal, is what really gets on my wick tbh.

I agree with all of this. Barcelona are a dull team to watch because of how the other teams play them. I actually rooted for Chelsea last year, and it just made me feel wrong all over. I respect Barcelona for what they are, but I'll always be backing the other side save for a handful of teams.

Also agree that Ronaldo is a more complete player.

Edited by Rayvin

I think they are fantastic to be honest, it will be a shame when this team does eventually break up as the players get older. Some of the football we've been treated to has been surreal.

Interesting draw semifinal draw by the way. Really think any of these four could go on to win it. Best semfinal lineup in a while imo.

Villa look like they'll be avoiding relegation. Also, if Liverpool don't beat Reading today then there's something pretty wrong over in Anfield. Especially since I've got money on them.