Pardew, Carver and Stone Handed 8-Year Contracts

Andrew

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean seriously, what's not to like.

For him to see out the 8 years we'll have to be doing consistently well and the duration of the contract means he's unlikely to get "poached" without serious dosh. Absolutely will have get out of jail clauses for Ashley if it shouldn't work out.

He's the best manager (and backroom team) we've had for absolutely ages, think it's good news all round, me.

His job is to find them not to be bosom buddies so why would he give a fuck?

Are people honestly not seeing this as being a nice big incentive for AP to toe the line for another 8 years? Llambias keeps referencing Wenger and Fergie. Except we all know they would have told Ashley to shove his club up his arse long before now.

Are people honestly not seeing this as being a nice big incentive for AP to toe the line for another 8 years? Llambias keeps referencing Wenger and Fergie. Except we all know they would have told Ashley to shove his club up his arse long before now.

Oh, you mean the same Fergie that watches the Glazers fuck over Manchester United? Then commends them?

Edited by colinh9

J69, have a word with yourself FFS.

Pardew could get a job at anytime with what he's done here, so he doesn't need to lick arse or keep in check.

It's clear you don't like Ashley and Llambias, probably because you have Kevin Keegan posters on your wall or something...get over it man.

Stability is a major issue for a forward thinking club and we are now a forward thinking club and not just a live for the season club like we were.

Fans like you would love to see it all fall apart just so you can say, " I told you, I told you."

He's done a decent enough job so far, but giving him an 8 year contract seems ludicrous to me. He's not Wenger or Fergurson for god's sake and I'm not aware of any other manager on such a long term contract.

However he is a yes man and he's prepared to work on a shoe string budget - exactly what Ashley wants

He's also competent enough to keep us in the Premier League for the next 8 years, nothing more - and sadly thats the sum total of Ashley's ambition for Newcastle United

He's done a decent enough job so far, but giving him an 8 year contract seems ludicrous to me. He's not Wenger or Fergurson for god's sake and I'm not aware of any other manager on such a long term contract.

However he is a yes man and he's prepared to work on a shoe string budget - exactly what Ashley wants

He's also competent enough to keep us in the Premier League for the next 8 years, nothing more - and sadly thats the sum total of Ashley's ambition for Newcastle United

What a crock of shit. He's done an excellent job in the time he's been manager and that cannot be denied.

Too many people forget the dire condition this club was in and what we are doing right now.

Pardew is like any other manager, he works within the means of his club...forget your sheikh's and oil multi billionaires as they don;t know what means of the club are.

This club has to work within it's means, meaning it has to be sustainable on it's own..create it's own revenue, which creates transfer funds in time.

We have not long ago broke even, so we will reap the rewards of a well run club soon enough, plus we have the majority of players at this club that are worth far far more than what we paid, which means the quality is building, not declining.

We don't buy players for the sake of it and Pardew knows what he bought into, which is a structure and blueprint to work from.

I'd imagine he's signed an 8 year deal, along with the coaches and scouts because he and they can see the progress the club is making.

Ashley doesn't work on a shoestring budget...he works on a budget that is fully sustainable and is tough enough along with Llambias to see that it's not stretched or broken.

It's sound financial management from top to bottom and any fan should be over the moon with what's happening.

Those fans that are not satisfied will never be satisfied no matter what manager we had and what players we had.

Edited by wolfy

You're sure of this?

J69 clearly breaching his self emposed 5 year tea total tag the neet.

Good things all round with this, people will look for negatives, but there are more positives than negatives. Whatever wage increase Pards has received he's deserved it. I've made my position clear if being an Ultra Ashley hate is left wing, and up Ashley's arse is right wing, I'm fucking Derek Hatton and "Toonpack" is Nick Griffin, while most are Nick Clegg types. One thing I agree with Toonpack about tonight is this is a positive. Stop looking for negatives, he's a good manager, from where he started his performance is 9/10 lowest 8.5/10. Fuck knows what J69 is on about Graham Carr for, can't even see the logic.

J69, have a word with yourself FFS.

Pardew could get a job at anytime with what he's done here, so he doesn't need to lick arse or keep in check.

It's clear you don't like Ashley and Llambias, probably because you have Kevin Keegan posters on your wall or something...get over it man.

Stability is a major issue for a forward thinking club and we are now a forward thinking club and not just a live for the season club like we were.

