sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

sunderland v Newcastle United (21/10/2012)

Team News

Krul and S.Taylor both might return for this one, but Coloccini is likely to be back. It could be the 1st game where we've had all of our 1st choice team on the pitch at the same time.

For them, Brown and Bardsley are both potentially back as well. McClean is there other injured player and I've no insight what-so-ever into whether he'll be back or not.

Blah Blah

Fletcher has scored all of their league goals so far. You can't deny he's in form (apparently scoring "when he wants", but given they've amassed a sum total of 1 win, scoring 5 & conceding 7 as they do, you have to ask what why he doesn't want to score more often? Also, why no one else wants to score? For me? Coloccini or Taylor should be able to handle the majority of his game and as long as Tiote and Cabaye have a handle on the midfield so the supply is stifled we should be in a position to worry more about our own lads finding the back of the net.

Most of Fletchers goals have come down their right hand side, which makes it another game where the Ferguson/Jonas/Santon debate will be paramount. Personally I think we need the experience of Simpson, Jonas and Santon in this game, then when the mackem legs are tired send out “Our Shane”. Another concern is that Shane is still fairly lightweight and sunderland’s midfield is more industrial than the Middlesbrough skyline. Cattermole and Gardner are just cloggers and there’s more of their antics creeping into Colbacks game. I’d expect them to put a few reducers on HBA, Cabaye et al early doors and if Cattermole goes the first half without picking up at least one Yellow Card I’ll give £30 to the SBR Foundation (A straight red counts).

Mignolet has been playing well and looks comfortable coming for crosses and stopping shots, after Fletcher I’d say he was their most important player.

They’ve dropped points from winning positions in 3 of their 6 league games so far, so we needn’t panic if Fletcher does grab an early goal. Reckon this shows how reliant they are on him to be honest; if there were other goal scorers they may well have gone on to win those games. Also all but one of our league goals have come in the second half so if we can score 1st or simply prevent them from scoring in the first half we should win this. I want a return to the 4-3-3 but I expect 4-4-2 with HBA and Jonas operating on the flanks. Ba and Cisse to start up front, but the mackem-Slayer straining to get on that pitch. I'm praying to see a back four of Santon, Colo, Taylor and Simpson and that back four should be able to deal with whatever sunderland can create.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Cisse Ba

Right now, if everyone gets back from injury, I'm confident of a win by a couple of goals (closer to the date this optimism will rapidly disappear). If the following back five takes the field, well Hell it could be any score line.

Harper

Anita Perch Williamson Ferguson

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has a spare ticket, I'll give sexual favours and pay massively over the odds for it.

Before you suck some blokes cock or take it up the bum, get the ticket first this time.

You just can't tell how this game will go.

No doubt there'll be some horror tackles from Catts that'll go overlooked, probably one or two from Tiote too.

We're not really playing well as of late, too many absentees from the first team and a very poor defence. Fletcher is a decent player and has proven he can score from limited chances. Stop him though and that's them nullified save for Larsson pinging free kicks in. McClean would be a big loss for them, frankly I'd prefer he didn't play so the troglodyte doesn't fly in with with any legbreakers like he did last season.

Still, won this fixture last season despite being under the cosh for a fair bit of the game...

Is cattermoles ban up. I remember it being mentioned he'd miss the derby

I thought he'd be back?

I'll check, but without him it's Gardner and Vaughan in the centre isn't it? The following is as depressing a statement as has ever been uttered. Cattermole is a better player than Vaughan.

Mind, getting shot in the foot is better than get a dry bumming off a warthog, so lets not lose sight of how shit they both are...

Anyone got a Ready to Go account?

Gone Fishing was missing last week because Red Cafe wouldn't give permissions to post, so I want to get in earlier.

I thought he'd be back?

I'll check, but without him it's Gardner and Vaughan in the centre isn't it? The following is as depressing a statement as has ever been uttered. Cattermole is a better player than Vaughan.

Mind, getting shot in the foot is better than get a dry bumming off a warthog, so lets not lose sight of how shit they both are...

Larsson and Colback played in the middle on Saturday with Gardner at right back.

Before you suck some blokes cock or take it up the bum, get the ticket first this time.

Leave him alone, he can do what he likes.

I might have a ticket for you Mcfaul baby- all we have to do is negotiate on the sick...erm on the sexual favours. Now what are you prepared to do. ;)

As we know, no matter what players are available, a Derby can go either way as long as both teams come out and show the passion that's required.

Sunderland have fallen short in that department a few times over the past few years but O'neil will have them fired right up and in fighting mood and I'm sure we will be.

I take us to edge this game , maybe 2-1.

I'm feeling slightly less confident about this than I was before the Man United game, but I still think we'll win by two or three goals, Sessegnon and McClean have had extremely poor starts to the season, and their centre midfield is very weak.

P.S- I'll add my name to the list of people willing to sell their body for a ticket

Fletcher will get injured playing for Scotland and they won't stand a chance against us.

Can only imagine how few goals they'd score this season without Fletcher playing for them. And his recent great run will have to end soon anyway. Maybe MON will have to start playing some offensive football?

Colo, Taylor and Krul can't be back soon enough. If they're all fit and available can't see us losing this. If they're not then anything could happen.