sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

Fellgate! Fucking cheek of it!

Feeling quite sick tbh. Can't bring myself to do anything. Currently hiding in my cab wondering what to do. Drink/ work/watch/not watch....

Most bizarre for me!

Workings a bad idea, your mind won't be on driving. Drinking and workings an even worse idea.....

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellgate! Fucking cheek of it!

Feeling quite sick tbh. Can't bring myself to do anything. Currently hiding in my cab wondering what to do. Drink/ work/watch/not watch....

Most bizarre for me!

Get a grip!

We will be fine.

Urgh. Feeling a bit ill (might be dodgy takeaway last night like). Hoping a pint will sort it out. Gannin to the Bluebell to watch it. Hopefully Taylor's comments yesterday won't do what I fear and do MON's team talk for him. I would start Shola like, need as many geordies and experienced players on the pitch as possible. A bit worried that Tiote will get sent off given his recent bull-in-a-china-shop performances.

All joking aside, all "banter" all bravado, all bullshit put on the back burner. Do you honestly believe that sunderland are a bigger club than Newcastle despite all evidence to the contrary, do you honestly believe that sunderland is a better city despite all evidence to the contrary? Do you honestly believe that we care as much about you lot as your lot care about us?

The reason I ask is that we've dominated you in terms of trophies, average finishes, supporter numbers, money spent, players fielded and so on. The places aren't comparable as one is a city by virtue of actually being a city, what with a cathedral, city walls, a university (not jsut a depressing polytechnic with a skirt on). you biggest Internet message board is as good a source of Newcastle United information as our own message boards... There are more threads on RTG about Newcastle than there are on Toontastic and Newcastle-Online combined. There are more members of twitter with FTM as a suffix to their tag/name than there are those with SMB tacked onto the end of theirs.

You're in our shadow, and the only reason you matter to us is that it's nice to have a derby. Swear to God if Blyth could drag their arses up into the upper echelon consistently, we'd enjoy the meetings with them, just as much.

Either way, I'm nervous about the upcoming meeting. You're not playing great, but you've a couple of players in form. All you need to win a game is an in form 'keepr and an in form striker. Mignolet plays as he's been doing and Fletcher nicks a goal an you win 1-0. I'm expecting a draw. You've an average defence and we've got Ben Arfa and the Shola who (delightfully) has chosen sunderland as the team he bothers his arse to score against.

End of the day for us, a point is a decent result and a win is good and we'll enjoy the bragging results. For you, a draw is a good result and a win is the biggest result of your season and you'll crow for years about it. As you did the occasional 2-1 and still bring up the 9-1. How often is the 4-1, the 5-1 etc.?

Back in our shadow Mongbird, it's where you belong.

Good post Fish, your finest hour.

Fucking howay!!!! I want to beat the paraffins don't get me wrong, but I want to win for NUFC, we DESPERATELY need 3 points today, and my desire for three points is bigger than the fact we'll beat Sunderland. Sounds like I'm talking shite reading it back but I know what I mean. 12 points, same as Arsenal and we'll feel a lot better about things.

Looks like Ameobi is starting. Not a big fan of that decision but I'm sure Pardew has his reasons. Can see him on the left with Ba alone down the centre. Surprising Taylor isn't playing, only weakness is Williamson IMO.

3-0 I'm going for, we need a clean sheet and the most important thing about today is getting 3 points.

Strange for Taylor to be giving his bit to the papers and not starting like.

Anyway...Delighted that Colo and Krul are back and starting, chance for Cabaye and Tiote to get back into that great partnership of last season.

Hoping this is 4231 with Ba in behind Shola.

I'm hoping that the Shola decision wasn't heart over head from Pardew.

Probably more to do with the fact Shola if he is on his game can control or flick on the ball as it's punted from the defence, whereas at the moment it seems to ricochet off Cisse like a bullet straight to an opposition player.

Pardew bottling it IMO. With the players we've got we're a far better footballing side than they are in a 4-3-3. Outplay them man, don't resort to their level.