Manchester United v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

Must admit Im lacking patience with Marveaux. Only thing stopping me hoying him on the heap is his past record elsewhere and the fact that Ben Arfa to quite a while to come good last year. That said I would rather see Ferguson and Sameobi come off the bench than him at the minute so not sure how we get him right.

:lol: You've changed your tune like.

Marveaux's record elsewhere isn't anything spectacular either. I'm far from writing him off either as he's just come back from a really serious injury and is clearly lacking in match sharpness as well as confidence in case his body can't handle it again.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With +5 GD. It was a perfect storm of that enabled us to come 5th. Our first eleven is alright we'll give anyone a game, after that it's like Mad Max, there's nothing but footballing desolation. Mike Williamson is part of that.

If you're going to steal my material, at least credit me ;)

Haven't read the majority of the thread, but I saw it like:

Elliot: Happy to admit he's proving me wrong. I thought he was absolutely awful and there only to make up numbers, but last night he played well and made a few important reflex saves. Looks to be growing in confidence as well. I'd need to see him more before I said anything about his kicking and organisation.

Perch: Did ok, didn't notice him for much of the game, which I suppose means he did his job. He'll be found out if he starts there against better wingers. He's a decent player to have available to the squad, but should be near the 1st team really.

Willo: So dodgy at the back. I'd hope he doesn't start against the big boys. Need replacing and soon.

Colo: Rusty, but still classy.

Tavernier: Still not sure how to pronounce his name but looked really good. Useful young player to push for a 1st team place. I'd like to see him at right back against cup or lower league just to see how he does.

Obertan: He's dogshit. Good approach play and was a decent outlet at times, but has no awareness of what to do with his average final ball. Shouldn't even be on the bench.

Gosling: Not good enough really, this was a good opportunity for him to try and impose himself alongside Tiote, but really the game seemed to pass him by.

Tiote: It's incredible the difference to the team this guy makes. Young players, facing guys like Rooney, Hernandez, Wellbeck had the assurance of his quality and were pinging balls at him and yet he took possession, played little calming balls back and forth and changed defence into attack. Vital to everything we do. Top top player.

Marveaux: Good opportunity for him to show off a bit and some touches were class, he still looks a little lightweight and hasn't adapted to the pace of the English game well. Don't think he's going to be anything but a bit part player for us.

Vuckic: He's like a poor mans Berbatov. Does fuck all for 60 minutes, but he shows those occasional flashes of skill and guile. I think a season long loan at a championship club who will play him every game for near enough the full 90, would do him the world of good.

Shola: His hold up and build up play was class. He's finally worked out how to use the limited skill set he has to it's fullest.

Ferguson: great cross for the goal, looks busy and like a useful lad to have on the bench pushing the 1st team in the same way as Tavernier.

Bigi: Really like the look of this kid. I reckon he'll be a big player for us and is tailor-made to slot into Tiote's position when he's suspended/injured/ACofN

Cisse: Swear to God you could see his whole demeanour shift after the goal. He was chasing balls, sniffing out chances, linking up well. Hope he starts against Reading with Demba and HBA. I smell goals.

Overall: Good performance from a team largely made of 2nd stringers or players returnign from injury in a competition we rarely take seriously. Happy with the run out. Colo, Tiote and Cisse benefited from it. Elliot, Tavernier, Bigi and Ferguson took full advantage of the opportunity. Another nail in the coffins of Obertan, Gosling, Marveaux and Williamson I'm afraid.

Shola is a God.

Think he's a decent prospect but not sure if under our system he can slot in. Santon does the leftwingery when we counter and Guti covers the space behind is the way we play atm. He isn't imo big enough to be a safe left back and his allround game isn't at the level where he can play left midfield and cover when we lose the ball. Needs to bulk up. Seems like a decent impact sub for the last 10-15 min is where his game is right now. It was interesting how confident Tavernier looked in both full back positions and I'd put him ahead of Wilson at RB.

Think Vuckic is ahead of both Gosling and Obertan. It looks like there is enough about his game to be a steady fringe player and there is a hint he can come up one more level which the other two never will.

Edited by Park Life

Tav....her....knee...her....was very good last night, probably our man of the match and has come on a bundle. He looks to have the class to stake a first team claim nailed on very soon if he keeps up performances like that as he will learn as well.

The only issue I had in the match was the lack of left wing usage when Man Utd were leaving it wide open most of the time, yet we didn't use the option much.

