NUFC Europa League Group Thread

Andrew

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should really be pissing this group, but given we struggled to properly see off some greek minnows I'm not going to be overconfident.

Full strength teams unless the tie is a little safer, then play a few kids.

its also got 2 Gs in it :razz:

why do you hate Brugge so much?

I don't really. Just quoting the best film set in Bruges.

You realize there are no bowling alleys in Bruges?

Edit: I think the club does, but the city doesn't :)

If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.

Tricky group (mind you after watching the two games so far anyone would be tricky) but should be entertaining. Good possibilities of an away trip too!

I think the club does, but the city doesn't :)

Bruges is the French name whereas Brugge is the Flemish. Since Brugge lies in Flanders, then Brugge rather than Bruges is more correct because it's what the locals call it. For some reason the British use the French name, a bit like how Ypres is almost always referred to as such in English (usually in relation to the First World War) even though that's in Flanders too (Ieper is its Flemish name). Zeebrugge though, Bruges'/Brugge's port (Zee just means sea), is always given its Flemish appellation when referred to in English. So there you go.

Edited by TheFlyingPedant

4 people in the car on the ferry to Amsterdam. £90 each. Tickets to the Brugge game and a night in a hostel in Amsterdam £50max.

Can I fuck find anyone willing to go! Either everyone Is already on holiday or they have no leave left or they can't leave the kids! Gutted

Newcastle United Europa League fixtures

(All kick-offs listed are Central European Time)

Thursday, 20th September, 2012 - CS Maritimo v Newcastle United (7pm kick-off CET)

Thursday, 4th October, 2012 - Newcastle United v FC Girondins de Bordeaux (9.05pm kick-off CET)

Thursday, 25th October, 2012 - Newcastle United v Club Brugge (9.05pm kick-off CET)

Thursday, 8th November, 2012 - Club Brugge v Newcastle United (7pm kick-off CET)

Thursday, 22nd November, 2012 - Newcastle United v CS Maritimo (9.05pm kick-off CET)

Thursday, 6th December, 2012 - FC Girondins de Bordeaux v Newcastle United (7pm kick-off CET)