Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for tonight! Will be interesting to see how we line up and who gets the nod.

Expecting big performances from Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse. If they can hit their stride, keep it tight at the back and retain the ball whilst using it well we could and should get a good result.

Edited by StellarStripes

Hope we get to see some more of Amalfatino soon. Really like the look of him from the few bits I've seen of him. Fast, pacey, direct and seems to have a bit of skill too. Mental now we've got all of these wide forwards/wingers yet Pardew seems to want to be so rigid with the formation.

Hope we get to see some more of Amalfatino soon. Really like the look of him from the few bits I've seen of him. Fast, pacey, direct and seems to have a bit of skill too. Mental now we've got all of these wide forwards/wingers yet Pardew seems to want to be so rigid with the formation.

Aye, I just think Pardew is just trying to get the 442 to work and hoping Ba and Cisse will forge a lethal partnership but time and faith in that system is quickly running out.

We seem to be stocked pretty well for the other, our best system, the fluid 433/451/4231.

Wish I knew how we were going to line up. Have a feeling he'll be very nervous given the drubbing at the end of last season.

Possibly Perch and Williamson both drafted in.

Aye and Anita in the middle with Cabaye.

Hope he isn't nervous though and is aggressive instead wanting to avenge last seasons result whilst getting one over a side who will be round about us in May.

Tonight needs some guts and I hope Pardew and the players have some fire in their stomach.

Time to kick start our season with an important away win and a good team performance.

Cheers, gone now unfortunately. <_<

Has it gone now? Even 5s is a bit mental. I know they beat Man Utd, but Man Utd normally start slowly, they beat Villa 3-1, new team of younguns. We've got a chance without a doubt. They've got decent players, would you rather have Pienaar than Ben Arfa or Jelavic than Cisse etc etc I wouldn't. Hope the bookies look like mugs tonight. 433 though please "Pards".

Harper; Perch, S.Taylor, Williamson, Santon; Anita, Gutierrez©; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux; Cisse.

Ba dropped, 1 striker with Ben Arfa in behind probably.

Subs: Elliot, Tavernier, Bigirimana, Gosling, Obertan, Shola Ameobi, Ba

Id assume Ba is gonna play a role today, but Pardew has done right to rest a striker if you ask me, with so many matches coming up.