Newcastle United v Aston Villa

McFaul

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did our £1mil 18 year old look more impressive than our £7mil Dutch international?

Why the fuck do Ba and Cisse play about 40 yards away from each other? The one time they got close they were fucking battling each other for the same header in the box!

And why the fuck can't Cabaye beat the first man with a corner?

And why the fuck didn't we replace Raylor? Now Simpson Is injured and we are playing a midfielder as our first choice right back.

Our keeper, defence and HBA look like they are trying. The rest look like they are disappointed they aren't playing for Man United after the transfer window.

The squad wants CL, there are high quality players in there who could play for any European top team. They came close last season and know if some improvements upon last season had been done, chances getting there would be even greater. The boards lack of commitment to follow up on our steps to success is not good for morale. AP's morale aswell I would guess.

Thats the key bit isnt it?? YOU ... GUESS

You're really asking this question?

I mean you even go on to to admit that he (Anita) was playing out of position, which partly answers your question.

Even though Anita was playing out of position, I thought he did quite a decent job. He looked a lot more comfortable attacking than Simpson ever has. Don't get me wrong, I like Simmo defensively, but going forward he's quite poor.

To be honest, you can tell he has the attributes to be a decent player, and we'll see that when he gets used to the league.

Edited by IndianMag

Thats the key bit isnt it?? YOU ... GUESS

YOU ... GUESSED right. I do guess. And if you agree with my guessings it makes it a stronger guess, and if you don't well I GUESS we see things differently, and I GUESS it's nothing wrong with that.

You're really asking this question?

I mean you even go on to to admit that he (Anita) was playing out of position, which partly answers your question.

The observation is made in the three games he has spent time playing in midfield.

My point is more that the £6.7mil could have been spent on Debuchy rather than our 3rd CM of the transfer window.

Why did our £1mil 18 year old look more impressive than our £7mil Dutch international?

Why the fuck do Ba and Cisse play about 40 yards away from each other? The one time they got close they were fucking battling each other for the same header in the box!

And why the fuck can't Cabaye beat the first man with a corner?

And why the fuck didn't we replace Raylor? Now Simpson Is injured and we are playing a midfielder as our first choice right back.

Our keeper, defence and HBA look like they are trying. The rest look like they are disappointed they aren't playing for Man United after the transfer window.

I agree on the whole but that last point seems harsh apart from on Cabaye. Ba's pressure and effort in chasing down the Villa defender turned possession over from which we scored. Him and Cissé need to sort it out though.

Can't be arsed for a full critique of the game (as if anyone is waiting for it), so I'll just state the generals:

- Someone needs to sort out crossing. FUCK. ME. SHITE SHITE SHITE. Long passing as well. Cabaye sort it out.

- Anita... Does he know he can play it along the floor? Rather than hoofing?

- Extension of former point - keep the fucker on the floor as much as possible! We are better, more controlled and more disciplined.

- I wouldn't go so far to say he had a shocker, but Cisse wasn't good today like. Haven't been impressed with him since the start of the season. That shot he had from the 6 yard line, he would have buried that last season. Perhaps he is just tired, I don't know, but as someone else suggested, I'd drop him for Marveaux and play him on the left, see how it works.

- Bent...lol.

Edited by ADP

Yeah, Ba is trying hard tbf to him. Cabaye is horrendous however. You dont even notice him til he fucks up another corner. Jonas offered very little going forward today. Was impressed with Bigi when he came on. Hope he doesnt get pushed out of the picture once Tiote is fit again.

The observation is made in the three games he has spent time playing in midfield.

My point is more that the £6.7mil could have been spent on Debuchy rather than our 3rd CM of the transfer window.

Agreed. He has not looked like the midfielder we need, he's not a Cabaye passer nor a Tiote ballwinner, and he will most likely end up in the position Debuchy would have been much better suited for anyway.

Yeah, Ba is trying hard tbf to him. Cabaye is horrendous however. You dont even notice him til he fucks up another corner. Jonas offered very little going forward today. Was impressed with Bigi when he came on. Hope he doesnt get pushed out of the picture once Tiote is fit again.

Agree about Bigi. He didn't let the situation faze him at all. He gave the ball away a couple of times cheaply, but other than that, his passing and distribution was good and he made a few vital interceptions and blocks. Seems like a smart player as well. He seems to know where the the players around him are.

Not at all. He was simply just doing his thing in the wrong areas. (Not dangerous areas) :)

I've been saying for ages he's far too deep in a 4-4-2, that's blatantly obvious as he gets the ball at right-back a lot of the time when he needs to get the ball in the final third.

I've been saying for ages he's far too deep in a 4-4-2, that's blatantly obvious as he gets the ball at right-back a lot of the time when he needs to get the ball in the final third.

Yup, his skill on the ball is not in question but we want those first few steps from him to be into the box or around that area.

Something is amiss and a fine tune is required from Pardew.

All this abuse towards Anita is beyond ridiculous. Give the lad a chance for fucks sake, he's a dutch international with alot of calibre. People praised how good he looked away in Greece and how fast he was at spurs etc... 3 games doesnt make a player shit

The long ball drives me mad. Krul HOOOOOFFFF.

We have the players to play possession football but its all a bit straight lines, formation wise. It works well when defending but having any sort of fluidity with a rigid 4-4-2 wont happen. Pardiola tried to change that in the second half but it backfired as we hardly had any width.

I'd probably be inclined to drop one of the Dembas next game and get Marveux in the team. He rarely loses possession and offers some natural width.

We've lost 3 full backs in 72 hours, that should persuade him to fill in there for now.

Indeed, he's not going to have the chance to complain at all about it.

Even when Perch is fit I'd rather Anita is given a run at full back. If Tiote is back it's a certainty, but otherwise I'd still do it - we need to see whether he's up to it over a stretch. That would leave Perch on the bench to cover in case of an injury across the back four, or to come on a mid-field closer.

Good read from Spurs game.

"Pardew changed shape at half-time, showcasing his flexibility by moving to a 4-3-3 with the same players he ‘dstarted with. Demba Ba moved to the left, Jonas Gutierrez tucked in, Ben Arfa pushed higher up."

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/08/20/newcastle-2-1-tottenham-pardew-switches-formation-ben-arfa-excels-in-both-systems/

totnew2.jpg

They'll put S.taylor on the right and williamson at cb

No. Perch and Tiote is back for tha Everton match, Anita will have to play back or he'll not come on.

Edited by Aeris

..................Cisse................

.................Hatem................

....Marv......................Obertan

........ Tiote..........Cabaye........

Edited by Park Life