When is it acceptable for a bloke to cry?

BigWalrus

That's awful TR, I feel for you. Losing our parents is something most of us are going to have to face and for most it's a horrific prospect.

We had a weekend celebrating my parents golden wedding anniversary this week. The odds of this happening early January were about 20 to 1 against. My sister also has recovered from a terrible illness. Best weekend ever tbh. On the negative side though, several friends and family have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses. Makes you appreciate life is transient and you have to make the most of it. That's a lesson I've taken to heart and will never forget.

How special you all got to celebrate your parents Golden Anniversary. My parents in law had their Golden, but unfortunately my Dad in law died just 9 months before their Diamond Anniversary :(

You're so right, life is very precious, I'm constantly struck by how fragile we are. I try not to take anything for granted now. Life has taught me a few hard lessons!

Edited by Toonraider

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright man. I've

never had a pet so don't really see the difference. It absolutely is a bit hypocritical though, like a veggie wearing leather shoes. But we're all hypocrites anyway.

Except no one eats dog meat so its nowt like that really :lol:

I think the last 3 times ive cried has been brought on by watching relatives cry at funerals, especially ones you have never seen cry before

My cousin committed suicide about 6 weeks ago. It's the first time I've ever seen my 87 year old grandda cry and that's what broke my heart more than anything else.

Thanks love. It's all been horribly intense so not many people knew but it's been quite difficult. We're a daft close family and it's absolutely rocked us to the core. More so the way it was done rather then the fact he did it. As J69 said - it's the grief of other people that hurts me most. At the moment I'm lending out my son to my mam and auntie because he makes them smile with his beautiful and innocent ramblings, so they don't have to face reality. It's tragic :(

There have been probably three big moments when I've cried cos to be honest I just don't really do it, so it has to be a 'shock' moment for it to happen. I cried when my dad died very suddenly, I cried when my wife nearly died, and then I cried when my bairn was born. In all instances I was fine for a bit, then lost it completely, then once I'd got it out never cried again about it. So it tends to be sharp sudden shock of emotion that does it for me. Not Lassie.

I didn't cry but I felt like it when I heard they'd found the body of that little laddie who drowned in Somerset.

Ugh god I didn't know anything about this story but just read a report. Says his parents jumped in to try and save him but were unable to reach him. They then had to be treated for water ingestion and shock.

Fucking hell man, the feeling of desperation these poor bastards must have had keep going under the water and coming up with nothing. It's unimaginable.

You've documented all your injuries on here. I would make a beeline for those points of weakness and have you begging for mercy in a matter of seconds.

ALthough considering my injuries making a "beeline for" is a bit of a fancy way of saying "If I connect with anything your probably fucked".

Guest CabayeAye

Thanks love. It's all been horribly intense so not many people knew but it's been quite difficult. We're a daft close family and it's absolutely rocked us to the core. More so the way it was done rather then the fact he did it. As J69 said - it's the grief of other people that hurts me most. At the moment I'm lending out my son to my mam and auntie because he makes them smile with his beautiful and innocent ramblings, so they don't have to face reality. It's tragic :(

Sorry to hear that. I'm glad your son is starting to fill the void.

I cried myself to sleep last night; such injustice hasn't been witnessed since the Nuremberg trials.

Explain?

Edit; Don't bother, bit slow this morning, rough night. :doh:

Re-edit; ignore the above. Explain.