Newcastle United v Aston Villa

McFaul

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I can't say that we deserved to win and you could argue that Villa did," Pardew explained. "We were a bit funny today, we lacked discipline and our set-plays were awful.

"It was a nightmare from a coaching point of view. We were better in the second half but they still had chances. Both managers probably walk away and think a point is fair but we won't come across many teams that will work as hard as Villa did."

Pardew needs to face the fact he's being a big part in why shit hits today IMO. Clever tactics and subs is alpha omega, as important as the individual performances. The squad seemed dull today, but Pardew could've lifted the inspiration by planning more clever things and not just what everybody expects every time.

Yay, Agendas!

The vid shows it was single-handedly Ben Arfa's act why we didn't lose against one of the worst team in this years PL. I actually went to the Villa forum just to scout, there was absolutely nill belief there that Villa would take this.

Pardew left the changes way to late today, the system wasn't working or we were just playing badly, take your pick, but there was nothing happening and we had players on the bench to change that or could have went 4-3-3 (or variation of that) and got Ben Arfa into it and given their defence something to deal with as the 2 up front were struggling. I'm not one of the people these days who think 4-4-2 is unplayable and that you can't win with it, but today we were static and Villa were untroubled most of the first half, and they are not a good team at all.

Thought Santon was the pick of our players, had an impressive match defending and attacking and Ben Arfa rescued us with the sort of thing only he can do,but there were some sluggish performances out there. Also thought Bigi did really well on his introduction and we looked a bit better in midfield with him there, whilst Anita settled in nicely at fullback considering he's just started in the premiership and was moved mid game.

Hi Guys! New to this board. Been around for quite awhile but never really got down to registering, until today.

All in all, quite disappointed with today's performance and result. I don't think Ba and Cisse should be starting together upfront as they occupy exactly the same positions and don't compliment each other well at all. If anything at all, we should consider playing Ba on the left like we did last season. If it were upto me, I'd quite honestly drop one of them next game for Marveaux. Cisse hasn't looked sharp at all and his movement has been quite poor compared to last season, so I'd probably drop him.

Once again, we looked completely devoid of any ideas. Either we looped the ball to the two upfront or looked for some inspiration from Ben Messi.

Another thing of notice, is our shocking set-pieces. Why is it that time after time, game after game, we are unable to beat the first man either at corners or free kicks. Some of the delivery today was c@ck!!! Everyone tried including Bigi, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben but the delivery was all poor. I can't understand how at such a senior level, they struggle to beat the first man when it comes to corners.

Hi Guys! New to this board. Been around for quite awhile but never really got down to registering, until today.

All in all, quite disappointed with today's performance and result. I don't think Ba and Cisse should be starting together upfront as they occupy exactly the same positions and don't compliment each other well at all. If anything at all, we should consider playing Ba on the left like we did last season. If it were upto me, I'd quite honestly drop one of them next game for Marveaux. Cisse hasn't looked sharp at all and his movement has been quite poor compared to last season, so I'd probably drop him.

Once again, we looked completely devoid of any ideas. Either we looped the ball to the two upfront or looked for some inspiration from Ben Messi.

Another thing of notice, is our shocking set-pieces. Why is it that time after time, game after game, we are unable to beat the first man either at corners or free kicks. Some of the delivery today was c@ck!!! Everyone tried including Bigi, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben but the delivery was all poor. I can't understand how at such a senior level, they struggle to beat the first man when it comes to corners.

Great first post. :thumbup:

I agree with everything you've said. Ba and Cisse seem to always get in each others way.

Welcome aboard :)

I agree to a point. I'd quite like to see 4-3-3 as I think most would. Either Ba-Cisse-HBA or Marv-Cisse-HBA. Ive yet to be convinced Ba and Cisse work as a front two.

Yup, but thankfully Pardew has picked up on this and was very critical about it in his post-match interview.

We're a good team not kicking just now, encouragingly thought Cabaye who's been extremely poor started looking more up to speed last 20 minutes, at which point we looked a lot better all round. Tough game comming up they'd better play more like they finished this one than the way they started it.

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome guys! Much appreciated. :)

Another thing I couldn't fathom was Anita on the right and Santon on the left. Anita was decent but he looks more confident on his left than right, which showed when he was attacking. Even though he put in a couple of decent balls with his right (well, better than Simpson's atleast), I'd like to know the reasoning from Pards behind playing wrong footed full-backs on each side.

From what I saw of Tavs on Thursday, he looks quite decent going forward. He wasn't really tested defensively when he came on so couldn't tell about that, but I'd like to see him being given a chance at RB with all the injuries.

Yup, but thankfully Pardew has picked up on this and was very critical about it in his post-match interview.

This is where we will miss Raylor to be honest. He might not be the best player, but his set-pieces are a lot better than anyone else's.

Moral must be low after the window like. Not getting star players in when the squad obviously has ambitions to get somewhere is a kick in the moralistic ballsack for them.

ballsack = bollocks, which is what i regard this view as.

So the team/unit morale that I/the media/most toon fans praised last season has now evaporated because we havent signed some "superstars" this window??

Picking my words carefully, UTTER SHITE

I don't like the thought about the Jan window if the points doesn't start rolling in, aswell as a fail in the Euros. Ben Arfa, Tiote, Ba, Cisse, Colo, Cab they would probably all like to take a hike somewhere else...

Based on what exactly?? nothing other than the sheer weight of your pessimism??

ballsack = bollocks, which is what i regard this view as.

So the team/unit morale that I/the media/most toon fans praised last season has now evaporated because we havent signed some "superstars" this window??

Picking my words carefully, UTTER SHITE

The squad wants CL, there are high quality players in there who could play for any European top team. They came close last season and know if some improvements upon last season had been done, chances getting there would be even greater. The boards lack of commitment to follow up on our steps to success is not good for morale. AP's morale aswell I would guess.

Edited by Aeris