Gene_Clark

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lee Ryder had any balls about him the headline in the paper today will read

UTTER WANK

writes Lee Ryder

I haven't seen a more static Newcastle team since the final days of the Souness reign. Basically our game plan, although I'm sure it's not, is either play the long ball to Demba, and if that's not working rely on Ben Arfa for some magic.

It was one of the most dour games of football I've ever seen, absolutely no cohesion, a complete effort from players who are visibly unable to perform at the level they can at the moment, and I honestly don't know the reason. It's just as well we were playing Norwich and not Man Utd, who are next up at home in two weeks time, because we'd have been fucked. The only positive for me yesterday is how much more confident and solid Santon continues to look, and the fact Benny's form isn't dropping and thank fuck it's not, as he is the only conventional creative entity the team has at the minute. The best thing you can say about this season is we have 8 points from 5 games and we've only lost one, because it's been totally shite. Sunderland have played better than us.

I blame Ashley, truly I do, the likes of Cabaye probably had opportunities to go to clubs like Arsenal, I truly believe that, but have stayed because their bids weren't enough, and were probably reasonably happy to on condition that the squad was strengthened (particularly in his case with his mate Debuchy). It didn't happen even Demba hints at minor unrest and it had fuck all to do with him being on the bench, the time is coming where Ashley needs to put up or fuck off.

Yesterday was oh so predictable as written by someone at 951am yesterday here on twitter:

https://twitter.com/leazeslad/status/249793181019938816

UTTER WANK

writes Lee Ryder

I haven't seen a more static Newcastle team since the final days of the Souness reign. Basically our game plan, although I'm sure it's not, is either play the long ball to Demba, and if that's not working rely on Ben Arfa for some magic.

It was one of the most dour games of football I've ever seen, absolutely no cohesion, a complete effort from players who are visibly unable to perform at the level they can at the moment, and I honestly don't know the reason. It's just as well we were playing Norwich and not Man Utd, who are next up at home in two weeks time, because we'd have been fucked. The only positive for me yesterday is how much more confident and solid Santon continues to look, and the fact Benny's form isn't dropping and thank fuck it's not, as he is the only conventional creative entity the team has at the minute. The best thing you can say about this season is we have 8 points from 5 games and we've only lost one, because it's been totally shite. Sunderland have played better than us.

I blame Ashley, truly I do, the likes of Cabaye probably had opportunities to go to clubs like Arsenal, I truly believe that, but have stayed because their bids weren't enough, and were probably reasonably happy to on condition that the squad was strengthened (particularly in his case with his mate Debuchy). It didn't happen even Demba hints at minor unrest and it had fuck all to do with him being on the bench, the time is coming where Ashley needs to put up or fuck off.

Yesterday was oh so predictable as written by someone at 951am yesterday here on twitter:

https://twitter.com/...793181019938816

Thank god for that. Was beginning to think it was just me.

People who were vaguely impressed by that simply weren't at the match.

Who was impressed in any way shape or form apart from at the odd personal standout (Ben Arfa and Harper)?

Who was impressed in any way shape or form apart from at the odd personal standout (Ben Arfa and Harper)?

On here? I don't know I've barely read the thread. On twitter last night "good performance that", "Pards boys coming good at the right time", "4-1 would've been a fair score". I don't know what game these cunts were at. I'd become a full time Rugby League fan if every game was like this.

UTTER WANK

writes Lee Ryder

https://twitter.com/...793181019938816

Spot on.

I have said a few times already this season the reason we havent looked good much is down to players losing their focus, desire and belief. Belief in themselves but more so in the ownership and their ambition.

Cabaye and Cisse are two players out of many in our side who could get into top top teams in europe, there will have been bids/enquiries for them and of course the players themselves would have known about it. We kept them because no-one would pay the "silly money" for them which is good, we are fending teams off but that will only go so far. We cant keep an unhappy player, so, keep them happy.

The fact we never got the players we needed will have pissed off the more ambitious in the group, Cabaye, Cisse, Ba, Tiote and Coloccini for sure. They want to compete in the CL, they seem to want to do it with the toon, if we are to keep them year on year MA needs to match their ambition.

I think fwiw we will see a couple of major transfers coming in in January.

Edited by StellarStripes

Was the performance yesterday overall better or worse than the first half Monday night?..I appreciate Everton are a better side than Norwich, but I thought the same as Stevie has just aluded to at half time on Monday... at least 3 senior players put a shift in that had "I want to be elsewhere" stamped all over it. Wasnt there yesterday so cant really judge.

