Other games

nortoon

Ajar have won the European Cup three times and by coincidence have three stars above their crest.

Man City have three stars above their new crest. Is it because there's a three star hotel near Eastlands?

In the Eredivisie you get a star per every 10 leagues won. Ajax's are for over 30 as opposed to Champions Leagues, which they have won 4 times :)

I thought they'd won it four times but the three stars made me doubt it.

I would be absolutely seething if I was a Man City fan right now :lol:

Same here like. With their transfer budget in mind, once is a mistake, twice is a habit. Think this will seriously hurt him re his employers unless he delivers the PL title.

Edited by ADP

In the Eredivisie you get a star per every 10 leagues won. Ajax's are for over 30 as opposed to Champions Leagues, which they have won 4 times :)

It's from Serie A originally although I think it was originally something the clubs awarded to themselves rather than anything official. Juve did it first with their 10th win in the late 50's or early 60s and it was then adopted by others. Then it's come to represent European Cups etc. for different sides. The Dutch have only been doing it for a few seasons I think. Man City put 3 on theirs one year for absolutely no reason other than they thought it looked nice :lol:

Aye, plus the Italian Champions have a Scudetto on their shirts right? City was to make it more European iirc. And Uruguay have 4 stars because they think the Olympics were just as big as the World Cup before the WC was made. Basically anyone will take the piss with badges.

Aye, plus the Italian Champions have a Scudetto on their shirts right? City was to make it more European iirc. And Uruguay have 4 stars because they think the Olympics were just as big as the World Cup before the WC was made. Basically anyone will take the piss with badges.

The Scudetto came first, i.e. the league winners could wear the shield the following year, but aye, I think it was an extension of that. I didn't know that about Uruguay but the Olympics was, in effect, the world championship for football, before the World Cup came along. Which means that England have been World Champions 4 times ;)

I hate when, just because they've had a great result, every player gets praise. Ambrose and Commons were shite :lol:

Everyone else deserves praise. I think it's time we as Newcastle fans accept that Forster isn't a bad keeper.

No-one has ever said he's a bad keeper, just nowhere near as good as Krul is or will be.

He's doing well there so fair play to him, not every keeper can say they've held a team like Barca at bay.

Barca really cannot defend. Buying Song is definitely not a sound defensive solution when you're lacking centre backs. :lol:

I don't think anyone has said he is "bad" per se, just that he isn't that good.

As someone alluded to, it's great for them to put in such a performance against the likes of Barcelona, but why can't they/Forster do as well against SPL teams on a more consistent basis? The Champions League being a distraction isn't a good enough excuse, they're in a league they should be dominating.

I don't think anyone has said he is "bad" per se, just that he isn't that good.

As someone alluded to, it's great for them to put in such a performance against the likes of Barcelona, but why can't they/Forster do as well against SPL teams on a more consistent basis? The Champions League being a distraction isn't a good enough excuse, they're in a league they should be dominating.

They had the league won before a ball was even kicked, it's hard for the players to get motivated knowing that. Even the Celtic fans that I know couldn't give a fuck that they're not walking it. They know they've got the league wrapped up for the forseeable future and the only real challenge available to them is in Europe.

I'm no Celtic fan, but that's a stunning win, regardless of how it has been achieve. To deny them that is to be churlish

Aye, it's results like that that are a massive part in making football the fascinating game it is.