If we had to sell one of the big names (Ben Arfa, Ba, Krul etc), I'd have to say this guy would be the first one on my list. I appreciate his qualities but I'm fed up of his indiscipline and wayward passing.

On the other hand, I'd worry about his replacement in the starting 11.

That's what you've got to ask like. I know Tiote got so much praise last year it's nice to have a whine and go against the grain. But Perch has more bookings than Tiote and less passing ability, so what do you gain by selling our best holding midfielder?

Pardew just needs to get him back to sitting in front of the back four, winning the ball back and then releasing it early. That's what he's best at. Yet now it seems Pardew's got him trying to play this role as some sort of box-to-box destroyer.

If he were playing in front of a settled and confident back four, alongside a settled and confident midfield, behind a settled and confident strike force we'd see the Tiote we loved last season.

Aye, I would imagine he feels the need to do too much because he's not seeing it from anyone else. It's counter productive in the main but I can understand why he would feel that way. I was playing five a side the other week and one of the lads who was clearly the best player on our team was holding onto the ball and trying far too much. But as he said, I'm not trusting those other morons with the ball!

He still plays lazy passes that get us into trouble far to often. The one Krul had to break a neck to stop a clear run on goal vs Southampton was a prime example. He needs to look up and play a sensible pass, the Hollywood passes I can almost forgive, It's the simple passes that are played too short/wide that are unforgivable.

Not to sound all T27/James but I am starting to think his football's answer to Chuck Norris thing we have at the club is massaging his ego a little too much. When he arrived his pass completion was up there with the top in Europe but it must be pretty shocking now.

I just want to see hm settle down down a bit. He is definitely fired up and pissed off. Maybe his big summer supposed move riled him. We know what he can do and he need to get him back to that. Last night, his passing and movement were absolute gash. Its not the normal Tiote and I hope Pardew can fix this within his game. So as in my changed opinion about Pardew, give the lad a chance to rediscover his form. We need Cabaye back next to him too.

He still plays lazy passes that get us into trouble far to often. The one Krul had to break a neck to stop a clear run on goal vs Southampton was a prime example. He needs to look up and play a sensible pass, the Hollywood passes I can almost forgive, It's the simple passes that are played too short/wide that are unforgivable.

Not to sound all T27/James but I am starting to think his football's answer to Chuck Norris thing we have at the club is massaging his ego a little too much. When he arrived his pass completion was up there with the top in Europe but it must be pretty shocking now.

Didnt he have like 98% pass completion or something similar in one of his first games for us. You look at how often he turns into trouble these days and he's definitely regressed somewhat

Edited by TheRollingStones

• 1 month later...

Another who looks like he's playing under the disappointment that he was going to a "bigger" club in the summer but it didn't eventuate for whatever reason.

I'm hoping once Cabeye's best mate has joined the club he will feel better about the club and find the form of last season.

He's just getting worse and worse. He can't shoot, he can't dribble, he can't pass and his tackling has regressed.

He's also a thug, not someone I'm proud to see in black and white.

Coming round to that view myself tbh, there was a point last night before he got booked where he just took Naismith down for absolutely no reason, going nowhere, miles from danger and tiote just went in after the ball and have away a freekick for nothing.

Not giving 100% anymore. Distracted by a move to a 'bigger' club or distracted by the fact some of the bigger names of the squad are on the injury list and feels he should do it all, so-to-speak.

I think he's trying to do too much with the players missing and performances of the team etc. but he's also out of form and may well have had his head turned / not got the move he expected or hoped for. I still think he just needs to get back to sitting in front of the back four. Preferably in a midfield 3 with Cabaye and Anita providing the creativity / getting forward more.

I think he's trying to do too much with the players missing and performances of the team etc. but he's also out of form and may well have had his head turned / not got the move he expected or hoped for. I still think he just needs to get back to sitting in front of the back four. Preferably in a midfield 3 with Cabaye and Anita providing the creativity / getting forward more.

Definitely think those factors you mention are having an effect. I also think the overall malaise at the club is taking it's toll on many of the players and he is amongst the hardest hit. Morale seems to be rock bottom at the moment. I'm hoping Debuchy signing will lift the French/French speaking contingent. It's been mentioned before, but signings don't just improve personnel, they definitely give the club a lift. Our reticence to spend has cost us in so many ways.

• 2 weeks later...