Other games

nortoon

Does anyone give even the vaguest shit about the FA Cup Final anymore.

I care only insofar as it might make Wigan more likely to be relegated. Otherwise no, it's been totally ruined by the FA.

Does anyone give even the vaguest shit about the FA Cup Final anymore.

Did you used to watch the whole build up, cameras on the buses, saint and greavsie/motson "cup final mastermind" thing?.....tbh, that wasn't giving a shit about the cup final, that was more "OH MY GOD LIVE FOOTBALL ON THE TELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" FA cup ties between teams in the same division would always get more fans than the equivalent league game in the same season. That stopped around 88/89 apparently. So the slow death of the FA cup started before skytv, for those of you who are bored by football and wish to read more on this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soccernomics-Simon-Kuper/dp/1458771105

Did you used to watch the whole build up, cameras on the buses, saint and greavsie/motson "cup final mastermind" thing?.....tbh, that wasn't giving a shit about the cup final, that was more "OH MY GOD LIVE FOOTBALL ON THE TELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" FA cup ties between teams in the same division would always get more fans than the equivalent league game in the same season. That stopped around 88/89 apparently. So the slow death of the FA cup started before skytv, for those of you who are bored by football and wish to read more on this: http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/1458771105

I did aye, and you're right. Thinking about it, the novelty was a huge part of it.

Man City have been crap, Wigan very lively.

McMannaman has no end product, just wants to beat everyone as many times as he can. Someone needs to level the little thug out.

[/aware of the irony in this post]

It's a massive shame what has happened to this cup. Hope this goes to extra time, knackers Wigan, and they lose on penalties, with Mcmanaman ballooning the kick needed for Wigan to stay in it.

I fucking hate Man City too mind.

I fucking hate Man City too mind.

Their fans remind me of that charva from a few years ago that won about £20 million on the lottery. Such a bunch of horrible cunts with huge chips on their shoulders.