Newcastle United v Manchester United

Christmas Tree

You do not pick, constantly. Your whole online time seems dedicated to it.

You whinge because I've started a Man U thread. Nobody else had, you hadn't, yet clearly by everyone's reaction, people were happy to post in it. I wanted to discuss how we approach the game. You wanted to snipe.

I was having a discussion with Rentin in the politics thread, you wanted to snipe. I'm not sure if you realise how often you are doing it but its constant.

If you want to debate or argue a point that's fine, but give over with the constant sniping.

:lol:

I think me and you have different definitions of "constant".

And you do go on about Ferguson a lot, you can't deny that surely? I might have posted that in this thread but surely others were thinking it, no matter how facetious my post may have been. Every other post you make seems to be about the left wing, like it's the only problem the team have got. I didn't whinge about this thread being created either, just you bringing Ferguson up yet again like we're not aware of your feelings on the matter.

People give you far worse comments than I do (actual nasty things), find it surprising you don't moan about them to them.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, I live / work in quite a nice village, do the drunks are very rare. More likely dinner party guests heading home :lol:

Sounds posh.

"I say driver, where's the rugger on this weekend? I've got Nigel visiting from the home counties and he's quite a Quins fan"

Start with Shola and Ba up front,bomabard Ferdinand and Evans...they dont like it up em!

We'll have to go for it if we want anything out of the game, if its Willo and Perch at the back theres gauranteed goals at out own end.

What we're doing this season isnt working, so its time for a change,regardless of who we're playing. Get Ferguson on from the start as well.

Sounds posh.

"I say driver, where's the rugger on this weekend? I've got Nigel visiting from the home counties and he's quite a Quins fan"

I had one a bit like that yesterday. All chinos and blazer, GP's son telling me how mommy and daddy were paying for him to your the European wine yards on a tasting holiday.

Quite a wine buff apparently. Told him I quite like a nice Merlot in between Real Ales.

His face resembled the proverbial bulldog chewing a wasp :lol:

:lol:

I think me and you have different definitions of "constant".

And you do go on about Ferguson a lot, you can't deny that surely? I might have posted that in this thread but surely others were thinking it, no matter how facetious my post may have been. Every other post you make seems to be about the left wing, like it's the only problem the team have got. I didn't whinge about this thread being created either, just you bringing Ferguson up yet again like we're not aware of your feelings on the matter.

People give you far worse comments than I do (actual nasty things), find it surprising you don't moan about them to them.

Other people take the piss which is fine. You are like toothache.

The reason I "go on" about the left is simply because for me, it's our biggest problem and has been for a long time.

I passionately believe that once we address it we will be a much stronger team going forward.

This is why I get excited when any potential be talent for the left comes along.

This is why I so keen to see Fergie start (a chance that he's earned with his last two sub appearances).

I repeat myself because it irritates the fuck out of me that its not being addressed. I feel Pardew can't bring himself to drop Jonas or Cisse, even though that is what is needed.

Maybe if you watched the games? Saw how poor we are down the left, realised we can't always rely on Ben Atfa, then you would also be banging on about playing a lad who has the ability to do what he's done in the last two games.

I can guarantee Cisse and Ba will be desperate for him to start.

I'm sure if Pardew thinks Ferguson is worth a start , he will get a start.

The simple fact is, Pardew knows more than any of us do about what is working and what isn't working in training, which is why the team spends so much time training.

What happens on the pitch on match days CAN work because of that training and the players who he puts out based on it, but equally it can go all to pot and it depends on how the opposition team has set it's stall out.

Saying Ferguson should start based on a few decent crosses, is madness. The kid is a good player and a future excellent prospect ad may get a chance here and there to start, depending on injuries/suspensions, yet starting him ahead of seasoned players so early in the season, simply because a few players aren't up to speed yet, is going to be detrimental to them and could hamper their willingness to actually get up to speed.

It's a fine line with players as everyone wants action and everyone wants to contribute to a winning system, yet when it doesn't work out as planned, you have to KEEP FAITH.

Shola Ameobi is a cracking impact sub, yet starting him...nine times out of ten actually works against us because he tires quickly against fresh players, yet he can look amazing against those same players in the final 20 minutes as a sub...this is where his strength lies, yet he will get the odd start due to the loss of form of a striker because he himself is a seasoned pro, who can be thrust into any game without it overawing him......can Ferguson yet?

