Other games

nortoon

Last man = red card

Brushing someones sock in a contact sport does not = foul

Torres was trying to even up the teams and it backfired spectacularly

So if brushing someone's socks is not a foul why was Ivanovic sent off :lol:

There was contact with Torres, but he could have easily continued running imo. I only properly saw it like that on the camera from above Cech's head, zoomed in. He made a meal out of it because he hoped that the ref would come down hard on the manure defender. This constitutes simulation and was rightly booked for it. The Ivanovic incident is, for better or worse, following the letter of the law of contact with last man and striker that unfairly prevents a goalscoring opportunity. It's harsh on Ivanovic (though he is a knobber) as it appears that he accidentally clipped Young's foot and sent him flying, but them's the rules at present.

Torres was trying to even up the teams and it backfired spectacularly

Agreed.

Edited by ADP

There was contact with Torres, but he could have easily continued running imo. I only properly saw it like that on the camera from above Cech's head, zoomed in. He made a meal out of it because he hoped that the ref would come down hard on the manure defender. This constitutes simulation and was rightly booked for it. The Ivanovic incident is, for better or worse, following the letter of the law of contact with last man and striker that unfairly prevents a goalscoring opportunity. It's harsh on Ivanovic (though he is a knobber) as it appears that he accidentally clipped Young's foot and sent him flying, but them's the rules at present.

Agreed.

I will have another look at this at lunch but I dont think he touches his leg at all. if there is its very very minimal. Its a fucking joke nowdays, its a fucking contact sport for chirst sake.

I will have another look at this at lunch but I dont think he touches his leg at all. if there is its very very minimal. Its a fucking joke nowdays, its a fucking contact sport for chirst sake.

i agree usually, far too many stupid bookings and sendings off these days when players are actually trying to win the ball - see tiote last week.

but the rules says it's a red card if you deny a goal scoring opportunity. ivanovic may not have meant to clip his legs, but there's no doubt he did catch him. if you apply the letter of the law, the ref got it right with that one.

i agree usually, far too many stupid bookings and sendings off these days when players are actually trying to win the ball - see tiote last week.

but the rules says it's a red card if you deny a goal scoring opportunity. ivanovic may not have meant to clip his legs, but there's no doubt he did catch him. if you apply the letter of the law, the ref got it right with that one.

Did he clip his legs though? Im going from memory here, but I dont think there was a clip of legs.

If there was then yes, he was through on goal and it has to be a red, but I do think there was minimal contact, not even a clip or tangle of legs. Was it Young who was though on goal, from what I remeber he put he left leg out and clipped the floor, THEN fell over. He has a reputation of being a diving fucker too.

Whatever was and was not simulation, it's just a sad case that we have to even debate and consider whose would-be dishonesty warranted a red card more than the other. Wish players just had respect for fellow professionals and didn't bullshit. I know it's wishful thinking, just reckon the game is going to the dogs due to the dishonesty of players which is making it a no contact sport. We can blame the refs all we like for getting decisions wrong, but truth is in these instances it is the players that are making it so difficult for them. Fuck being a referee like, why anyone would want to be one is beyond me.

Edited by ADP

What a load of shite :lol:

If I went down 3 yards past the player like that when I was through on goal I would have been hauled off by the manager in disgust

The issue should be consistency by refs anyway

Fuck off was he 3 yards past the player before he went down man.

innp6Q1DdUoeM.gif

Evans right foot strikes Torres' trailing right leg. Does he go down soft, probably. But there's definite contact and as such, he didn't "dive".

innp6Q1DdUoeM.gif

Evans right foot strikes Torres' trailing right leg. Does he go down soft, probably. But there's definite contact and as such, he didn't "dive".

Why didnt he stay on his feet?...has he got form for it?....does he have anyone to blame but himself?....refs are in a difficult posistion, stop trying to con them and you may get the much vaunted "greater consistancy" that the wise old owls are crying out for.

There was a bit of contact but Torres made the most of it.

It's the making the most of it that is down to the referee's discretion and is always going to cause some controversy in these situations.

innp6Q1DdUoeM.gif

This is what ADP is getting at.

Thats a bang on dive. He knew duck lip was going to get that so fell, he could have stayed on his feet but chose not to.

Its fucking bollocks football now, utter fucking bollocks.

This is what ADP is getting at.

Thats a bang on dive. He knew duck lip was going to get that so fell, he could have stayed on his feet but chose not to.

Its fucking bollocks football now, utter fucking bollocks.

I think we'd argue about the semantics of it. But it's not a dive, it's going down easy, imo.

This is a dive

bale-dive.gif

Why didnt he stay on his feet?...has he got form for it?....does he have anyone to blame but himself?....refs are in a difficult posistion, stop trying to con them and you may get the much vaunted "greater consistancy" that the wise old owls are crying out for.

Thats a cracking point, if the players are not consistent in their behaviour, how can they expect the person judging them? If a player dives one minute, is honest the next and then looks as though he is exaggerating his fall the next then they have no right to expect to be treated consistently. Do unto others and all that but in this sense 'act the way you want to be treated'. If consistency is their issue then they need to sort their own house out first. They are total control of how they are seen on the pitch, the refs have a fucking tough job.

Its simulation, both are dives.

There was exagguration of the contact, its a dive.

I guess I just think guys makes the most of the foul, like Torres did, it's "going down easy" or exaggerating.

Someone goes down without a touch as Bale did, or sticks out a trailing leg to buy contact as Young did against Villa, it's a dive.

Shearer was never one to dive, but there were times he went down easy. Robert would dive. Jonas takes a tumble when he could maybe stay on his feet. Suarez hits the deck when there's no fucker near him. Messi buys a foul. Ronaldo will dive.

I guess I just think guys makes the most of the foul, like Torres did, it's "going down easy" or exaggerating.

Someone goes down without a touch as Bale did, or sticks out a trailing leg to buy contact as Young did against Villa, it's a dive.

Shearer was never one to dive, but there were times he went down easy. Robert would dive. Jonas takes a tumble when he could maybe stay on his feet. Suarez hits the deck when there's no fucker near him. Messi buys a foul. Ronaldo will dive.

Aye

Was I hearing things or did Neville say Torres was entitled to go down because Evans was 6'1" :lol:

innp6Q1DdUoeM.gif

That gif proves he went down 3 yards past him man :lol: