Newcastle United v Atromitos Athens

Christmas Tree

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Obertan did exactly what he should be capable of, causing a bit of panic among a second-rate defence regardless of end product (which we know he can't do anyway). He's found his level with that lot.

Marveaux had a shocker.

I don't get this one bit, but quite a few people have said it. I thought he was the best player on the park.

I don't get this one bit, but quite a few people have said it. I thought he was the best player on the park.

That says a lot then.

First half he was ripping their left back and couldnt get a decent ball in. Second half he had more than 1 man on him most of the time and couldnt get the beating of his man as much as the first half. He wasted far too many chances. Grafted aye, end product, no.

Says a lot for the rest if Obertan was the man for us last night. We were lucky regarding the Peno's, could easily had one of those go against us. We did what we needed to do and that was go through, but we made it hard work for ourselves in the second half.

Yep

blatant penalty :lol:

frankly, he should have held 2 that bounced off him; the penalty & the one immediately after we scored.

hopefully last night was just an aberrant evening & not a sulk by him at having to play a Europa Cup game

That says a lot then.

First half he was ripping their left back and couldnt get a decent ball in. Second half he had more than 1 man on him most of the time and couldnt get the beating of his man as much as the first half. He wasted far too many chances. Grafted aye, end product, no.

Says a lot for the rest if Obertan was the man for us last night. We were lucky regarding the Peno's, could easily had one of those go against us. We did what we needed to do and that was go through, but we made it hard work for ourselves in the second half.

He did like. That explains it then. Seen him miss a few chances, must be shit.

He looks good when the balls at his feet. He just looks a neat tidy player. Give him a few chances in the PL and he could become a good player for us.

Obertan was much improved in attitude. He wasn't hiding, he was more aggressive and more enthusiastic to have the ball and to win it than I've ever seen him at Newcastle.

As the commentator alluded to, I think that had a great deal to with the quality of his opponent. Obertan knew he had the beating of their LB from early on, and a very picky referee who didn't believe it's a contact sport, so he enjoyed every second of running at him and past him.

His delivery though was still woeful. Last night was his peak performance, and it put him on par with an average Guttierez show of endeavour without end product.

If he could show that endeavour in the league, where the pace is much faster, and if was winning us corners and free-kicks in the danger areas for other folk to deliver, I'd say he'd be adequate cover.

So Bordeaux, Brugge and Maritimo

decent draw that, not the lowest quality sides we could've had but the trips are pretty decent and short

Bigirimana is 18 man!

Aye get rid!

Anyway it was a decent look out i suppose even if the performance wasnt great!

Its all about experience i suppose, hopefully we'll get a good group.

Hoping for an Italian team!

Fairly sure i seen CT having a pint in tilleys btw...

Not me. I was babysitting :)