It's exactly what you've said.

I look at the way Ashley runs the club in total, not simply cherry picking bits like you are.

When we first went in for Cisse they wanted something like 15 million. By waiting a window they got him for 10.

As for hanging out his arse http://www.toontastic.net/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/icon_lol.gif really? Best you can muster?

I'm totally happy with the way he runs this club from top to bottom (and yes he does run it). Things like the stadium rename I don't like but he gets plenty of credit for turning his own and Shepherds mess around and giving us an exciting club to be proud of on and off the field.

And I thought I got it wrong :lol:

And another one :lol:

Got to admit I had high hopes for Bigi, but weren't there rumours about off-field problems? He certainly had the attributes to play at a decent level.

Would be interested to know what happened. Knew a Coventry fan who thought he was superb, and he looked promising when he first played here. He didn't have much good to say about Pardew.

I always rated Abeid too - reckon he would've done a good job for us this season.

I hope he makes something of his career as he seemed to have the ability, and seemed a nice kid off the pitch. No idea what want on, but I don't begrudge him success like I do Ranger.

Abeid is another that looked ok and I don't fully understand what he did wrong, he's at Dijon at the minute.

Had his contract terminated at Panathinaikos so probably wouldn't have done a job for us.

Without knowing the reasons for that termination and seeing he's now playing regularly in a better league, I'm not so sure.

The reason Abeid never made it was he wasn't ever anything other than average at best.  He had a couple of decent games (when the team played well) after a long time of doing nothing whatsoever and people all of a sudden started rating him.  After that he went back to being poor.  He's not a patch on Colback.  There was no mystery about him he's just not a player who's good enough to play at even our current level.

Bigi is different as he played a fair few games when he first arrived and looked like he had everything to be a Tiote who could actually use the ball.  His drop off is a lot more surprising.

Without knowing the reasons for that termination and seeing he's now playing regularly in a better league, I'm not so sure.

He's playing for a team two points off the bottom of Ligue 1. I'm sure.

I hope he makes something of his career as he seemed to have the ability, and seemed a nice kid off the pitch. No idea what want on, but I don't begrudge him success like I do Ranger.

Abeid is another that looked ok and I don't fully understand what he did wrong, he's at Dijon at the minute.

Couldn't cut the mustard

• 3 months later...