Best way to Bruge?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish: "Hey Meenzer! I've had a couple of drinks and I think we should just fuck it and go to Bruges! What do you reckon? I think it'll be a great day!"

Meenzer: "Err, I'm washing my hair that day, Dave."

Fish: "I'll pipe down now."

Meenzer: "That'll be for the best, Dave."

Fish: "Maybe next time, eh?"

Meenzer: "........................................................................................................................."

Fish: "You still there, mate?"

;)

:lol: Only just saw this. Unerringly accurate.

Depends how much free time you will have. If you are going to have a few hours then get in the centre.

Aye, we'll be getting it around 18:30. Figure we dash to the hotel, check in, throw a pint down our throats on the way to the ground. They're an hour ahead and .com says kick off is 20:05, doesn't say if that's local time or not though.

Aye, we'll be getting it around 18:30. Figure we dash to the hotel, check in, throw a pint down our throats on the way to the ground. They're an hour ahead and .com says kick off is 20:05, doesn't say if that's local time or not though.

Well if your away early the next day then I would just get the cheapest and most convenient.

Shame not to have more time there if you havent been before though.

Well if your away early the next day then I would just get the cheapest and most convenient.

Shame not to have more time there if you havent been before though.

Combination of work commitments and price, :dunno:

plus, Bruges is the kind of place I'd want to have a wander round and enjoy the sites with a bird, not another useless Geordie bloke :lol:

Bad news folks :(

Only 1470 allocation.

Newcastle United have been allocated 1470 tickets for their supporters for the forthcoming Europa League fixture in Brugge.

The club had requested a far larger allocation, based on the numbers of fans who wanted to travel to Belgium, however their pleas to the club have failed to secure more tickets.

Under UEFA rules, the home club is only obliged to allocate 5 per cent of its stadium capacity to the away team and in this case, that amounts to 1470.

Over recent days Newcastle United have been in constant contact with their Brugge counterparts to try and resolve the matter but to no avail. United have even been through UEFA channels to try and help but regrettably the home club and UEFA yesterday confirmed that the decision to stick to the minimum allocation would be unchanged.

Newcastle United are acutely aware that demand for tickets will far and away outstrip the number allocated and are also aware that many supporters may have already booked travel in anticipation of obtaining a ticket.

The club therefore strongly advises supporters not to make any travel plans for Brugge until they are guaranteed a ticket for the match.

Ticket criteria for United fans will be based on the Club's away loyalty points system, details of which will be advised by the club in the near future.

The decision by Brugge is understood to have been influenced by problems they experienced last season and in conjunction with local police authorities, they have acted as they see fit.

A Newcastle United spokesman said: "We have explored every possible avenue to obtain more tickets for our fans but we have to abide by the decision of the home club and UEFA, and unfortunately it is a matter now out of our hands.

"It is extremely regrettable that we could not secure a larger allocation as we are acutely aware of the large numbers of fans who would have wished to attend the game."

Edited by Christmas Tree

This happened for the Birmingham fans last year.

Blues are delighted to confirm that Club Brugge KV have agreed to an increase to our allocation for the away UEFA Europa League tie on Thursday 20 October.

Officials from the Belgian side have now granted us an allocation of 5,000 tickets.

Blues were originally given 1,500 tickets, 5% of the capacity of the Jan Breydel Stadium, as per UEFA regulations.

However Blues officials have worked hard in the weeks that have followed to successfully negotiate an increase to that allocation.

Following a further inspection in Belgium this week, Club Brugge KV agreed to give Blues supporters the whole of their South Stand end.

Ticket selling arrangements for this fixture will be communicated via bcfc.com in due course.

Graham Carr said in an interview two years ago, he's worked for Newcastle, Man City and Tottenham, and his belief is that Newcastle are by far the biggest club he's worked for and we're seen as such abroad. Doubt it now Man City are champions like, but...places like Belgium and France will see Newcastle as a big game, a game their fans will sell out no problem as opposed to low profile clubs like your Birmingham City's, Everton's, Stoke's or Fulham's. That will be the reason Bruges are refusing to give us more, high demand from their supporters.

Tbf if Brugge can sell out their ground then it wouldn't make much sense for them to give us more tickets than they have to. If Barcelona came to St James I cant see us being overly keen on letting them have the Leazes end

Exactly.

TBF if Barcelona knew that NUFC had gave the last club to visit them 5-6000 and their fans had already booked up in droves then you may have a point. Otherwise pretty irrelevant here.

Asking for trouble and bad feeling if you ask me, totally avoidable.

The club's involved and the Police forces and all relevant authorities liaise before decisions are made regarding ticket allocation, surely they must be well aware of the numbers of supporters already booked up for this game. Giving these people the whole end of the ground, keeping them together knowing they're coming to your Town regardless would surely be the better option? If I don't get a ticket then I'm in Bruges from wed night. I'll be in their end and I won't be alone. Crackers decision by them.

People have already booked and will go regardless.

We're not some numbnuts from Birmingham who got all over excited about our first trip to Europe but a support who has took thousands to European trips in a usually convivial, carnival atmosphere. If I were Bruges armed with the intelligence they have I'd much rather have a load of happy boisterous Geordies spending their hard earned in my town than having them watching a game en masse in a public square when they could be all at the game?