Newcastle v Norwich City: 22nd or 23rd Sept

Gene_Clark

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shit penalty. Cisse is having a mare of a run.

Pardew needs to put a rocket up this lot at the half. We should have a few more goals. At the same time the core of our defense looks soft they need to harden up - mainly Taylor to blame on that front, Willo has been getting about.

We have played well in 5 minute spells, an improvement on recent 1st half displays but still lack that "control" we need to dominate sides. In large the poor form of Cabaye and Cisse is not helping matters.

I have faith in both to come good, it seems to me that the summer has disrupted a few players and they have lost their "belief". It will come, Ben Arfa and Ba are leading by example, they want it and hopefully it will rub off on the others. Tiote and Coloccini will help when they come back like. Hope to see Tiote on in the second half to take control of Norwich's midfield.

Keep on going lads, a second and third are in the tank for sure.

Should never have given Cisse the pen. Perhaps if we were 3 up aye, but that could have been a massive moment in the game to gan 2 up on the stroke of half time. Hopefully we won't rue it. Williamson has played well, ben arfa mint as per, Anita looking good too. Would like to see a couple more goals for us mind. There for the taking this lot.

I have little confidence in Ba's penalty taking. Now I have even less in Cisse's. Should have subbed Shola on for it ;) Ben Arfa would have been a better shout, but I'd say he'd be the type to send the odd shocker from trying to do too much.

Mad to let Cisse take it. Ba is the man in form and Hatem would score for fun.

I actually think it was the right choice, a chance for our main man to hit the ground and start scoring. His confidence is shot to shit but i think a fire will be lit in his stomach second half. Fancy him to score today still.

Got a feeling Pardew will got mental at Cisse taking that pen, I was under the impression Ben Arfa was now our taker. Fair enough at 3/4-0 but not 1-0.

Yeah, you assume the manager picks the takers, not the players. If Cisse was the designated taker you'd have imagined he'd have got the ball straight away no questions asked. Now is not the time for the players to be trying to help restore their mate's confidence.

Cabaye's looked sharp

No he hasnt! A couple of times has found himself in a great position and he's lost his concentration to control or shoot.

Definitely not in any sort of form. I think he misses Cheik alongside him personally.

I actually think it was the right choice, a chance for our main man to hit the ground and start scoring. His confidence is shot to shit but i think a fire will be lit in his stomach second half. Fancy him to score today still.

It's obviously not the right choice if he's missed it though is it...

Letting someone take it just to get them on the scoresheet reeks of arrogance and contempt for the opposition. Hope Pardew is putting it up them right now to not let that foolish decision cost us the points.