NUFC Europa League Group Thread

Andrew

Anyone considering going to the Maritimo game?

My uncle wants to go but how does he get tickets if he is not a ST holder or club member?

I have booked but don't have a ST so hoping a few contacts can help out... if not hopefully someone with a ST(and decent amount of loyalty points) thats not going can help me out!?!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone considering going to the Maritimo game?

My uncle wants to go but how does he get tickets if he is not a ST holder or club member?

If you're spending money to go all the way to Portugal just join the membership scheme. If the flight was 25 quid more expensive, would he decide not to bother?

If you're spending money to go all the way to Portugal just join the membership scheme. If the flight was 25 quid more expensive, would he decide not to bother?

I am a member, but doubt it will get to members going by the stadium capacity!

You think it will?

Just been looking at our fixtures and this Europa League is going to put one hell of a strain on the squad.

I am usually one of the first to moan about footballers playing a few games and moaning about being tired, but this schedule will be sapping, with the travelling etc:

17th Sep - Everton - BPL

20th Sep - Maritmo - Europa

23rd Sep - Norwich - BPL

26th Sep - Man Yoo - League Cup

29th Sep - Reading - BPL

4th Oct - Bordeaux - Europa

7th Oct - Man Yoo - BPL

Just been looking at our fixtures and this Europa League is going to put one hell of a strain on the squad.

I am usually one of the first to moan about footballers playing a few games and moaning about being tired, but this schedule will be sapping, with the travelling etc:

17th Sep - Everton - BPL

20th Sep - Maritmo - Europa

23rd Sep - Norwich - BPL

26th Sep - Man Yoo - League Cup

29th Sep - Reading - BPL

4th Oct - Bordeaux - Europa

7th Oct - Man Yoo - BPL

Stop complaining Wikki....every time I mention this Baggio says its fine....hes said it so often now, I actually beleive it will be :D

Stop complaining Wikki....every time I mention this Baggio says its fine....hes said it so often now, I actually beleive it will be :D

:lol:

I thought it was going to be fine and I think it will be, but its a big ask. I am sure in the League Cup & Europa Pards will play a mixture of first teamers and fringe players.

I am a member, but doubt it will get to members going by the stadium capacity!

You think it will?

Anyone who wants a ticket for Maritimo will get a ticket, can't see many people travelling over at the price of it.

I'm booked up, hopefully be a good trip!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120919/brugge-ticket-information_2281670_2923462

Newcastle United have been allocated 1470 tickets for their supporters for the forthcoming Europa League fixture in Brugge.

The club had requested a far larger allocation, based on the numbers of fans who wanted to travel to Belgium, however their pleas to the club have failed to secure more tickets.

Under UEFA rules, the home club is only obliged to allocate 5 per cent of its stadium capacity to the away team and in this case, that amounts to 1470.

Over recent days Newcastle United have been in constant contact with their Brugge counterparts to try and resolve the matter but to no avail. United have even been through UEFA channels to try and help but regrettably the home club and UEFA yesterday confirmed that the decision to stick to the minimum allocation would be unchanged.

Newcastle United are acutely aware that demand for tickets will far and away outstrip the number allocated and are also aware that many supporters may have already booked travel in anticipation of obtaining a ticket.

The club therefore strongly advises supporters not to make any travel plans for Brugge until they are guaranteed a ticket for the match.

Ticket criteria for United fans will be based on the Club's away loyalty points system, details of which will be advised by the club in the near future.

The decision by Brugge is understood to have been influenced by problems they experienced last season and in conjunction with local police authorities, they have acted as they see fit.

A Newcastle United spokesman said: "We have explored every possible avenue to obtain more tickets for our fans but we have to abide by the decision of the home club and UEFA, and unfortunately it is a matter now out of our hands.

"It is extremely regrettable that we could not secure a larger allocation as we are acutely aware of the large numbers of fans who would have wished to attend the game."

This happened for the Birmingham fans last year.

Blues are delighted to confirm that Club Brugge KV have agreed to an increase to our allocation for the away UEFA Europa League tie on Thursday 20 October.

Officials from the Belgian side have now granted us an allocation of 5,000 tickets.

Blues were originally given 1,500 tickets, 5% of the capacity of the Jan Breydel Stadium, as per UEFA regulations.

However Blues officials have worked hard in the weeks that have followed to successfully negotiate an increase to that allocation.

Following a further inspection in Belgium this week, Club Brugge KV agreed to give Blues supporters the whole of their South Stand end.

Ticket selling arrangements for this fixture will be communicated via bcfc.com in due course.

Anyone booked up for Bordeaux or Bruges, any decent prices? Wouldn't mind going to either, even without tickets for the match it'd be decent.

Am doing all 3. Maritimo was good fun, had already booked the 2 others once the draw came out.

I'm only a member so no chance of tickets for Brugge, hopefully Bordeaux will be easier.

I'm London based so am on the overnight megabus(10 quid return Wed night-Sat night). Then just have to book trains from Brussels to Brugge & Paris to Bordeaux.

Have booked St Christophers Inn accom in Brugge(10 quid per night).

Haven't looked at Bordeaux accom, anyone found anything cheap?

Edited by Murray