Blocking specific PMs

Renton

I'm probably being thick, but is there any way I can block PMs from a specific poster, preferably so the said poster would know they were being blocked?

I would imagine the PM function is primarily there for people who know each other to meet up, or for willing parties to bicker in private. For me, the point of a public message board is very much for your messages to be transparent and available to everyone, including lurkers, whilst still retaining anonymity. Some people obviously disagree though.

So anyway, any tips how I can avoid getting that pink screen when logging on or getting those e-mails sent to my work telling me I've another PM would be appreciated!

Oi Gemmill, stop it. :lol:

75238[/snapback]

I was thinking of someone else tbh, but you might be right

75240[/snapback]

I know you know who I refer too. Despite claims to the contrary, both Gemmill and myself know what banter is and don't PM each other. ;)

Edited by Renton

I have a mod which allows you to choose to block ALL incoming PMs (with an over-ride so that PMs from moderators and admins are still received). Will this do the trick Renton? It would mean that you wouldn't receive PMs from anyone except the mods and admins though...

I have asked the question if there's plans to expand the mod so that individual members can be blocked.

I have a mod which allows you to choose to block ALL incoming PMs (with an over-ride so that PMs from moderators and admins are still received). Will this do the trick Renton? It would mean that you wouldn't receive PMs from anyone except the mods and admins though...

I have asked the question if there's plans to expand the mod so that individual members can be blocked.

75543[/snapback]

No cheers mate, I can just delete them as soon as I see them. One for the future maybe though.

Who is Renton getting PMs off like? :lol:  Renton, just tell us you bender! :lol:

75975[/snapback]

I sent a PM to Renton the other day.. :lol: This followed a short exchange a couple of months ago. And I mean short. A question from me, a reply from him and a reply to that from me. Hardly a big deal. The one I sent him the other day was a simple reference back to something he mentioned in his PM to me.

Renton. I've nowt against you man, but this thread in response to a couple of PM's shows that you are in fact more than a bt bit soft in the head. You don't need to fanny around like a lass putting on a filter, I've no intention of sending you further PM's and you weren't flooded with them anyway. I've said what I wanted to say and I knew you wouldn't reply, we both know there is no way you could reply in a way that makes sense.

Edited by Howaythelads

How do you know it was you he was talking about like? :lol:

:lol:

76021[/snapback]

Shit, I hadn't thought of that, I thought I was the most unpopular person on the forum!

Maybe you're right, perhaps he's being stalked by someone? Maybe someone sent him 2 PM's yesterday and it's really pissed him off? That pink screen, what a pain in the arse, eh? :lol:

No, it must be me. I don't believe in coincidences.

I couldn't give a shit what goes on in PMs tbh - I'd just wish it'd stay there rather than overflow onto the forum.

In general if someone is PMing you and you don't want them to, ask them to stop. If they refuse, then report it to an admin/moderator and we'll look further into it.

Who's afraid of the big bad HTL?

Renton.

76079[/snapback]

If only.......

I won't explain what was in the PM, as Craig says, they shouldn't overflow into the forum, but that's not my fault. Believe me, there were no threats of any kind in any PM I sent to Renton.

I've had PM's from you that are more threatening than anything I sent to Renton.

BTW I've also seen many posts from others that include threats. Never see you banging on about those other posters. Do you fancy me, or something?

Edited by Howaythelads

OK, I'll clear up a few things here.

Firstly, yes I was referring to HTL. HTL, at no point did I say or believe that your PMs were abusive, threatening or that you were stalking me - come on man I'm not daft. But they were unwanted, and I thought I'd made that plain.

What pissed me off though was that the last two came out of the blue some 6 weeks after I thought we'd agreed to forget about this arguement, for no reason whatsoever. That strikes me as pretty weird tbh.

Now if you don't have a problem with me, let's have a cyberhandshake about it and start with a clean slate would my suggestion. But honestly, I just think grievances are better settled in the open. It's strange enough "talking" to people I don't know let alone doing it in private, so if you want to discuss issues, I'm more than happy to start a thread about it. But I'm sure you'll agree that in this case that would be a bit sad, so let's forget about it? :lol:

Lastly, I was just asking if there was any way that already exists where I could block PMs; if this functionality doesn't exist then fair enough, I wouldn't want anyone to waste anyone's time actually making a mod for it. Again, nothing to do with HTL, but on a previous forum I had some PMs which made me feel very uneasy, from someone who didn't post in public at all. Iirc there I solved the problem by blocking their specific PMs, which was the best solution at the time.

Can we all be friends now then? :lol:

Can we all be friends now then? :lol:

76162[/snapback]

I'm not sure...I'm waiting for my name to be added to this thread for the last 2 PMs I send you! :lol:

Who's afraid of the big bad HTL?

Renton.

76079[/snapback]

If only.......

I won't explain what was in the PM, as Craig says, they shouldn't overflow into the forum, but that's not my fault. Believe me, there were no threats of any kind in any PM I sent to Renton.

I've had PM's from you that are more threatening than anything I sent to Renton.

BTW I've also seen many posts from others that include threats. Never see you banging on about those other posters. Do you fancy me, or something?

76107[/snapback]

Like you wouldn't quite believe.