Manchester United v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

Very impressed with Tavernier, Bigi was good yet again and Elliot is looking decent as well which is a big plus and having Cisse score and look confident and full of energy could be massive for our season as well.

On the down side Obertan playing against manu with a point to prove was a waste of space throughout, absolutely clueless and at one point Tavernier taking a throw had to shout at him to turn round and face him to give him an option, he just isnt interested. Gosling doesn't look good enough either and Vukic didn't really get into the game, though he didn't get many passes to him in decent positions to be fair, but he wasn't invovled enough either way.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Clearly, you did not read past the thread title

If I want to jump to conclusions based purely on thread titles, I will do, thank you very much.

Thought we'd get beat 2-1 tonight but it was a great effort by the lads. Man U had a strong side out except 3 of their back 4 but it was exactly that area of their side we didnt expose enough. Vuckic was poor and im sure in hindsight Pardew will have wished he had started Cisse with Shola. All in all a good performance, an unlucky defeat but im not too bothered. Means we have less games to play and can put our focus on the 3 that matter. PL, EL and the FA Cup.

Elliott...7 Looks to actually be a pretty decent keeper. Few good saves and his kicking is probably better than Krul and Harper put together.

Tavernier...7 Done enough to look like he can handle the big time. Impressed.

Williamson...6 I hate the way he turns his back and gets wrong footed. Always worry when he is in the side.

-----Ferguson...7 Great assist and wanted the ball, needs to show more of that when given a chance.

Coloccini...6 Didnt look his sharpest tonight but glad he is back and got 60mins under his belt.

Perch...7 Solid enough, tried to get forward and support attack whilst doing ok at the back.

Obertan...6 Actually done alright second half, looked dangerous down the line but his awareness and final ball is shockingly bad.

Marveaux...7 Didnt play as wide and tried to dictate our play through the middle. Was tidy just wish he had a shot on him.

Tiote...7 In spells looked at his best, great composure and first touch at times, still got that stupid side though, dallying on the ball and over exuberant in the tackle.

-----Bigirimana...7 Keep saying it but this boy looks the real deal! So composed and has a great pass on him.

Gosling...6 Grew into the game second half with a few nice passes, better work ethic but should have scored twice tonight.

Vuckic...5 Didnt get into the game at all even when we were passing it about. Nice bit of skill and unlucky with his shot but needs to show alot more.

-----Cisse...8 He is back!! Great movement for his goal, chased everything, looked hungry and almost a great great overhead kick!!

Shola...8 Lead the line well, linked play and covered good ground. Looks the fittest he has been in a long time. Will get goals this season.

Positives to take out of tonight's game Tav, Bigi, & elliot all looked quality! & Cisse back on the scoresheet looking more like the player we saw last season!!

Hate losing but in the long run getting Cisse's confidence back willbe well worthit.

Guest CabayeAye

Was working late so only caught the second half, but saw the following.

Tavernier = now our best RB. Should start at RB ahead of Perch. Loads of potential.

Gosling = still shit. Can't get the basics right. Not good enough for our squad.

Obertan = ditto.

Bigi = can be a big player for us this season.

Fergy = at last! More please!

Cisse = still class.

Shola = our only genuine target man.

Vuckic = still shows potential.

We played well given the team we put out, we didn't get murdered away by a Man U team that included Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck; Cisse scored his first goal and is confident enough to be trying for the spectaculars, nobody got injured, and we now have more time to rest/prepare/recover for the premier/europa league.

That's a win as far as I'm concerned.

In 10 years time, who's going to care who won the 2012 Capital One Cup? 10 years ago Blackburn won it, does that console them now? I bloody doubt it.

If we won it, we would. FFS, people still talk about beating manu 5-0, how pathetic is that?

Calling this anything but another sad loss is absurd. Especially when they had a back four that nobody recognized.

Guest CabayeAye

Playing weakened teams in the LeagueCup/Europa league, to make sure we can concentrate on qualifying for the europa league next year ;)

It's a self perpetuating nightmare, this football malarkey! Even if you win something, you only have to go and defend it the next season! Waste of time if you ask me.

Guest CabayeAye

You do realise that that game is consistely voted one of the best ever Premier League games?

Compared to the average League Cup tie, that was a world cup final. Compared to last year's final, it really was a World Cup Final. If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd be fucking embarrassed to be crowing about winning it last year, while at the same time finishing 8th, below even Everton, in the league. Can you even imagine that? You'd be happy with the Toon scraping through the Carling Cup final on penalties, then finishing below Sunderland? They'd never shut up about it, and quite rightly so, because the League Cup long ago stopped being a significant trophy.

Are you a m*ckem WUM on here to try and make Geordies look like cunts?

Gosling was decent iyam, the usual suspects will give him shit regardless though.

