Other games

nortoon

Was a canny game like and tbf I think Everton will be good again this season. Certainly expect them to push us. Certainly if they can keep that work rate up.

Would like to see Stevie's take on this.

IMO Man U were shite apart from the Japanese kid as Papa said. The keeper had a canny game too. IIRC Stevie says Man Ure will walk this league, on evendence tonight and I know its only the first game of the season, I cant see it.

Whilst we're making snap judgements after the first round of games..

Swansea looked a lot more incisive than their tiki-crappa Barcelona-lite stuff last year.

Liverpool looked all at sea, uneasy with a new style of playing.

Clarke's Swansea to finish above Rogers's Liverpool? You heard it here first..

Man Utd may have a cracking forward line, but their defence and central midfield is still the same. I can't believe Scholes is still playing.

They have signed some new gadgie to play at the back and no doubt they'll spunk £25m on Tiote on deadline day.

Bad result for us. Cheque books will be out. :(

They do need to splash the cash, but what they need is defensive cover, and that is something they won't be trying to acquire from us. They looked suspect last night because they had Carrick & Valencia playing in the back 4 but the midfield looked alright, Kagawa seems like he's gonna be decent and Cleverly is only gonna keep getting better.

Fellaini is awesome, would love to have put in a cheeky bid for him this window!

ManUre looked too unfit and crap at the back. Vidic is a cheating bastard, giggling like a twat after he'd hauled someone down by their shirt and escaped an obvious booking.

Everton looked tidy but they don't seem capable of scoring many goals. Obviously they've just signed that Belgian chap but he's an unknown quality in the EPL.

Would like to see Stevie's take on this.

IMO Man U were shite apart from the Japanese kid as Papa said. The keeper had a canny game too. IIRC Stevie says Man Ure will walk this league, on evendence tonight and I know its only the first game of the season, I cant see it.

They will. It's incredibly naive to judge anything on the opening day of the season. Mind when Villa beat them 3-1 opening day? Man City and them will be the sides battling it out, but I think its Man Utd's.

Why was the commentator talking about Everton as if they're a small club that defied all the odds to beat the mighty Man Utd?

They're a big club (don't start Stevie), have some very good players and finished higher than Liverpool last season. Deserve a bit more respect from the media iyam.

How are they big though? Explain how they're big. They're wonderfully well managed without a doubt, but they make less money than the mackems, average 20,000 less than Newcastle, and their long term future is far from bright and as their fanbase dwindles year by year. Tottenham and Newcastle are significantly bigger than Everton, even though we've both won 10 domestic trophies to their 14. That was a shock last night in my eyes.

Man Utd`s central mid is shite compared to citys, its that simple. All silk and no steel.

Fellaini did what Yaya Toure did to them basically ( even though he is a completely different player) - Run them over.

As long as ferguson is in charge you can never discount them, but their make-way CMs are another year older..

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Well Clarke managing Swansea is certainly news to me ;)

Argh had Clarke on the mind for obvious reasons. Laudrup's then, although that makes it slightly less poetic. fuck it, Clarke's West Brom above Rodgers' Liverpool?

Btw if Rogers is sacked mid season with Liverpool below West Brom/Swansea I'm claiming that.

Havent we tried to shift tiote for quite a few windows already. Must be a right pain in the arse that he fancies the city and club so much, he doesnt want to move despite friendly prods :D

when have we actually tried to sell him?

Tiote to Arsenal the latest crack. That's not off my ITKs just off twitter.

Can't see it when Wenger was bemoaning lack of creative edge against the mackems - not exactly Tiote's game.

Can't see it when Wenger was bemoaning lack of creative edge against the mackems - not exactly Tiote's game.

They still need somebody of that ilk though, they probably needed that even before Song went which is why they've been heavily linked with M'Vila. Fellaini will be the next lazy link too.

They've got Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky, Arshavin, Cazorla and possibly Sahin as well. None of them do what either Tiote, M'Vila or Song do.