Fergusons ball in for the goal was great and he had one or two good runs, yet on a few other occasions when he received the ball with wide open space, he chose to pass it sideways, which was frustrating.

Of course he is, our first team, at full strength, always do so well down there :rolleyes:

I'll state the obvious. Our strongest team against the team they put out would probably equal last 16 of the cup this morning. Pardew / Ashley decided it wasnt important as they will no doubt go on to do with Europe and the FA Cup.

Another silverware opportunity (what we are all here for) gone.

Gosling was decent iyam, the usual suspects will give him shit regardless though.

Tav and Elliot were very good, Marveaux, Obertan and Vuckic worked hard and had some good moments, Colo looked as steady as ever but Tiote didn't look very sharp.

Some good hold-up play by Shola and that goal was massive for Cisse. You could see the confidence flooding back to his play culminating in that class overhead attempt.

Its amazing how people see the game very VERY differently.

Tiote was 90% at his absolute best last night, thought he looked very sharp actually. Some great skill, strength and his customary hard tackling nature. I loved it when the ball was dropping out the air and not only did he control it perfectly on his chest but on the turn too.

Gosling was piss poor in the first half, offered fuck all, second half he was marginally better getting forward. Should have scored twice and was unlucky with a long effort.

Gosling is a funny one, he's either nowt or something. He's doomed to be another one of those players with no real impact who'll disappear to the Championship and make a very good living plodding around for the likes of Derby and Watford.

Williamson has a square head.

Its amazing how people see the game very VERY differently.

Tiote was 90% at his absolute best last night, thought he looked very sharp actually. Some great skill, strength and his customary hard tackling nature. I loved it when the ball was dropping out the air and not only did he control it perfectly on his chest but on the turn too.

Gosling was piss poor in the first half, offered fuck all, second half he was marginally better getting forward. Should have scored twice and was unlucky with a long effort.

Tiote was tremendous last neet. Some of his passing under pressure was magnificent, I kept thinking these cunts will put a bid in for you if you don't pipe down.

Tiote was tremendous last neet. Some of his passing under pressure was magnificent, I kept thinking these cunts will put a bid in for you if you don't pipe down.

Thats what I was think, come on man, one stray pass or two wouldnt go a miss :lol:

Williamson MUST GO

Gosling MUST GO

Obertan MUST GO if he doesn't improve

Vuckic NOT ATHLETIC ENOUGH

We're NUFC, these players are Championship level, it beggars belief how highly "Willo" is rated by the backroom team.

I still get sad knowing how far we have come since the relegation season and knowing that with the squad we have, 2 or 3 good players added, say Debuchy, Douglas and De Jong, we could be pushing for the top 4 this season. As it is its a case of so near yet so far. The talk of selling Ba for 7mil is fucking ludicrous!

We have probably the best GK, CB, 2 x CMs and 2 x CFs that I have seen at this club since 1995ish. On top of that Ben Arfa could possibly be the best player Ive seen here in my lifetime. This team could have made history with a modicum of investment. Sick as a chip atm

Edited by J69

Fucking sick of them floaty free kicks into Williamson FFS! I think in the 2 year he's been here the only chance weve created from them is that penalty against Norwich. He's got about as much air presence as a floppy fucking cock.

It's the kind of tactical genius that gets you 8 year deals.

Fucking sick of them floaty free kicks into Williamson FFS! I think in the 2 year he's been here the only chance weve created from them is that penalty against Norwich. He's got about as much air presence as a floppy fucking cock.

Logic surely dictates this must work in training for them to keep trying which having seen the repeated failures I just can't believe.

Guest CabayeAye

It's the kind of tactical genius that gets you 8 year deals.

I think everything about Pardew except his tactics is spot on.

There are tribes in the Amazon, as yet untouched by civilisation, who know that 442 hoofball doesn't suit our squad.

Everytime Cisse gets a punt up the pitch, or Williamson gets outjumped on set piece by a one legged midget with diving weights on, I die a little inside. Ben Arfa must be fucking raging every time he gets bypassed by a wank long ball to no one.

But it appears ploughing the same barren furrow gets you an eight year deal, so fair play to him.

Guest CabayeAye

He's a total panto villain, tiptoeing from thread to thread accompanied by faux-menacing piano music.

Bellend nearly got me a bum smacking from Cath before..