Newcastle United v Bordeaux

Christmas Tree

Were you even invited?

I bloody invited him and he throws it open to GROCKLES?!?!So pipe down Smoke-Stack

(I'm not sure if Grockles is the right term)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physio room says

S Taylor Calf/Shin Injury no return date

Y Cabaye Mouth Infection no return date

F Coloccini Hip/Thigh Injury 7th Oct 12

T Krul Arm/Elbow Injury 7th Oct 12

D Simpson Hamstring Injury 7th Oct 12

So the latter three definitely won't be back for Bordeaux (whether they'd have been risked or not is another matter), but the first 2 might be?

Taylor was getting treatment from the physio during the game, walked off about 5 mins later.

Hopefully it's just a bruise/dead leg or something that won't keep him out for the ManUre game...because we desperately need him for the ManUre game. Perch & Willo vs Rooney & Van Persie will be horrific.

Aye, I quite like the look of Tav. Definitely did more to warrant a start at RB than Perch did against Reading.

The worry is if you have Tav and Santon at fullback, who does that leave in the centre? Colo won't be fit, will he?

The worry is if you have Tav and Santon at fullback, who does that leave in the centre? Colo won't be fit, will he?

If Simpson is fit and available I'd sooner have him in the centre of defence than Perch or Willow...

Guest Your Name Here

Douglas Franco Teixeira, if he hadn't been so darn expensive.

Williamson and Perch, and a hope neither get injured.

If Simpson is fit and available I'd sooner have him in the centre of defence than Perch or Willow...

Perch has been good for us as a centre half over the past 12 months.

Everybody is allowed off days though. I'd much rather have him there than Simpson. Especially as he's more than competent in possession too.

Still think Simpson gets way more stick than he deserves.

Tavernier played much better at LB than RB in the cup btw.
I'd agree with that. Anybody have an idea where the strengths lie in the Bordeaux side?
Provisional Newcastle squad: Harper, Elliot, Simpson, Tavernier, Ferguson, Perch, Williamson, Good, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Anita, Bigirimana, Gosling, Marveaux, Obertan, Vuckic, Abeid, Amalfitano, Sammy Ameobi, Ba, Cisse, Shola Ameobi, Campbell.

Elliot

Anita Tavernier Williamson Santon

Bigi Tiote

Marveaux________Ferguson

Cisse Campbell

Harper

Simpson

Perch

Jonas

Cabaye

Sameobi

Shola