Pardew, Carver and Stone Handed 8-Year Contracts

Andrew

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it just smacks of him being rewarded for being a good lad. I cant see why else they would give him a deal that long and commit to it financially unless there was something in it for them? Maybe im just cynical after years of ups and downs and sports direct arenas and 'you dont know how nasty we can be's'

Hughton was a good lad doing a good job, he didn't get rewarded. Pardew has been a good lad doing a VERY good job, which is why he has got this contract. I may hate Ashley and Dekka but they're not stupid enough to give this to someone who hasn't earned it on merit.

Edited by McFaul

I mean in the sense that De Jong went somewhere else, Debuchy will end up somewhere else. He puts in the ground work and half the time it seems Ashley has absolutely no intention of putting his hand in his pocket

If you won an auction on ebay and the seller went "nah mate, you can't have that easy rider jacket with 'straight edge' written in studs unless you give me an extra hundred quid", you'd tell them to fuck off...wouldn't you?

We signed Anita for £6m so it's not as if Ashley was averse to paying that sum for a player - Lille were acting like cernts the entire deal because they got shirty with Debuchy for wanting to join us. No-one else came in and snapped him up at the initial fee because he made it clear he wanted to join us.

Remind me when we're selling Tiote in this summer's transfer window again?

No, the fergie who was handed 24mil to sign a 29year old because he will give them a good crack at the league and Europe for a year or two. Can you see Fergie losing a 6mil player because the owners would only offer 5mil? Hoping to bring in 2 or 3 more players and then waxing lyrical about the owners when they bring in none?

So, we are comparing Newcastle United to one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Of course there is a bit of self-preservation in terms of every manager. What I was saying with Ferguson is that his club is being run into the ground by owners who are putting it into massive amounts of debt and profiting off it. So either Fergie is on the take, or even he isn't big enough to question his owners.

I'm let-down by the lack of investment in this team. Very much so. However, I just think you are spouting utter nonsense

Of course there is a bit of self-preservation in terms of every manager. What I was saying with Ferguson is that his club is being run into the ground by owners who are putting it into massive amounts of debt and profiting off it. So either Fergie is on the take, or even he isn't big enough to question his owners.

I'm let-down by the lack of investment in this team. Very much so. However, I just think you are spouting utter nonsense

Arsenal were no bigger than Newcastle before Wenger came in any way shape or form. They are one of the world's biggest clubs now and I honestly believe we could be significant again in the future, if we're ran properly and the correct investment is made.

Im not. Llambias is. That was my point. I take it you agree?

The truth is, we are not lacking in investment in the team, we are actually rich in it.

The problem arises with many fans when they don't see players coming in that cost 10 plus million, so most players who we get in cheap are deemed not top drawer, yet if anyone takes a step back, this is our investment in players who play for us now.

All potential worth and remember I say potential.

Cisse... 15 plus million

Cabaye...15 plus

Tiote...15 plus

Ba (without clause) 15 plus

Ben Arfa 15 plus

Krul..10 plus

S,Taylor 10 plus

There are many other players worth double and treble what we paid but those names I've mentioned are buys that many big clubs who can afford it, would pay that kind of money for and call it a big investment, so if they can do it, then surely, we have invested in the known potential quality of those same players, courtesy of a special scout.

Just because we paid well under the odds does not mean we aren't investing.

Any player bought into a club that cannot be sold off for more than was paid for instance, Torres at 50 million, means he needs to produce the goods continuously for a good few years, helping Chelsea recoup his fee through winning trophies and they can call him an investment...if he doesn't do what's required, he becomes a liability as his fee, if sold would constitute a massive loss.

Trust me, we are heavily investing but they don;t come with a gold star on their backs, they come in all sizes and ages, right down to the youngsters.

Time and patience is what's needed at this club and that short time and patience up to now is slowly reaping rewards in terms of progression and a team of players that now come with hefty price tags for any club that come sniffing.

We used to give players away at one time, now we don;t even seem to allow hire purchase, as our model demands the cash up front with no guarantee's as it should be.

Too long we have been the transfer whipping boys, now we hold the whip and invite any club to barter, just bring a wallet fat enough or don;t dare step foot near.

Guest CabayeAye

Just out of interest, how much is this team worth:

----------------Krul

Tavernier Saylor Good Raylor

Amalfitano Abeid Bigirimana Sammy

-----------Ba Shola

Harper

Ferguson

Gosling

Campbell

bullshit are stoke 15th in that list though

Why not? Look at the number of their short passes too. Stoke often have far less of the ball than the opposition so it would sense.

• 7 months later...

I was joking.

At the end of the day its a good move to tie down key workers like this is you are happy with them. Ashley is. There will of course be various get outs on both sides no doubt ie for when England come knocking.

Bazinga.