Christ this is awful.

RIP

When he was on fire he was a brilliant DM

He was great in that match (and that season) and played a big role in our re-establishing ourselves as a PL team the season before as well.

Fucking hell, only 30 too.

That thunderbastard equalizer against Arsenal will live long in the memory.

R.I.P Tiote :(

Edited by Bizza

His agent Emanuele Palladino:

“I can confirm that my client Cheick Tioté sadly passed away today after collapsing in training with his club Beijing Enterprises."

“We cannot say any more at the moment and we request that his family’s privacy be respected at this difficult time. We ask for all your prayers.”

2 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

His agent Emanuele Palladino:

“I can confirm that my client Cheick Tioté sadly passed away today after collapsing in training with his club Beijing Enterprises."

“We cannot say any more at the moment and we request that his family’s privacy be respected at this difficult time. We ask for all your prayers.”

Truly shocking  <_<  Two years younger than me.

Oh my goodness this is such sad news.  I had my shots at him for his play the last couple of years in particular, but there is no doubt he was exactly what we needed when we first came up. He had so much confidence on the ball, sometimes too much confidence, and added steel to a previously spineless midfield.  He gave us more than his money's worth and by all accounts was a wonderful person. 

R.I.P. Chiek.   Heartfelt condolences to his family, friends, and the club.

27 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Wouldn't call Nolan and Barton spineless like. I remember his pass completion rate being crazy high in his first season for us

I was speaking defensively.  And yes, Barton and Nolan were spineless defensively. He made our back four better at that time, let's put it that way.