Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

Don't think Marveux is upto PL pace yet. Get Ba on. :D

I agree.

He has been well off the pace. That said, this is twice he has played on the right against Everton. I dont know why, its not like he offers anything defensively. In fact played a part in their goal and has looked wasteful everytime he has got the ball.

Thing is, with the players we have on the pitch, a slight shift could see us play better. Marveaux on his natural left hand side, Jonas on his natural right hand side and Ben Arfa supporting Cisse.

Cabaye needs to get into the game more, another poor performance from him so far.

Cisse and Anita should have scored mind.

I hope Pardew makes the above mentioned tweaks at HT and give it 15 mins, if still no joy then get Ba on for Marveaux.

We are only one goal down so its not beyond us but it should have been. One goal changes everything.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Arfa clearly frustrated to be dropping back that far... But feck me that was cheap and almost costly giving it away there.

Sums up the game perfectly, he's so pissed off with our performance and the continued aimless punts up to Cisse he's come to the edge of our box for the ball, its woeful and whilst he shouldn't do it again, i don't blame him. What Cisse is supposed to do up on his own with long balls like this i don't know, even if he did win it he has no help. The whole point of playing the players we have out there is to pass it around, but we aren't doing it at all.

Really?

Yep, no mention of the amount, just that Anichebe was out for 11 months. It was a horrid challenge that would have clean snapped just about any other players leg.

Sums up the game perfectly, he's so pissed off with our performance and the continued aimless punts up to Cisse he's come to the edge of our box for the ball, its woeful and whilst he shouldn't do it again, i don't blame him. What Cisse is supposed to do up on his own with long balls like this i don't know, even if he did win it he has no help. The whole point of playing the players we have out there is to pass it around, but we aren't doing it at all.

To make matters worse Ba is much better than Cisse at holding the ball up, so if we are going to play like that we'd be much better served with him up front.

Williamson gets paid thousands of pounds a week. I cant understand how hes even a professional footballer . Constant hoof

Shakier than Michael J Fox with the ball he is. Hoof is unfortunately the safest option for him most of the time.

One criticism is that Eve tend to have most of the action down the left - would have played Anita and Santon as the fullbacks and Perch in the middle where he's had a couple of good performances.

Should be an option Pardew looks at.

I'd even be tempted to put Bigi on and say "Show me what you can do". ;)

Tbh this match (and the season so far) has epitomised what happens when you don't strengthen or build on success achieved by your team, of course the people running our club wouldn't have a clue about that - whether that's because they're not 'football' people or just generally tight-arsed, stingy bastards who take more than they put in to the club is up to you. Same old shit for me though, empty promises, papering over cracks whenever possible and taking the piss.

... I'll sit back and wait for the 'knee-jerk-tastic' accusations now.

If you took Fellaini and Distin out of their side it would be a lot more even. Gary Neville made some good points there, highlighting Williamson shiteness basically.

When the Colo injury was mentioned this is what I was unfortunately expecting. We really rely on his ability to play the ball out from the back. Him out and Williamson in is like replacing a Ferrari with a 1980s Hyundai.

Demba!!!! Sneaky finish.

Game on.