By having a quick look around on Google news, it seems he's linked to Chelsea and Man City. But that's been the case for months now.

Having said that, if a big offer was to come in for anyone which would turn the heads of the regime, it'd be for Tiote.

Everything seems too quiet and going too well for us at the moment.

Ashley will do something to piss us all off. He's done so over the last five or so years, so I can't see it changing now.

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by dbsweeney

According to "news" which shouldn't be mistaken for "facts" a few have enquired and have been quoted £20M. The problem will be if one of the money no object clubs decide they want him.

Gutted if we lose him but that's the way of the world with Ashley. Every player is for sale if the price is right. At least this Anita kid looks like he can fill his boots.

Gutted if we lose him but that's the way of the world with Ashley. Every player is for sale if the price is right. At least this Anita kid looks like he can fill his boots.

That's the way of the world with every club not just Ashley.

Also funny how you slag him off in the first sentence and then unintentionally praise him for already having a good replacement ready if needed.

:lol:

Also funny how you slag him off in the first sentence and then unintentionally praise him for already having a good replacement ready if needed.

But that's the problem, the signing of Anita had fuck all to do with him, he merely allowed us to do it (after ruining any Debuchy chance by haggling too hard). I wouldn't blame Ashley I tiote went for a good fee but come on its not as if he's been scouting for replacements etc personally

wasn't anita to be cover for tiote? not a replacement, the biggest short fall of this team is the lack of depth

Aye, the biggest short fall is lack of depth. The same lack of depth that pretty much every club (other than Man City) are suffering from.

We could probably do with another striker, a right back and another centre back - but show me a team who couldn't do with those.

But that's the problem, the signing of Anita had fuck all to do with him, he merely allowed us to do it (after ruining any Debuchy chance by haggling too hard). I wouldn't blame Ashley I tiote went for a good fee but come on its not as if he's been scouting for replacements etc personally

So Ashley gets the blame for Debuchy not signing because he "haggled too hard" but gets no praise for Anita despite clearly haggling to just the right level?

Graham Carr is an employee of NUFC and ultimately works for Mike Ashley. He has said himself in interviews that he has specific instructions from Ashley about what type of player we should be going for, in terms of age, ability, potential, wages etc. Surely the Anita scouting is as a result of Graham Carr being well briefed and fulfilling his requirement as a scout.

We could, alternatively, use the Martin O'Neill method, of picking players who seemed canny on Match of the Day.

:lol: Have you heard yourself? Ashley has nothing to do with players we sign, just players we don't sign!!!! Giveover :lol:

So Ashley gets the blame for Debuchy not signing because he "haggled too hard" but gets no praise for Anita despite clearly haggling to just the right level?

Graham Carr is an employee of NUFC and ultimately works for Mike Ashley. He has said himself in interviews that he has specific instructions from Ashley about what type of player we should be going for, in terms of age, ability, potential, wages etc. Surely the Anita scouting is as a result of Graham Carr being well briefed and fulfilling his requirement as a scout.

We could, alternatively, use the Martin O'Neill method, of picking players who seemed canny on Match of the Day.

:lol: Have you heard yourself? Ashley has nothing to do with players we sign, just players we don't sign!!!! Giveover :lol:

I didn't say that at all, I agree that his not paying over the odds is a good strategy and agree that its right for us, just you know you need to get out of his arse when you're giving him credit for Anita, when in reality it'll have been 'we've spotted a good player who we want to sign', 'is he cheap?' 'yes' 'say no more.' if you do give him credit for Anita. Criticise for Debuchy, simple

I didn't say that at all, I agree that his not paying over the odds is a good strategy and agree that its right for us, just you know you need to get out of his arse when you're giving him credit for Anita, when in reality it'll have been 'we've spotted a good player who we want to sign', 'is he cheap?' 'yes' 'say no more.' if you do give him credit for Anita. Criticise for Debuchy, simple

It's exactly what you've said.

I look at the way Ashley runs the club in total, not simply cherry picking bits like you are.

When we first went in for Cisse they wanted something like 15 million. By waiting a window they got him for 10.

As for hanging out his arse :lol: really? Best you can muster?

I'm totally happy with the way he runs this club from top to bottom (and yes he does run it). Things like the stadium rename I don't like but he gets plenty of credit for turning his own and Shepherds mess around and giving us an exciting club to be proud of on and off the field.