Maritimo v Newcastle United --- 20/09/2012

Christmas Tree

I'd go with:

Harper

Tavernier Perch Williamson Santon

Gosling Bigi Vuckic

Obertan Marveaux

Shola

Should be a strong enough team to at least get a result with alot of those players on the verge of the first team and looking to impress. I'd take Taylor out as we know what his injury record is like and the number of games coming up it would be best not to risk him. Probably be a scrappy game as they usually are early in Europe, so if there is a winner it will only be by the one goal.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing I suppose but it's always in the back of my mind about Pardew and his man management ability.

its was 6 years ago, while managing a different club

time to get over it I think

Let's walk before we run.

We have managed to crawl before we walked, so this is the next step.

We are not awash with a full squad of top quality seasoned superstars like the bigger teams, so Pardew has to rotate what he has, whilst keeping the main players fit/uninjured and ready for another premier league assault at the right end.

We are in the group stages of Europa and this gives an excellent chance for the young boys to big up and become men and prove their pedigree, hopefully with a consistent run in Europa and the two domestic cups.

This could actually work brilliantly for us and actually give us a better than average fighting chance on all fronts this season with at least an opportunity of staking a claim on one cup or another, or being only a kick in the arse outside of one, plus retaining the momentum of a push for a champions league spot.

It might be a long shot but it's not beyond the realms of possibility of us having a really positive season.

Don't write off these youngsters, because I've seen enough of them to know that we are in good hands as long as they stay consistent and hungry, which games of this magnitude will certainly help to make them that.

As its not that lucrative playing in this competition compared to the CL and it can do more harm than good domestically, can you finish in a european spot and decline to participate? I'm not saying Ashley would want to as he probably rakes some profit in, but could he?

Somehow me and I my mate agreed to take the women folk out tonight forgetting the match was on. :(

Anyway, I've managed to wangle an early start in Boldon so I can watch the first half before a quick taxi up to Newcastle for the night out.

Are there any women friendly pubs around the station, Forth, quayside, grey street area that we could chance into and discover the match on?

Somehow me and I my mate agreed to take the women folk out tonight forgetting the match was on. :(

Anyway, I've managed to wangle an early start in Boldon so I can watch the first half before a quick taxi up to Newcastle for the night out.

Are there any women friendly pubs around the station, Forth, quayside, grey street area that we could chance into and discover the match on?

I've always enjoyed the ambience of the saloon bar of The Black Garter of an evening...am sure your spouses will appreciate it too CT... ;)

Gay bars? :lol:

Not that I'm aware of, but what would be wrong with that if it were the case?... the brown love seems to amuse you CT...go into the Black Garter..if its busy and you need to get by one of the old boys in the back room ask them if you can push their stool in...see if they think thats funny...

It'll be on in Raffertys which is vaguely women friendly, gets full of gays after 8pm though. Cheap pint too. Gotham might have it on as well.

You seem to know a lot about this subject.

Aye but I wear more than just a vest.

CT the ideal place would be to stay on the metro and get off at Haymarket, every bar on Percy Street will have it on, no radgies, women friendly and no Germaine Greer's knocking about to put you off your pint.

Not that I'm aware of, but what would be wrong with that if it were the case?... the brown love seems to amuse you CT...go into the Black Garter..if its busy and you need to get by one of the old boys in the back room ask them if you can push their stool in...see if they think thats funny...

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them, I was simply referring to your wink smiley.

As it happens I met a gay last week.

It'll be on in Raffertys which is vaguely women friendly, gets full of gays after 8pm though. Cheap pint too. Gotham might have it on as well.

One of the women hates football and dodgy men pubs so ideally need a wine bar or very nice pub with it on (she wouldn't be happy sitting in the Strawberry). :lol: