Newcastle United v Atromitos Athens

Christmas Tree

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same, be a good bit of a booster after that Chelsea result, try get hba/cisse/ba taking them apart for fun, give Annita a bit of a boost with a win as well and knocking it around them with ease.

knowing they're playing a crap team or not, if they take them apart it'll work wonders probably

I think Cisse could really do with a goal.

Would love us to get a few goals in this, but honestly just progressing will leave me happy. Pardew won't let anyone be complacent.

Yeah same, be a good bit of a booster after that Chelsea result, try get hba/cisse/ba taking them apart for fun, give Annita a bit of a boost with a win as well and knocking it around them with ease.

knowing they're playing a crap team or not, if they take them apart it'll work wonders probably

Ben Arfa is still suspended for 2 games

I think Cisse could really do with a goal.

Yup seems to me Ba, Cisse, Cabaye etc are in need of a bit of a confidence boost. A good outing on Thursday and they should be back to their best soon.

I hope Pardew isn't tempted to stick with the 442 that's not quite working yet. Kill the game early doors and then, if we're clean and clear, then take the opportunity to experiment.

It's on ITV 4 I think. I'm sure they were advertising it during the Hearts game last week.

I think Cabaye and Cisse could both do with a run out as neither of them have started the season too well. Ideally start them and get an early goal or two and then bring them off early.

Guest CabayeAye

If it were up to me:

--------------------Krul

Perch Williamson Good Raylor

-----Amalfitano Anita Abeid

------Marveaux Shola Ferguson

Harper

Colocinni

Saylor

Santon

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse

If it were up to me:

--------------------Krul

Perch Williamson Good Raylor

-----Amalfitano Anita Abeid

------Marveaux Shola Ferguson

Harper

Colocinni

Saylor

Santon

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Good based on what? He will be a development player for at least a year. He wasn't signed as a first team player.

I hope we put a full strength team out and take the competition seriously.

Assuming we do get through to the group stage, are people expecting us to play full strength teams and really have a go at progressing in this competition?

Personally I really hope we give it our best shot.

My fear is that we will play weakened teams, limp through the group stage at best and go out of the competition as soon as we hit some quality opposition.

I really hope we don't end up doing a Bolton, Villa or even a Stoke. Would rather go out at an early stage if thats the case

Guest CabayeAye

Good based on what? He will be a development player for at least a year. He wasn't signed as a first team player.

If we don't play Good, we'll have to play Perch at CB. For the away leg where we did this, Tavernier had to play. Tav isn't anywhere near ready yet, so I'd be prepared to risk Good over Tav. The only other options are to either risk Saylor, Simpson or Colo, or to play Fergy at LB. TBH, Fergy isn't ready yet in his favoured position, let alone shoehorned in as a LB. I'd risk Good and if he was piling in, bring Saylor on in his place.

Guest CabayeAye

Hang on, Tav isn't ready (after one game) but Good is? Why would we even consider playing him ahead of Taylor etc if they're fit? We're not playing till the Sunday so there's less fixture congestion than there was last week.

I thought your WUMing days were over.

I see you are unable to follow trains of thought, so I will spell it out for you. We gave Tav his chance, he showed that he isn't ready, he gets given more time in the reserves. We now give Good a chance and one of two things will happen.

1. He plays well. Use him as a squad player as cover for our first three CBs.

2. He plays badly and gets subbed off. He isn't ready yet. Loan him out or give him more time in the reserves. Try him again next year.

And if you can't see why we wouldn't play Taylor, then you are officially thick.

Edited by CabayeAye

I see you are unable to follow trains of thought, so I will spell it out for you. We gave Tav his chance, he showed that he isn't ready, he gets given more time in the reserves. We now give Good a chance and one of two things will happen.

1. He plays well. Use him as a squad player as cover for our first three CBs.

2. He plays badly and gets subbed off. He isn't ready yet. Loan him out or give him more time in the reserves. Try him again next year.

And if you can't see why we wouldn't play Taylor, then you are officially thick.

Agreed, This game is perfect for trying out our new unproven aquisitions. Tav was fucking dire against a league 2 quality side, might as well etch a NOT READY tattoo on his shoulder. Howler after howler after howler.

Simpson is a young Paolo Maldini defensively in comparison.

And starting Taylor against a greek nobody side 2 days before a PL game :lol: STRETCHER!!?!

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I'd just go with the same team we played last Thursday or maybe have Amalfitano in for Obertan and Shola (if fit) in for Cisse. We controlled the game last week without putting in much effort to go on to win it. Plus we just need to get a result basically, No point risking the big team players when we can do them with our second team

Cousin & his elder daughter over from Vitoria-Gasteiz in Basque Country; doing game with them & my young'un for £40 - great value.

Looks like Bodega beforehand, possibly Newcastle Arms after.

2-0 Gosling & Cisse

I'd just go with the same team we played last Thursday or maybe have Amalfitano in for Obertan and Shola (if fit) in for Cisse. We controlled the game last week without putting in much effort to go on to win it. Plus we just need to get a result basically, No point risking the big team players when we can do them with our second team

Except we very nearly didn't do them with our 2nd team last time round. I'm not sure I want to take that risk