Other games

nortoon

We were talking about this for the Bordeaux game, and someone quoted Danny Baker who said "You wouldn't want to hear Sylvester Stallone review a movie"

I'd take a pundit with personality over 600 appearances in the top flight any day of the week.

I think they've got that base covered with Savage, trouble is he's shit.

I guess my favourite pundits are James Richardson, Marcus Speller, Gary Neville, Chris Kamara, but there must be better ones out there.

Richardson was great on CH4's 'football Italia', thought he tried a bit too hard the odd time I saw him on (I think) setanta. Agree with Neville, the odd time I've heard him he's been the best around for a while. I quite like Marcotti out of the journalists even when I don't agree with him.

aye Marcotti is good especially for the euro stuff but he's got a bit of bias for barcealona

I don't mind bias as long it's pro their own team and not unduly negative towards others, see G.Neville. Obviously Man U, through and through, but doesn't unduly slate City or Liverpool.

I don't mind bias as long it's pro their own team and not unduly negative towards others, see G.Neville. Obviously Man U, through and through, but doesn't unduly slate City or Liverpool.

Agreed. What I like about Neville is that he wears his Man U affiliation on his sleeve, but stops short of wearing rose-tinted glasses when analysing them (I think Fergie got pissy one time about him 'slating' Man utd and that hasn't seemed to deter him which is good). He credits where it is due, be it City, Liverpool or Man Utd. Certainly a different league of punditry from MOTD.

Chris Mitchell on Twitter: "Absolutely pathetic from England. Aside from Wayne Rooney the players and especially the manager should be embarrassed."

Dave Worley on Twitter: "For me, England are guilty of showing off tonight. Germany and Holland battered San Marino by being ruthless. England messed about."

Ivory Coast 6-2 up with minutes left. The Dembas are staying :D

Heard something about crowd trouble and fires at the game, what's going on?

Livescore says the game was suspended at 0-2

Edited by TicTacWoe