Newcastle sign four year shirt deal with ''Wonga''

Holden McGroin

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loan sharks are voluntary. Tesco have been putting family businesses out of action for over a decade now through no fault of their own.

Do you sweep the floors or stack the shelves in Tesco?

So by that token, all big companies are evil then. Personally, I'd rather get all my shopping cheaply in one trip from a supermarket than spend all day trapsing round ten shops to get what I need for twice the price. Oh, and supermarkets create jobs too. It's like saying digital cameras are evil because they have killed the wet film industry.

Loan sharks make vast amounts of money ripping off the stupid whilst adding no value to society, whatsoever.

Apparently not true. Shirts only.

Based on a conversation I've had with someone close to this stuff, it seems highly unlikely that an £8m deal is a shirts only deal. That figure is in line with what the club wanted for shirts AND stadium sponsorship in other negotiations.

So unless this lot are terrible negotiators, then I would expect it to be more than just shirts regardless of what they're telling local journalists.

'Ah but it's just this', 'Ah but it's just money', 'Ah it doesn't really matter', 'Ah but it'll always be St James' Park to me' etc etc etc.

They sell our souls too cheap, they cheapen and nasty everything about our club and when the 'Wonga' runs out another blue chip company might think, 'Do we want to be associated with a club sponsored by 'Wonga'?'

£8M a season for sponsorship and stadium rights is very generous on the clubs part for a club of our size, tradition and last years PL finish. When you're shopping you don't always buy the first thing you see, maybe a little patience was required from Ashllamb when it comes to sponsorship as they already had the guarantee of the Virgin money for another twelve months. Instead it looks like we got 'I'll 'ave sam of fahkin that!' instead.

Anyway, we'll wait and see what happens and what does and doesn't get confirmed. They don't inspire confidence.

So by that token, all big companies are evil then. Personally, I'd rather get all my shopping cheaply in one trip from a supermarket than spend all day trapsing round ten shops to get what I need for twice the price. Oh, and supermarkets create jobs too. It's like saying digital cameras are evil because they have killed the wet film industry.

Loan sharks make vast amounts of money ripping off the stupid whilst adding no value to society, whatsoever.

You don't sound very familiar with the reality of Tesco to be fair.

You can say that morally you are prepared to accept the bullying tactics used by big supermarkets in exchange for low food prices but to then morally object to a company like Wonga is ridiculous.

I understand that Tesco bully other vendors, but at least they offer a tangible service.

All Wonga do is prey on the retarded, which again, I wouldn't mind, but their income is generated by benefit money, which comes from my hard earned tax.

"Awwww, Britneh, wuh need to get a 50 inch plazma, but wuh caahnt afford it because wuh spent all wor giro on tabs and white lightning.

"Divn't worry Baz, wuh can get a loan from Wonga. They've got telly adverts and everyfink, so they're a proppa company and all."

Cue more liberal dripping about poverty and unfair business, when the reality is that the only person who earns the money that Wonga makes is the tax payer.

You don't sound very familiar with the reality of Tesco to be fair.

You can say that morally you are prepared to accept the bullying tactics used by big supermarkets in exchange for low food prices but to then morally object to a company like Wonga is ridiculous.

Supermarkets originally priced other smaller shops out of business like butchers, etc, now they can charge whatthey want - and do.

You cant get a "payday" loan if you're on the dole surely? :lol:

You'd think so, wouldn't you!

Unfortunately for the fucktards who are the Wonga target audience, Payday = Giro day.

Edited by CabayeNay

I'd have thought NUFC would be able to attract a better paying, (and more reputable) sponsor than Wonga especially considering we had this year and next years sponsorship already in place so time wasn't of the essence, and again, does an association with Wonga add to the NUFC brand or de-value it? I'm going for for the latter although there's sharper corporate minds on here than mine who could enlighten us a bit more.

However if people want to talk about giros........?

Following our " 4 managers in one season" season, nothing this fat cunt does surprises me anymore.

Did anyone really think they'd find a decent, morally acceptable sponsor?

The cunt will be selling jellied eels at half time next.

There's a few morally dubious shirt sponsors out there including the mackems (pr front for an oil company) but I think this would be a low benchmark. I don't know why they ban tab companies if they allow these bastards.

If true it would go with his treatment of Keegan and the ground renaming as unforgivable no matter what.

Love the morality bullshit :D

Football pays notorious pieces of shit players £200K a week, the league is sponsored by the bank that screwed with the libor (how many people did the trickle down from that fuck over?) and no one bats an eyelid :rolleyes:

How is it a calamity? You might not like the company but then I don't know of any corporation in a position to spend millions on sponsorship who could not be torn apart for one reason or another. I hate Wonga but they are no different to a betting company, in fact from a social equality perspective, the betting company is worse. Alcohol companies are responsible for worse social outcomes than pay day lenders. That all said, I'd have preferred Sports Direct to Wonga as a shirt sponsor. Not sure how it's a calamity though, we wanted a sponsor who pays more money and it not to be SD, I don't remember anyone demanding a brand with values commensurate with ethical modern living. Mainly because you'd have sounded like a twat tbf.

How is it a calamity? You might not like the company but then I don't know of any corporation in a position to spend millions on sponsorship who could not be torn apart for one reason or another. I hate Wonga but they are no different to a betting company, in fact from a social equality perspective, the betting company is worse. Alcohol companies are responsible for worse social outcomes than pay day lenders. That all said, I'd have preferred Sports Direct to Wonga as a shirt sponsor. Not sure how it's a calamity though, we wanted a sponsor who pays more money and it not to be SD, I don't remember anyone demanding a brand with values commensurate with ethical modern living. Mainly because you'd have sounded like a twat tbf.

Well said Chez, was expecting a bookies and just thinking what you said there this very minute !!