Other games

nortoon

Hazard kicked the ball boy for keeping the ball. Torres would've missed him, Cole would've shot him and Terry would have shagged his mother!

Hahaha!! I sympathise with Hazard like, the kid was being a right prat about it. Don't think the referee could have done much else though...

Just watched that. The ball boy wants a proper shoeing tbh. Absolutely pathetic carry on even before Hazzard gave him a kick but the rolling around and crying afterwards ffs!

Hazzard is a bloody idiot for doing it though, hopefully will receive a lengthy ban.

Just watched that. The ball boy wants a proper shoeing tbh. Absolutely pathetic carry on even before Hazzard gave him a kick but the rolling around and crying afterwards ffs!

Hazzard is a bloody idiot for doing it though, hopefully will receive a lengthy ban.

Bollocks, he was trying to kick the ball from under him, there is a different between that and having some kind of malice while doing it.

Fucking hell, I've been reading some comments on this ballboy incident around the net. Regardless of whether the ball boy was holding on to the ball or not it makes no difference, the time 'should' be added on to the match by the official at the end. The be all and end all is that Hazard was clearly frustrated and took it out on the ballboy - there's a few people saying Hazard was 'trying to kick the ball out from under the ballboy' as well... really? That's clutching at straws just a little bit :D It's indefensible, the player deserves a very lengthy ban.

Fucking hell, I've been reading some comments on this ballboy incident around the net. Regardless of whether the ball boy was holding on to the ball or not it makes no difference, the time 'should' be added on to the match by the official at the end. The be all and end all is that Hazard was clearly frustrated and took it out on the ballboy - there's a few people saying Hazard was 'trying to kick the ball out from under the ballboy' as well... really? That's clutching at straws just a little bit :D It's indefensible, the player deserves a very lengthy ban.

Well he was, doesn't make it 'right', but that's obviously what he was trying to do.

I think it's hilarious that a footballer has been undone by a member of the public playacting. Now you know how twatful we think you look.

:lol:

Yes folks, that's how pathetic the games got. Demba can Fuck off as well as he's straight in the diving school.

Well he was, doesn't make it 'right', but that's obviously what he was trying to do.

Fair enough, but at the end of the day if the kid's timewasting then that's something the official needs to take in to account, not the player. Hazard deserves everything he gets from this (providing he gets busted - bearing in mind it's Chelski), IF Hazard was trying to kick the ball out from under the ballboy that still doesn't excuse the action or the preamble up top it where he's all over the kid - even with the time-wasting aspect I'm pretty sure the ballboy didn't intend to lay on the ball or hit the deck for that matter.

On a side note, what's this with the commentators pronouncing Eden Hazard as 'Edin Hazaard'? I hate that, it's obviously Eden (as in the Garden of) and Hazard (as in Dukes of), pah!

can we stop calling him ballboy/kid

he's fucking 18, there was likely a player in the lineups younger than him, wee scroat mouthed off about timewasting hours before the game, did it, and got a tap and told to wise up, it's not like hazzard wound up for a free kick and put the laces through him.

I'm afraid I do see 18yr olds as kids tbh, that's an age thing though I guess. And yeah, I've since see the details on him now but still, you can't accept that a player reacting like that to any of the non playing staff is okay surely. It's no different to Cantona's kung fu kick or Di Canio shoving the ref in my eyes. Players should be on the pitch doing their job, if they have a problem with the ballboys it's not for them to resolve physically, the match officials are there for that.

Sky showed the toon v everton game where Cabaye "pushed" a ball boy, didn't he get a retrospective ban from that? Doesn't look good for hazard like, what the fuck was he thinking.

The kid was time wasting, just like all clubs do. Was it not Liverpool who got put out because a ball boy returned the ball quick one year?

Swansea should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and fined.

I agree with that, actually. (Not sure if you're serious though....)

An FA charge and fine for Swansea and a lengthy ban for Hazard would do me. Cretinous action by Hazard who absolutely should know better, but I think it's pretty clear this ballboy had a premeditated timewasting plan that deserves punishment. Sack the kid too, owner's son or not, he can do one.

Completely serious, the ballboy is an employee of the club deliberately trying to affect the game. Not only affect the amount of time / ability to restart the game quickly but also contributing to the frustration of the Chelsea player by deliberately winding him up.

If it was me in charge, i would let Swansea think they could be expelled from the competition for behaving in such a way and fine them heavily.

Can't understand why Hazard didn't just remonstrate with the officials, which would have stopped the clock, and have had the ref hurrying the ball boys along for the rest of the game.

The ball boy is a little cheat, but Hazard is an idiot.