Was the performance yesterday overall better or worse than the first half Monday night?..I appreciate Everton are a better side than Norwich, but I thought the same as Stevie has just aluded to at half time on Monday... at least 3 senior players put a shift in that had "I want to be elsewhere" stamped all over it. Wasnt there yesterday so cant really judge.

Cabaye and Cisse were the only two that seemed unhappy per say. I thought everyone else looked hungry even if they were not playing to their best.

Harper seems up for the fight with Elliot, Santon looks confident and settled, Taylor's come back strong, Willo was decent, Perch was solid, Jonas was Jonas, and of course Ba and Ben Arfa are in great form.

Anita however just doesnt look comfortable at the moment.

It was very very very marginally better than the first half at Everton against a team two rungs below the blue dippers. Not trying to be funny to you but it's like saying who would be better sitting on your cock Vanessa Feltz or Susan Boyle off Eastenders. That's a fair analogy too because this performance will cause upset till at least the next home game.

So from now on whenever one of our players puts a shift in it means they're unhappy and want out?

Righto. :lol:

Cabaye and Cisse were the only two that seemed unhappy per say. I thought everyone else looked hungry even if they were not playing to their best.

Harper seems up for the fight with Elliot, Santon looks confident and settled, Taylor's come back strong, Willo was decent, Perch was solid, Jonas was Jonas, and of course Ba and Ben Arfa are in great form.

Anita however just doesnt look comfortable at the moment.

Agree with most of that, Merveux is the one for me. Getting a major chance and is either unwilling or incapable of doing what Pardew wants. Loads of folk saying about his lovely first touch based on cameo's at the end of games, but he's rightly getting the " Ben Arfa" treatment from last season. It looks like its been the making of HBA, lets hope it has the same effect on him as he could be key to playing the 3 up front that suits us best.

So from now on whenever one of our players puts a shift in it means they're unhappy and want out?

Righto. :lol:

Well no, look at how the likes of Cabaye and Cisse played this season in general, along with Pardews comments to that affect. 2nd half Monday was a lot better, so am wondering how they looked yesterday?...

Agree with most of that, Merveux is the one for me. Getting a major chance and is either unwilling or incapable of doing what Pardew wants. Loads of folk saying about his lovely first touch based on cameo's at the end of games, but he's rightly getting the " Ben Arfa" treatment from last season. It looks like its been the making of HBA, lets hope it has the same effect on him as he could be key to playing the 3 up front that suits us best.

Hope you are right. I expected big things of Marveaux this year.

I have said a few times already this season the reason we havent looked good much is down to players losing their focus, desire and belief. Belief in themselves but more so in the ownership and their ambition.

It's not restricted to this season, we're no better, but also no worse than last season.

Yesterday reminded me of the Wigan home game from last season. Cabaye won it with 10 minutes to go but we were poor. It was the 5th win on a 9 game unbeaten streak though, we had been poor in lots of games, but people were happy with it cos we were 4th. Those that weren't happy got a new name in that match thread..."Team Negative". CT posted a very funny video of Hitler having a pop at the Toontastic crew. Perhaps now he's had his ticket for a year he's starting to demand a bit more for his hard earned cash like the rest of us, not content to just enjoy the stadium and the pie at half time that was such a thrill for him before.

Reading that Wigan match thread, Stevie had a very similar rant about the shite performance and what a twat Ashley is :lol:

It's not restricted to this season, we're no better, but also no worse than last season.

Yesterday reminded me of the Wigan home game from last season. Cabaye won it with 10 minutes to go but we were poor. It was the 5th win on a 9 game unbeaten streak though, we had been poor in lots of games, but people were happy with it cos we were 4th. Those that weren't happy got a new name in that match thread..."Team Negative". CT posted a very funny video of Hitler having a pop at the Toontastic crew. Perhaps now he's had his ticket for a year he's starting to demand a bit more for his hard earned cash like the rest of us, not content to just enjoy the stadium and the pie at half time that was such a thrill for him before.

Reading that Wigan match thread, Stevie had a very similar rant about the shite performance and what a twat Ashley is :lol:

We didn't play as bad in that Wigan game and always felt a goal would come, and also we were playing better around that game than we are now.

