Newcastle United v Aston Villa

McFaul

I'm not, I'm just saying that the entire team seems disjointed and nowhere near the cohesive unit we saw last season. It could just have been an uncertainty during the window, but there's something amiss.

We looked disjointed for large parts of last season too.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still truth is better than false hopes.

I think everyone thought it was going to be a tough game.

Villa desperate to get some points on the board, nothing to lose. Newcastle slightly complacent perhaps? on tired legs. 1-1 is a fair result in the end. We just weren't good enough in the first half.

I'm not, I'm just saying that the entire team seems disjointed and nowhere near the cohesive unit we saw last season. It could just have been an uncertainty during the window, but there's something amiss.

Moral must be low after the window like. Not getting star players in when the squad obviously has ambitions to get somewhere is a kick in the moralistic ballsack for them.

Anita has been gash Monroe, is probably was the wrong word but he has been very very poor. Bigi, a young lad we signed for next to nowt has impressed me more. Tenfold.

I think people, with all due respect, are forgetting that Bigirimana has 26 games worth of experience of English football.

I don't think Anita has been that bad, but on the other hand I can't say that he's taken to the PL straight away and he's clearly got a lot to work on. Looks a decent enough player at times but he'll take a while to settle. As do a lot of foreign players. Giroud at Arsenal for example hasn't got going at all for them yet.

I think "very, very poor" is a bit over the top iyam. "Absolute gash" I found laughably over the top and a little immature as football fans often are (myself included). Just my opinion.

I don't like the thought about the Jan window if the points doesn't start rolling in, aswell as a fail in the Euros. Ben Arfa, Tiote, Ba, Cisse, Colo, Cab they would probably all like to take a hike somewhere else...

We are only 3 games into the season and have lost one game that was basically expected. We have qualified for the Europa league stage, so in effect, it's been a very good start to the season.

There is a lot of plusses to take, just out of the games we've played. For instance, Marveaux has looked very good so has biggy, plus Amalfitano looks like he's got what it takes to make the grade, not to mention a little ginger lad who could spring a few surprises this season.

Anita hasn't hit the ground running yet but then again he must be allowed the time to gel as it's plain to see that he's quality. It's just a case of him getting to grips with his new surroundings and the rough and tumble of the game here.

Enrique started off like a Donkey and look what happened with him...same with Colo.

It's about not panicking and a 'keep sending them out' attitude.

Another possible plus is Obertan appears to be gaining a bit of confidence, which is just what the lads needs.

3 games in lads and lasses, let's not start pushing any panic buttons.

I think people, with all due respect, are forgetting that Bigirimana has 26 games worth of experience of English football.

I don't think Anita has been that bad, but on the other hand I can't say that he's taken to the PL straight away and he's clearly got a lot to work on. Looks a decent enough player at times but he'll take a while to settle. As do a lot of foreign players. Giroud at Arsenal for example hasn't got going at all for them yet.

I think "very, very poor" is a bit over the top iyam. "Absolute gash" I found laughably over the top and a little immature as football fans often are (myself included). Just my opinion.

Would be interesting to see Anita's stats to be fair, his pass completion I'd expect will be very very poor. His concentration is absolute gash.

Clearly is a player of quality, or was for Ajax in the Dutch league and yes it takes time to settle and adjust to the PL but 10 yard passes are a piece of piss.

IMHO he has been awful so far, I'm not writing him off though.

We've been spoiled by most of our foreign imports (Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote in particular) all taking to the league as if they'd played in England before. Anita has the pace and strength to make it in the premiership, just think it's going to take him a while to adapt to the pace of the league and the amount of pressing teams do.

Bigi has really impressed me mind especially for a lad so young, could really prove to be a valuable member of the squad this season.

I have no doubts Anita could do well if only he gets a position to settle in. This utility guy thing must be very chaotic for someone who's just arrived. Place him in left-back and Santon on the right, thats what we need at the moment, Pardew needs to play players where they belong.

If Simpson is going to be out for a few weeks it might be a good idea to use Anita at LB like we are well aware he can and has played there a good bit. Jonas will protect him and it would be good to see how Santon and Barfa link up on the right. Hopefully Tiote is back soon so him and Cabaye can get upto speed and start domination midfield again like we did last season. He has been a big miss.

Edited by StellarStripes

"I can't say that we deserved to win and you could argue that Villa did," Pardew explained. "We were a bit funny today, we lacked discipline and our set-plays were awful.

"It was a nightmare from a coaching point of view. We were better in the second half but they still had chances. Both managers probably walk away and think a point is fair but we won't come across many teams that will work as hard as Villa did."

Fair play.

If Simpson is going to be out for a few weeks it might be a good idea to use Anita at LB like we are well aware he can and has played there a good bit. Jonas will protect him and it would be good to see how Santon and Barfa link up on the right. Hopefully Tiote is back soon so him and Cabaye can get upto speed and start domination midfield again like we did last season. He has been a big miss.

I think it's been wrong of Pardew to use Anita in the middle, not a passer and not a physical strong enough guy for that role. That's why I wanted to see someone else in that role today in the absence of Perch and Tiote. Even Colo would've done a better job as a holding midfielder.

I think it's been wrong of Pardew to use Anita in the middle, not a passer and not a physical strong enough guy for that role. That's why I wanted to see someone else in that role today in the absence of Perch and Tiote. Even Colo would've done a better job as a holding midfielder.

Although I have said in the past Colo could do a job there, to consider it like many of your suggestions is just stupid man. How many CB's do we have?

I think Anita ha said CM is his position but I don't think it is. He could work in a 3 though alongside both Cabaye and Tiote.

"I can't say that we deserved to win and you could argue that Villa did," Pardew explained. "We were a bit funny today, we lacked discipline and our set-plays were awful.

"It was a nightmare from a coaching point of view. We were better in the second half but they still had chances. Both managers probably walk away and think a point is fair but we won't come across many teams that will work as hard as Villa did."

Pardew needs to face the fact he's being a big part in why shit hits today IMO. Clever tactics and subs is alpha omega, as important as the individual performances. The squad seemed dull today, but Pardew could've lifted the inspiration by planning more clever things and not just what everybody expects every time.

Yeah, let's put our best centre half in midfield. Good one

My first suggestion was actually Jonas. I've already figured spending all our 3 cb's at once would be stupid. Blame MA for being an utter useless prick not securing us a fourth man in that position,

Edited by Aeris