Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

Well, the match is on Monday and no one's made a thread yet, so here goes! My first ever one. Such fun.

Raylor, Simpson, and Krul are all out, an Colo and Tiote are doubtful. Not looking good for us, and I'm not looking forward to seeing Fellaini and Jelavic running against a centreback pairing of Perch and Taylor

Anyway, here's how I'd like us to line up.

------------Cisse------

Ba---------------------Ben Arfa

-----------Cabaye

--------Jonas---Bigi

Anita--Taylor--Perch--Santon

-----------Harper

Although I think we'll probably see the 4-4-2, seeing as we're away and will be looking to shut up shop with key players missing. Hoping for a win, but I'd be very happy with a draw given ours and Evertons form and the injuries.

1-1 draw, Taylor to score.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it we get the monday night kick off when we have europa league. Whoever set that up is a twat.

Horrible.

Fully expecting us to lose this one. We've started poorly, and playing against a good Everton squad at Goodison won't be easy.

Our injuries are already taking a toll.

Expecting it to be a feisty affair on Monday like, what after the defeat last season, the comments from AP and Jagielka, they will be looking to get close to us this season and the fact we havent got going yet.

We have been disrupted by injuries to Krul, Colo and Tiote who will be missed but I have confidence in Anita and Bigi to step up and do a good job. Harper in goal is a worry and I hope Williamson can have a solid game alongside Taylor.

Big big game for Cisse, Ba and Cabaye, all need to start showing more and influencing games.

All in all I'm feeling confident though. 1-1 draw or a sneaky win by the odd goal.

Fancy Cabaye to be our MOTM.

Edited by StellarStripes

Will be interesting to see what the state of player is after said schedule.

Yup, add Bordeaux on the Thursday and Man U on the Sunday and that's 8 games in 20 days. For the first time we'll probably be grateful for the international break because we've got Sunderland our first game back from that.

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Krul

Simpson Colo R.Taylor

Tiote

All going to miss the Everton game, is there anybody else I've missed?

Pardew, I forgot that Pardew's got his ban as well.

we're going to get thumped.

Edited by The Fish

Everton regard us as a big game, they get one of their best there attendances against us every year, and under floodlights with the home crowd up for it, it won't be easy.

Everton are a very English side in how they approach games, it will be high octane ball in the box stuff, and given the undoubted downer surrounding the club (imo) we'll do very well to win here. I'd have been confident of three points last season, because we've got better players than them, but they are not bad and are capable of beating anyone on their day. We need to attack them from the off with confidence if we do that we've got a chance, but this cautious approach we tend to use won't work there, I'd like to see us show we're there for the win from the start. 1-1.

1. FOOTBALL

2. Tim Krul is out of Newcastle's Premier League trip to Everton on Monday night after suffering an elbow injury on international duty.

3. The Netherlands keeper could miss three games. Defender Fabricio Coloccini is also a doubt after returning from the Argentina camp with a hamstring strain.

We are way off the groove we sometimes got into last year. Key players missing. Only another miracle from Hatem might prevent what I see as a very difficult game for us. On top of all that they are generally playing well and have recovered the spark they had a couple of years ago. Will be too much on the day probably. But with football you never know. Would take a scrappy 0-0 as things stand.

Tough game at the best of times but our back 4 + GK could be all over the place let alone still not having Tiote. 2-2 at best but can see us getting nowt.

From an Everton point of view I always hate it when we play you, don't know why as we have an ok record against you but I always fear the worst from the fixture.

Anyway looking at the match I see you have a few key injuries and so you'd expect at home and under the floodlights we should win the match... afterall we beat Man U at home under the lights so you'd think we'd be too strong for you under the same circumstances.

A lot depends on whether Gibson is fit though, and despite every Evertonian being outraged when we signed the bag of shite he's actually a class act and has nitted our midfield together in an almost Scholes like way... He's actually ended up being one of our most important players, and if he's fit I honestly think we'll run out comfortable winners 3-1

If he's not fit though it mean Neville in midfield and we'll huff and puff, create nothing, play shite football and probably be grateful for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Edit - Gibson is definately out so looks like we'll huff and puff to a draw

Looking forward to having a game again (seems like ages with all the international shite) but I don't fancy us at all.

Colo and Tiote will be massive misses and after watching Harper in the friendlies I'm not at all convinced he has much left.

Add to that our ongoing problems with Pardew insisting on playing 4-4-2 and I really don't fancy us at all against a team that (West Brom game aside) has looked very strong so far.

I'd be very happy to come away with a draw.

Any more questions people want asked of them?

"Why do Everton fans regard themselves as such a big club, given Fulham generate more money than them, West Ham average more, and there's no national interest in them at all?"

Jagielka today "Newcastle massively overachieved last season", :lol: Everton have been the biggest overachievers in football history under Moyes given their non-existent resources, talk about rabbit out of a hat.

From an Everton point of view I always hate it when we play you, don't know why as we have an ok record against you but I always fear the worst from the fixture.

Anyway looking at the match I see you have a few key injuries and so you'd expect at home and under the floodlights we should win the match... afterall we beat Man U at home under the lights so you'd think we'd be too strong for you under the same circumstances.

A lot depends on whether Gibson is fit though, and despite every Evertonian being outraged when we signed the bag of shite he's actually a class act and has nitted our midfield together in an almost Scholes like way... He's actually ended up being one of our most important players, and if he's fit I honestly think we'll run out comfortable winners 3-1

If he's not fit though it mean Neville in midfield and we'll huff and puff, create nothing, play shite football and probably be grateful for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Edit - Gibson is definately out so looks like we'll huff and puff to a draw

Fair comment you do - since Newcastle W17 Draw 9 Everton 13. I'd say that's a decent record for a club like Everton against us in the Premiership era.

I'm afraid there's no chance. It's gonna be a long hard season.

2-1

Just back from the Toon, was at the Spurs & Villa games and from what I saw it is going to be a long hard season. However, being a Newcastle supporter has always meant a lot of pain & suffering.