Wigan were much better than we were yesterday if Moses and Rodallega could finish we could've had a really embarrassing scoreline yesterday. The problem we've got and have had in many games this season is we don't move off the ball very well, and are better suited playing teams who come at us all the time, as I just don't think we've got enough movement to take the game to teams all of the time. That's my conclusion, don't confuse movement with pace, we have an abundance of pace, but there's not many intelligent runs going on. Had me contact lense punched oot me eye after the goal but it was worth it.

Had a major argument with a mate about Ashley after the game in the pub was nearly a get ootside job with piss offs and fuck offs flying everywhere, can't believe how suckered in people are by this start to the season and it's going to get even worse the longer we keep fluking results because that's what we're doing. The back four was quite good I thought though, more vital we get Colo a new contract than any of AC, Barton, JE or Nolan.

Best looked like he'd been on a cowie last night or summik, after 5 minutes he looked fucked hands on hips, his performance was feeble, and that weak header when he should've scored summed it up. Anyway it's 3 points, but we need to up that against Stoke and the blue dippers cos we'll get beat off both if we don't.

A Leeds fan on twitter yesterday, he said "Noowcastle are a t'joke club a say t'joke club 'oo can't attract t'anyone decent". I says joke fuckin club, we've just signed a 24 year old mainstay of France's midfield, this weekend we sit 4th top of the most competitive league in the world three points clear of fifth, we are a joke club, yet you're fucking struggling at London fucking Road and have been out the top flight 8 fucking years!

It's lovely.

More positive than my assessment of yesterday HF.

What a load of utter bollocks you talk at times :lol:

By the time we played Wigan last year we had Drawn with Arsenal, beaten the mackems, won in the cup and....

Beaten: Fulham, Blacknurn & Wolves

Drawn away at QPR and Villa and drawn at home with Spurs.

We were exceeding expectations and putting in some decent performances.

Not quite the same as this season so far.

This season there are very few signs of a "team". Not for Ben Arfa and dodgy linesmen things would be very grim.

Bolton at home alst season, just beaten Swansea on Good Friday, 4th well within our grasp, and we played as if it was a pre season kick about...theres nothing new about this, we're just inconsistant performance wise but good at grinding out results due to one or two brilliant indivduals on any given day. Pardews comments are a concern, but Spurs went through all this last season and finsihed 4th.Not saying we will, but no need to go overboard yet.

By the way :lol: knowing what a stickler you are for facts......

I posted that video before the season started as a pop at Team Positive.

I also didnt comment in the Wigan thread.

Dont let any of that get in the way of a good moan though :)

What a load of utter bollocks you talk at times :lol:

By the time we played Wigan last year we had Drawn with Arsenal, beaten the mackems, won in the cup and....

Beaten: Fulham, Blacknurn & Wolves

Drawn away at QPR and Villa and drawn at home with Spurs.

We were exceeding expectations and putting in some decent performances.

Not quite the same as this season so far.

This season there are very few signs of a "team". Not for Ben Arfa and dodgy linesmen things would be very grim.

But the complaints being made back then were about performances, not results. The complaints about yesterday are aroiund performance not result.

Going on results like you have ONLY villa could be construed as not meeting expectations.

Pardew has a lot of good qualities and I've seen signs that he continues to learn and doesn't fear making mistakes. Hatem is the case in point. Nearly every game this season has been turned or impacted by our little genius and Pards has heaped praise on him nearly every post match. Hatem is being allowed to roam and do pretty much what he likes as long as he helps out with the defence when we don't have the ball (he does that all the time now).

In the Everton game he made changes early and the key one of moving Perchino into the middle and Anita at RB where his medium passing and game reading come into their own away from the PL hustle and bustle of midfield (it takes time to grow into that).

Although there is the usual 10-15 min when we do a bit of cogent passing and the team move about nicely it is pretty clear to everyone that this isn't the touchstone of our game.

Our game is a percentage game and that inc often hitting the key men early - either dir to the strikers or the advanced Hatem. This is clear even when Cabaye has the ball and looks up he hits longer straighter balls even when they often lose posession (he would never do this for France ever).

The system is not about fluid football (the team moving up on mass) it's about identifying danger zones early and getting the ball into them. This last season was the machinery that got us all those points, it's about breaking the game down into moments rather than breaking the game down into patterns. People forget how often Mourinho's side would hit Drogba early or that Benitez's full backs would get a proper glare if the crossed the half way line. The percentage game is about statistics and positional discipline it's primarily about winning matches. It isn't about looking pretty. This is what we had most of last season and nothing dramatic has happenned that I can see for Pards to change his mind.