Reading Away Pre/Post-Match Pub Gathering

Peter_Reid_Monkeys_Heed

Im headed to Reading for the away game next weekend and was looking to see if anyone had any idea where all the toon fans will be meeting up Pre/Post Match.

I remember going to Watford away and everyone was in one pub, was a good laugh and looking for the same this time round.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as i'll be headed down by myself and wanna join some of the action.

Cheers & Howay the lads!

I was going to go to this till I found out on the day tickets went on sale to members that my mate isn't actually a member. Since for some stupid reason you can't buy even just 2 tickets if you're a member (only allowed one) I never ended up getting myself a ticket either as the remaining tickets weren't on sale for very long and I was at work trying to sort him one out. Don't know why I didn't just get myself one. Oh well. Going to attend a couple of London away fixtures with him instead.

Still annoyed tbh, went there in the Championship season and had a good time. I might be very wrong as we weren't there for long at all but I remember having a quick drink with a few of our lot in a pub up the road from the station. Reading is a pretty big town though so there's probably somewhere a lot better for away fans.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I always struggle to see Reading as a PL club especially after going to Elm Park back in the day. We played them in both cups one year when they were in the 3rd division and I'm sure tv clips of our support in the 3-3 FA cup game were shown in the CH4 series 'The Manageress'. Useless information part MVIIIXI :D

Elm Park was a footballing paradise compared with the identikit legoland monstrosity they've got now, stuck out near the M4 on a trading estate its the most souless football gound I've had the mis-pleasure of visiting. Theres loads of pubs in the centre of town, but make sure you dont leave it till after 2-45pm to get the free bus to the ground, which with football-traffic congestion ensured we arrived about 3-20pm for the game the last time we were there :lol:

I then discovered that for some reason I had picked up the receipt for my ticket and not the ticket itself....which RFC were very understanding about; they dug up a security bod to usher me into the bar of the hotel complex built into the ground itself where I was told to sit down and wait to see what could be done....so I was stright up the ramp to the bar and settled down to watch Jeff Stelling and his band of performing chimps keep me in touch with what was going on the other side of the wall (this was around the time Roeder was manager, so I felt a bit bad about not being able to cheer the lads on, but, all things considered, it was turning out ok!)...until about 10 mins into the second half when security turned up again and told me they'd found me a seat. So instead of Rodney Marsh entertaining me with his witty anecdotes and sparkling insight, I had to make do with Matty Pattinson trying to kick the ball in a straight line without tripping over his feet. Damn. :(

Im headed to Reading for the away game next weekend and was looking to see if anyone had any idea where all the toon fans will be meeting up Pre/Post Match.

I remember going to Watford away and everyone was in one pub, was a good laugh and looking for the same this time round.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as i'll be headed down by myself and wanna join some of the action.

Cheers & Howay the lads!

Usually a load of NUFC in the Three Guineas, which is attached to the station... To be honest, you'll be fine anywhere in the town centre though.

Elm Park was a footballing paradise compared with the identikit legoland monstrosity they've got now, stuck out near the M4 on a trading estate its the most souless football gound I've had the mis-pleasure of visiting.

To be fair I cannot think of any 'new' ground that betters its predecessor. Each ground that was knocked down had it's own character that these new builds just lack. Places like Filbert Street, Burnden Park and The Baseball Ground piss completely on their soulless substitutes.