CB: Mike Williamson

RB :Gosliing?

LM: Marveux

CM: Anita

CM: Amalfitano

CM: Abeid?

RM: Obertain

ST: Shola, if fit

Can't see Good playing, Tavernier should be and as Shola is injured we might see Campbell or Vuckic pushed up front.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Line-up predictions? I'm guessing 4-5-1/4-3-3

Mine:

GK: Elliot

LB: Raylor

CB: Curtis Good

CB: Mike Williamson

RB :Gosliing?

LM: Marveux

CM: Anita

CM: Amalfitano

CM: Abeid?

RM: Obertain

ST: Shola, if fit

I hope Elliot doesn't play. He's non-league standard IMO. I'd rather see Harper or Krul TBH. I also think we'll see Williamson and Perch as our CB pair with Raylor and one other as the full backs, maybe Tavernier? I'd like to see the rest of that team start though. If Shola isn't fit, I'd prefer to save Cisse and use Ba.

Can't see Good playing, Tavernier should be and as Shola is injured we might see Campbell or Vuckic pushed up front.

Fair point. I'm sure Vuckic is in that squad, probably for Abeid. Is Shola definitely out injured? I didn't see confirmation of that- just the same sort of "doubts" we had over Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse going into Spurs match

Maybe of interest to someone.

Want to give a young Newcastle United fan an unforgettable match day experience and help raise money for charity?

Newcastle United Foundation is offering 11 exclusive Mascot Experiences for Newcastle United’s Europa League qualifier against Atromitos FC on Thursday 30th August 2012 (kick off 20:00) where your son or daughter could experience the thrill of a lifetime by running out onto the pitch with their heroes.

The exclusive experience includes:

Each mascot will be named in the match day programme

Pre-match meal at Sports Direct Arena at 7pm

A brand new 2012/13 Newcastle United kit

A pair of Puma Evo Speed football boots

Souvenir group photo

The chance to walk through the tunnel and onto the pitch with the Newcastle United and Atromitos FC teams and shake hands with the players before kick off

The chance to be a ball boy or girl during the match*

Two extra match tickets for accompanying parents or adults

Places for this one-off experience are available for £325 and all proceeds go to Newcastle United Foundation (Registered Charity Number 1124896).

There are only a limited number of places available for this amazing experience. To book or for more information call the Foundation on 0844 372 1892, choose option 4, x 8451 or email foundation@nufc.co.uk by Monday 27 August.

*The experience is open to girls and boys aged five to 14 but to qualify for ball boy duty girls and boys must be aged 10 to 14 for health and safety reasons. If child is not old enough for ball boy place, a child ticket for game will be given.

Mascots will need to be at the stadium for 6.30pm.

Newcastle United can cope with tough week - Tim Krul

Goalkeeper Tim Krul believes Newcastle United have the confidence to cope with their punishing early match schedule.

Having beaten Tottenham in their opening game , United travel to Athens to play Atronitos on Thursday evening before facing Chelsea away on Saturday.

Krul told BBC Newcastle: "It's an important week, you can't just let it go because then you're running behind.

"It's tough, but I think we have so much confidence in this team now we don't fear anybody."

Play media

Last season Newcastle were unbeaten in the first 11 games of the season, a start which Krul believes gave the club the momentum and confidence to go on to finish fifth in the Premier League.

"It was so important, it gives us such confidence - winning against Spurs and Demba [ba] on the scoresheet, what more do you want?" said the Dutchman.

Ba's goal, a fine curling effort in the first-half, was his first for Newcastle since last February, having scored 17 goals up to that time. Thereafter the Senegal international was outshone by compatriot Papiss Cisse, who scored 13 goals in 15 games after being signed during the January transfer window.

"If you look at our strikers, they can just change games - it's the same story as last season and hopefully I'll keep saying that," said Krul.

The goalkeeper also singled out fellow Dutchman Vurnon Anita, who made his debut coming on as a second-half substitute against Spurs after being signed from Ajax.

"He'll need to get used to running a lot more than he did at Ajax but he came off the pitch and said it was incredible and that he was already feeling he had made the right choice," said Krul.

Sky 428 for those who don't know. I'm working in London today do going to miss it. Sky+ can be handy.

You have to subscribe don't you? Isn't it £10 a month?

Oh for that channel? Or sky+ I have sky+ that channel better not be or I'm fucked!

That's Premier Sports, pretty sure it's subscription only.

Subscription Form

Thank you for your interest in Premier Sports.

We currently have a special offer for Newcastle fans wishing to see the game this Thursday.

Enter promo code NEWCASTLE online or mention on the phone and get the channel for 2 months for only £9.99.

The connection fee is also dropped. This offer is only available using a credit card.

This process only takes a few minutes to complete and uses a secure online payment system.

Once you have completed payment the channel will be available to view automatically.

Before proceeding please check our FAQ's page for other information you may require.

For those without Sky you can subscribe to a high quality stream by selecting the streaming tab on the left.

If you would rather speak to a customer adviser or are requesting Multi-room then please call 0871 663 9000.

Opening hours are 9am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

Calls to this number cost 10 pence per minute on the BT network, calls from other carriers and mobiles may vary.

Aye, subs only. You're Sky+ will just either fail to record anything or get adverts and then cut out, I'd assume.

[/i][/i][/i][/size]

Aye, subs only. You're Sky+ will just either fail to record anything or get adverts and then cut out, I'd assume.

[/i][/i][/i][/size]

Not worth it tbh, there will be streams