Fans like you would love to see it all fall apart just so you can say, " I told you, I told you."

Forgive me if I dont give any sort of credence to anything you say about absolutely fucking anything. That horse bolted on a sattelite flying round the moon about 2 months ago

J69 clearly breaching his self emposed 5 year tea total tag the neet.

Good things all round with this, people will look for negatives, but there are more positives than negatives. Whatever wage increase Pards has received he's deserved it. I've made my position clear if being an Ultra Ashley hate is left wing, and up Ashley's arse is right wing, I'm fucking Derek Hatton and "Toonpack" is Nick Griffin, while most are Nick Clegg types. One thing I agree with Toonpack about tonight is this is a positive. Stop looking for negatives, he's a good manager, from where he started his performance is 9/10 lowest 8.5/10. Fuck knows what J69 is on about Graham Carr for, can't even see the logic.

Im bookmarking this thread for 12months time when AP is thanking MA for putting his hand in his pocket for 3million to replace the 15million we get for Ben Arfa. And a big thanks to Bigi for stepping into Tiote's shoes. And we really need to hold onto krul cos, you know, 12mil would see him sold, not that we want to sell him *wink wink.

In what world is it fucking normal for a manager to hawk his own players around in the press to make the owner some cash?

Just my opinion of course. Although it was shared by the majority of people on here recently. Short memories. Pardew has done a cracking job but lets not kid ourselves that employing him was good judgement rather than plenty of luck. Hughton was booted out because he didnt want to toe the line. Keegan left because the owners were clueless. Pards is staying because he keeps his head down and says nowt to rock the boat. Its a shame because hes turned out to be a cracking manager. Its a shame his loyalties dont lie where ours do though

Oh, you mean the same Fergie that watches the Glazers fuck over Manchester United? Then commends them?

No, the fergie who was handed 24mil to sign a 29year old because he will give them a good crack at the league and Europe for a year or two. Can you see Fergie losing a 6mil player because the owners would only offer 5mil? Hoping to bring in 2 or 3 more players and then waxing lyrical about the owners when they bring in none?

Im bookmarking this thread for 12months time when AP is thanking MA for putting his hand in his pocket for 3million to replace the 15million we get for Ben Arfa. And a big thanks to Bigi for stepping into Tiote's shoes. And we really need to hold onto krul cos, you know, 12mil would see him sold, not that we want to sell him *wink wink.

In what world is it fucking normal for a manager to hawk his own players around in the press to make the owner some cash?

Just my opinion of course. Although it was shared by the majority of people on here recently. Short memories. Pardew has done a cracking job but lets not kid ourselves that employing him was good judgement rather than plenty of luck. Hughton was booted out because he didnt want to toe the line. Keegan left because the owners were clueless. Pards is staying because he keeps his head down and says nowt to rock the boat. Its a shame because hes turned out to be a cracking manager. Its a shame his loyalties dont lie where ours do though

There's not much I disagree with there, but what the fucks that got to do with Pardew's new contract being a negative?!? If it wasn't him sticking up for "Mike" the fat 2016 heart attack victim waiting to happen, they'd have someone else towing the party line.

There's not much I disagree with there, but what the fucks that got to do with Pardew's new contract being a negative?!? If it wasn't him sticking up for "Mike" the fat 2016 heart attack victim waiting to happen, they'd have someone else towing the party line.

Because it just smacks of him being rewarded for being a good lad. I cant see why else they would give him a deal that long and commit to it financially unless there was something in it for them? Maybe im just cynical after years of ups and downs and sports direct arenas and 'you dont know how nasty we can be's'

I'm not naive to think we wouldn't sell a player if a big offer came in but I'm getting a bit sick of people moping saying we're going to sell Krul, Tiote etc.

The only player we've sold that has the capability to better themselves elsewhere is Carroll and as we all know £35m was far toog good to turn down. And if we do sell a player, big deal? That's football, players come and go it doesn't make you a selling club.

Forgive me if I dont give any sort of credence to anything you say about absolutely fucking anything. That horse bolted on a sattelite flying round the moon about 2 months ago

You can disregard anything I say for the next 10 million of my posts(which will take me another few months to get to mind) but the fact is, you see what I type and I'm telling you that your post is shite, just like people tell me my posts are shite.

It's nothing personal and if you posted something that I agreed with , I would equally tell you it was a good post.

I don't live on childishness mate, I can give people credit or not depending on their post and not their persona.