Newcastle United v Aston Villa

McFaul

..................Cisse................

.................Hatem................

....Marv......................Obertan

........ Tiote..........Cabaye........

Its going to take something radical to get the right option either dropping Ba as you have done or Jonas. For some reason Pardew seems unable to make that tough decision at the minute.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to take something radical to get the right option either dropping Ba as you have done or Jonas. For some reason Pardew seems unable to make that tough decision at the minute.

I'd play him at left back and Santon at RB, especially at home. Try it now with the injuries. He's played RB for Argentina.

Edited by Park Life

Anyone mentioned Villa played quite well? Surprised me. Don't think i'll have that relegation bet.

They were utter shite - bog standard in every area of the field apart from being tall at the back. They'll get pasted a fair few times this season against teams who turn up with a cutting edge. We should've scored 3 past them, especially at home.

They were utter shite - bog standard in every area of the field apart from being tall at the back. They'll get pasted a fair few times this season against teams who turn up with a cutting edge. We should've scored 3 past them, especially at home.

Harsh. They were spirited. Especially early on. Wained, but to be expected after their endeavour.

Absolute utter nonsense, i think only Man City have pressed and closed down our play as quickly as Villa did yesterday in at least a season. We maybe could have scored more, they certainly could have had another 2 goals too.

Spirited? Any team looks spirited when gifted possession the way we were doing. Their goal was embarrassing for the defence to concede as it was practically uncontested.

They were well-organised by Lambert yes but the moment we started playing, it was very one-sided. Unfortunately we're obviously not at full fitness and have yet to start clicking so the build up play was sloppier than usual.

Gifted them a point, a decent team would've punished us more severely.

Villa were shite but had more urgency and were unlucky not to get the 3 points. Where does that leave us? :scratchchin:

Urgency is not what you call closing down play, hunting in numbers and forcing us in to changing the way we play. That's good organisation, urgency can be just running around like a headless chicken.

Look, the only reason they were in the match is because we let them. Under pardew we usually take 30+ minutes to get going, teams are being invited into the match and they didnt ask twice.

With our starting midfield and attack we should have just rinced them from the get go - they are relegation candidates and good teams will show them up.

Look, the only reason they were in the match is because we let them. Under pardew we usually take 30+ minutes to get going, teams are being invited into the match and they didnt ask twice.

With our starting midfield and attack we should have just rinced them from the get go - they are relegation candidates and good teams will show them up.

Even relegation candidates don't just lie down in every game. They were bound to want to make a statement after 2 defeats, no points and sitting bottom.

Any team looks spirited when gifted possession the way we were doing.

Why do you think we gave away possession? The players were lazily passing to men in Villa shirts whilst absent-mindedly checking their nails?

If we had lost our first 2 games, we'd bring a lot of effort and intensity to our 3rd game.

We're not quite the same without Tiote's harrying and muscular presence in midfield. One of the strikers needs to be dropped. I don't even think Ba as the withdrawn forward is ideal as he has little pace and isn't so creative (he's a born insitinctive finisher). I'd like to see Marveux get some starts and Obertan more match time (think he's imporved a bit in all honesty).

Edited by Park Life

We're not quite the same without Tiote's harrying and muscular presence in midfield. One of the strikers needs to be dropped. I don't even think Ba as the withdrawn forward is ideal as he has little pace and isn't so creative (he's a born insitinctive finisher). I'd like to see Marveux get some starts and Obertan more match time (think he's imporved a bit in all honesty).

We miss Tiote a hell of a lot

I think Villa were quality in the first half and looked more like the home team than we did.

Football is a science. That might seem like a ridiculous ambiguous statement but there's much much more than, skill, fitness, tactics and ability at play. I believe there are unquantifiable things in football which are just as important. Momentum being one. Team spirit. Vibe. How happy the fans are. I honestly believe these are massively important factors. There was a downbeat feel to yesterday before it even kicked off, and I think that lies squarely at the feet of Mike Ashley. If any of you follow me on twitter, I apologise for my foul mouthed ranting about Ashley last night, but it's how I feel. 10 million quid, so we get a sense of moving forward when evidently we are short in many positions. I'm not saying it will stay like this, but I think it was a contributing factor to a game where if we played it again we'd probably win.

Villa passed the ball really well, and reading their forums in the days leading up to the game its clear passing isn't their strength. They showed a lot more energy than we did, and were the better team till we equalised. Ben Arfa looked the only player who was going to break the door, I thought he was magnificent nearly every time he got the ball, he's the nearest thing in the BPL to Messi, and if he keeps going like he is, Fatty will be £30m better off in 4 or 12 months time. Disappointing draw, but fair play to Villa, thought Guzan was tremendous, he reminds me of Friedel not just cos he's yank.

Quick word about he Villa fans. Ugliest fans I've ever seen, and "Geordie Shore is fuckin shit" isn't funny, we know it's shit you obese brummie meffs.

[/size]

Woahhhhhhh there Parky let's not get crazy now, stay frosty ;)

Obertan is the new Shola, when its been a while we forget about how shite he really is until he again reminds us.

The only reason obertan has been decent recently is because we played a holiday team whos only talent is making decent Feta.

Gabriel Obertan Date of Birth: 26 Feb 1989 (Age 23) Place of Birth: Pantin Nationality: France Height: 186 cm. Weight: 80 Kg. Position: Striker Squad Number: 25 National Team Page: France U-21

I'd use him as a striker when Ba and Cisse is away/injured/out of form. Useless winger yes, but could be a decent fast striker running after through balls from Cabaye and HBA, and I know he has a knack for goals when his brain isn't clouded with self-destructive thoughts. He's also tall and strong, and with a head you can't miss when you aim for it.

Edited by Aeris

Why did Pards make 2 subs within 90 seconds of each other? Is he stupid, time was at a premium as well.

I didnt get that. Its the sort of thing you do when you want to run the clock down.

I remember SBR when he wanted to change the game used to bring 3 subs on at once.