Newcastle United v Manchester United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Ben Arfa gets the chance to cut inside lots and we don't waste this positive selection by playing hoofball.

With Williamson there will be hoof, but Santon and Fergie should both be comfortable bringing the ball out. Perch when he's on his game is good at making short percentage passes hopefully he can get the ball to Cabaye or Tiote and we can subsequently take the game to them.

I've suggested Ferguson at LB and Santon at RB before so I'm glad its being given a chance, I hope Pardew gives it a run rather than scrapping it if it doesn't work out todays its not the easiest opponents to trial something with.

They should offer us more natural width allowing the attacking players to cut in more.

Pardew: "Both our fullbacks will fly forward, that's what they were put in for"

Nice.

Will be refreshing for a change. Better than Simpson constantly playing the ball into touch under no pressure.

I think we're about to get destroyed. That defence looks incredibly dubious. If we win the midfield battle we might have an outside chance, but if we try to play hoofball and keep turning over possession to them, we're in for a long afternoon.