This is where patience has to come to the fore because wanting youngsters to start on the basis of a few crosses into the box doesn't mean they are going to produce this in a full on game where fatigue will take a bigger toll on that player and possibly leave him on the long term injury list.

If your top players are fit, regardless of some not firing on all cylinders, you keep sending them out because quality doesn't disappear overnight.

For all Ferguson can cross a ball, Jonas can keep the team in a game and can at times produce his own little bit of magic, yet his main attribute is a never say die attitude and his ability to keep the ball, giving the rest, time to get into position, plus the fact that on his day, he can be a nightmare for defences.

Pardew has an 8 year contract, as do the coaches and I'm sure they weren't given them on the basis of not knowing what team to put out based on their knowledge of the players throughout a week of training before any game.

We only know , what we see on the pitch, which is out of everyone's hands when the game is in motion and can only be changed by Pardew with a half time talk and selective subs.

CT, do you not think there's a risk of it being a bit Vuckic against Liverpool if he starts? Even if it is at home, a pissed off Man Utd as his first start could be too much at this stage of his career. (Is it actually his first league start? Can't think of him starting in the league before now).

CT, do you not think there's a risk of it being a bit Vuckic against Liverpool if he starts? Even if it is at home, a pissed off Man Utd as his first start could be too much at this stage of his career. (Is it actually his first league start? Can't think of him starting in the league before now).

There is that risk but you have to then weight that up against the risk of playing against them with a formation that struggles to create chances. If our game plan is to sit back and soak up without a fast outlet on each wing then I fear for our goal difference.

With regard to his mental ability for the game, I don't worry one bit about that. Strikes me as a very tenacious battler who won't give two fucks about the "star names" playing against him.

At some point we have to use him to gain the lead, not rescue the game.

If he comes up short ( no pun intended), then back to super sub.

Pardew will go up I'm my estimation for trying rather than continuing with what's not working.

There is that risk but you have to then weight that up against the risk of playing against them with a formation that struggles to create chances. If our game plan is to sit back and soak up without a fast outlet on each wing then I fear for our goal difference.

With regard to his mental ability for the game, I don't worry one bit about that. Strikes me as a very tenacious battler who won't give two fucks about the "star names" playing against him.

At some point we have to use him to gain the lead, not rescue the game.

If he comes up short ( no pun intended), then back to super sub.

Pardew will go up I'm my estimation for trying rather than continuing with what's not working.

We have 9 points from 6 games and one defeat to the potential champions, what's not working?

If by not working you mean juggling with injuries then fair enough, yet all team losing their most influential players will struggle in some shape or form.

Guest CabayeAye

You make it sound like Pardew hasn't been taking risks/trying (other) things.

Pardew is like Haig in Blackadder.

"They won't expect us to play toothless 442 hoofball again! It didn't work the last 17 times, so they're bound to fall for it this time!"

You make it sound like Pardew hasn't been taking risks/trying (other) things.

Not saying that at all. He tried HBA on the left against Everton with Marveaux on the right. It was a disaster.

Each to their own but Cisse or Jonas out (depending on formation) is the move that will balance the team out and get some fluidity into our game.

People shouldn't kid themselves. We are very very lucky to have the points we have.

I don't believe that Ferguson should start, but I do think he should be put out there at some point. His effectiveness is a combination of a few things, two of those being his freshness and the conditioning of their right sided defenders to expect out left sides players to cut back onto their preferred right foot. Ferguson clearly has a very good cross on him - the aforementioned factors make it easier for him to get clean and dangerous balls away. Starting him would negate some of that effect, and in addition other areas of his game seem to be relatively weak at the moment.

The way i see it, they are bedding ferguson into the team on the wing and using him as an impact sub. Remember hes an attacking fullback whos playing wide left at the moment. That could be because ala gareth bale they have realised he can't defend and is far more a threat going forward or because he is Pacey and can be a effective in the latter stages of games with the other team tiring.

I certainly wouldn't start him in defence against man utd though, i think hes very suspect defensively. I do agree with (CT for once) that the formation is a worry . With ba's form could they not move cisse left of the front 3 to accomodate ba on th middle? on the whole the the ba not being happy playing left of a 3 pronged attack is a total ball ache as we were far more effective playing that system.