http://espnfc.com/bl...id/6342?cc=4716

Some interesting points made there about Tiote's time here and his form last season.

Aye, good read. Think it's silly to compare single games though. Look at his overall record...

avmsna.jpg

I've highlighted those areas where he has had his best season yet and those where he has had his worst.

I think the fact he is less successful at tackling or turning over possession than in any other season (he tackled less well than Cabaye in 12/13!) is what has let him down this season. It starts and ends there. That's what he should be all about.

His discipline is better, he takes less daft shots, wins more in the air. While he's passed at a rate which is about the average of his previous two seasons, with accuracy still down on his first season (but better than last) his number of key passes is up. So a mixed bag there.

The changes Pardew has asked him to make, which have seen the improvements, have been at the expense of his most important quality...being our midfield bulldog that wins the ball (or receives it when under pressure) puts his foot on it, takes a moment and lays it off to someone else simple.

I know.

I think perception is massive for us as fans watching.

8 out of 10 passes finding their target is quite satisfactory when we are 5th and people are bouyant.

2 out of 10 passes going astray when we're nervous and in a relegation battle becomes a massive bone of contention and we focus on it it disproportionately, making more of them in our minds...especially if the misplaced passes are particularly poor.

Same goes for a wild shot from miles out wasting possession and the opportunity for someone else with better shooting boots to have a go.

His lack of bite this year is undeniable though. Pardew has neutered him. Which is what a lot of people on here were screaming out for when he got sent off against the Mackems.

I know.

I think perception is massive for us as fans watching.

8 out of 10 passes finding their target is quite satisfactory when we are 5th and people are bouyant.

2 out of 10 passes going astray when we're nervous and in a relegation battle becomes a massive bone of contention and we focus on it it disproportionately, making more of them in our minds...especially if the misplaced passes are particularly poor.

Same goes for a wild shot from miles out wasting possession and the opportunity for someone else with better shooting boots to have a go.

His lack of bite this year is undeniable though. Pardew has neutered him. Which is what a lot of people on here were screaming out for when he got sent off against the Mackems.

Thats true. Watching non nufc games I often realise how I hardly take notice of all the misplaced passes etc. Pressure does weird things to everyone including the fans.

I'm not sure how much perception it is tbh. I've felt Tiote has obviously deteriorated and stats can be deceiving too. E.G a completed pass can mean a 15 footer to space and a mans feet , or a pass 1 foot to a player to get immediately disposed under pressure. My grief other than the cards has been the fact that hes willing to hold onto the ball that little bit too long, then offload it in a way which makes the other player totally overwhelmed immediately.

I think in the past Tiote has tried to take responsibility for the ball and held onto it rather than just dump it off on someone else. It's been a big positive from him for me and I can't really remember him changing that approach this last season.

I think his problems have been trying to take on too much attacking responsibility when Cabaye's been missing and as HF point's out, his agression has been curbed. For me, if you want him to be effective you have to let him play his game but that will inevitably result in suspensions.

• 4 months later...

Harsh? If it was me or you with a fake driving licence we would have been locked up. What sort of excuse has a millionaire footballer who finishes work at 1pm every day got for not doing his driving test?

its one document with no financial gain, unsophisticated and unprofessional.

Not defending it, but I bet getting a driving licence and insurance is not commonplace in the Ivory Coast. Probably thought absolutely nowt of getting a dodgy Belgian licence whilst he was in Holland.

I wonder if the club ever provide any advice / lessons on adapting to the regulations and rules here. Certainly I imagine what is normal in the likes of Senegal and the Ivory Coast is quite a bit different from here.

Nice to see him dressing for the 'Imagination' tribute audition.

_68303293_68303288.jpg

"Searching for a destiny that's mine there's another place another time.
Touching many hearts along the way
Yeah
Hoping that I'll never have to say
It's just an illusion - illusion - illusion."

• 1 month later...