Tav and Elliot were very good, Marveaux, Obertan and Vuckic worked hard and had some good moments, Colo looked as steady as ever but Tiote didn't look very sharp.

Some good hold-up play by Shola and that goal was massive for Cisse. You could see the confidence flooding back to his play culminating in that class overhead attempt.

Pardew can fuck off.

Are we Man Utd?

Are we any other perma-winning trophy club?

No, we're the club who last won a trophy 4 years before I was was born, we're the the club who hasn't won a FA cup since 19fucking 55, a club that haven't won the title since the Nineteen fucking Twenties!!

Man City are out. Everton are out, we beat Man U, they're out. FFS, how much incentive do you fucking need??!!

All these people saying 'it's the league that counts' can fuck off right now. We've no guarantee where we'll finish, Man U were there for the taking but once again, as like the Stevenage and Brighton fiascos we act like Billy big bollocks and notch another year on the trophy-less clock.

Congrats, Pards. :good:

(In case I never mentioned, Vuckic as a centre forward? Really? Oberfuckwit supplying, (don't laugh) Vukcic? Really? Gosling bought on a free injured and never in a million years going to fulfill any early promise he had pre-injury? Another cup surrender by Pards.

It hurts when you care.

Pardew can fuck off.

Are we Man Utd?

Are we any other perma-winning trophy club?

No, we're the club who last won a trophy 4 years before I was was born, we're the the club who hasn't won a FA cup since 19fucking 55, a club that haven't won the title since the Nineteen fucking Twenties!!

Man City are out. Everton are out, we beat Man U, they're out. FFS, how much incentive do you fucking need??!!

All these people saying 'it's the league that counts' can fuck off right now. We've no guarantee where we'll finish, Man U were there for the taking but once again, as like the Stevenage and Brighton fiascos we act like Billy big bollocks and notch another year on the trophy-less clock.

Congrats, Pards. :good:

(In case I never mentioned, Vuckic as a centre forward? Really? Oberfuckwit supplying, (don't laugh) Vukcic? Really? Gosling bought on a free injured and never in a million years going to fulfill any early promise he had pre-injury? Another cup surrender by Pards.

It hurts when you care.

Hmm the League Cup is shit though. It's a cup based on largely reserves until the Semi Finals, in 2012 it has as much prestige as hi tec strada's. I'm not happy we lost, but I can't think of any defeat I've cared less about. Gosling can't go on being shit, he's at the stage now where he shows a spore of evidence that he's a footballer or we sell him to a Wolves/Norwich type.

Hmm the League Cup is shit though. It's a cup based on largely reserves until the Semi Finals, in 2012 it has as much prestige as hi tec strada's. I'm not happy we lost, but I can't think of any defeat I've cared less about. Gosling can't go on being shit, he's at the stage now where he shows a spore of evidence that he's a footballer or we sell him to a Wolves/Norwich type.

I tell you what, if I was to mention anything, on or off the pitch from our clubs past then you've either personally seen it or know about which with all due respect you can't say about all our TT members. Stevie, I respect your knowledge and care of the club but don't agree here. (and I had Hi-tec stradas!).

Gosling was bought on the Ashley agenda, i.e. he was a prospect who had a clause. The man and his monkey have said NUFC will buy and sell by our own means, whilst the cunt makes a living on the back of our club. (anyone ask him how the search for a sponsor for SJP is going lately?).

I tell you what, if I was to mention anything, on or off the pitch from our clubs past then you've either personally seen it or know about which with all due respect you can't say about all our TT members. Stevie, I respect your knowledge and care of the club but don't agree here. (and I had Hi-tec stradas!).

Gosling was bought on the Ashley agenda, i.e. he was a prospect who had a clause. The man and his monkey have said NUFC will buy and sell by our own means, whilst the cunt makes a living on the back of our club. (anyone ask him how the search for a sponsor for SJP is going lately?).

I'm no Ashley apologist and think he's a cunt but I'd hardly say he's made a living on the back of our club like.

Anyone who cares that much about the League Cup when we don't even have enough players for a Premier & Europa League campaign, needs to have a serious word with themselves. Liverpool, the 'defending champions' of this tin pot piece of crap, fielded their most inexperienced side in their history for their tie tonight. Man U played us with a team of kids and the returning seniors who needed a run out "to be ready for Saturday". Watch the highlights tonight and it's a game of who the fuck is that and I never knew he went there. Does that happen in a cup that matters? Does it fuck. Anyone who thinks the Carling Cup means anything in English football these days, is living in the past. Wake up and smell the coffee. Enter it by all means, put the best team out for the later stages, but don't fucking treat it from the get go like it's as important as the league or FA Cup or Europe. Jesus H Christ, even the teams who have enough players to do that, don't.

You can fuck off to quite honest.