sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

Perhaps its us Newcastle fans that hold the bias?

I'm not quite sure to be honest. Time and time again I've heard a whole lot of rubbish being spouted by experts when it comes to Newcastle.

I could tell the minute Taylor walked onto the pitch that the commentators wanted him to make a mistake, and no surprise to see one of them actually saying 'How ironic, that Taylor got a touch for the goal.' No he didn't.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Williamson was excellent today an all, Colo was imperious though.

We should consider cashing in on Tiote in Jan/the summer, still don't accept it was a justified red but he's evidently been booked something like 27 times in 54 games, ref's are looking for him.

How much do you think we'd get for him?

We should consider cashing in on Tiote in Jan/the summer, still don't accept it was a justified red but he's evidently been booked something like 27 times in 54 games, ref's are looking for him.

His disciplinary record will be a big mark against him as far as any potential suitors are concerned.

I'm not quite sure to be honest. Time and time again I've heard a whole lot of rubbish being spouted by experts when it comes to Newcastle.

I could tell the minute Taylor walked onto the pitch that the commentators wanted him to make a mistake, and no surprise to see one of them actually saying 'How ironic, that Taylor got a touch for the goal.' No he didn't.

We all take a much closer interest, so pick up on more inaccuracies about Newacastle than any other club.

In the context of the game, most complaints on commentary are about the red card discussion....which many on here agree was a justifiable red.

I try not to worry too much about the commentariat being against us....otherwise you end up doing a minutes silence for a dead chicken foetus.

Thought Ben Arfa was canny.

This. Can't understand why people think he was shit. His role obviously changed after the sending off. He did quite well defensively, played a few nice balls, ran rings around their central midfielders a couple of times.

My paltry view from the pub.

Didnt think Tiote deserved a red.

Thought the lads did brilliant to nearly hold out for three points.

Feel totally cheated out of 3 points.

Thought Jonas and Ben Arfa were shite.

what a surprise :lol:

my 2 pence: got to be considered unlucky given how few chances they had, the goal was a deflected own goal and we had a man harshly sent off.

still, another game that was in the balance for the majority of the game. we were winning these kind of games last year without dominating them. different story this season.

My paltry view from the pub.

Didnt think Tiote deserved a red.

Thought the lads did brilliant to nearly hold out for three points.

Feel totally cheated out of 3 points.

Thought Jonas and Ben Arfa were shite.

:lol:

I also watched it in the pub, thought Jonas was decent, and was gutted when Ben Arfa was subbed.

I thought the ref ruined that game tbh, give free kicks for very petty small incidents, yet barely gave a free kick against the countless fouls on Ba. If the Tiote incident was a red card then Larsson should have been off for kicking Shola in the chest, it was a yellow for a late tackle but nowt more. Cuellar should have been booked for going through the back of Ba, Gardener should have been booked for taking Santon out after Santon skinned him and Larsson's kick was a clear booking.

We were the dominant team but the sending off obviously changed us and we sat so deep that you felt they'd score, what I didn't expect was how pathetically bad they are as an attacking force. If Fletcher hadn't of wailed and rolled 20 times after Tiote kicked him I'd of not noticed him playing, that McClean is utter shite and Johnson spent the game in Santon's pocket. Sessegnon was also non-existant, is this what he's been like this season? because he was decent last year. I think it'd of been a comfortable 2-0 if we'd kept all 11 on but a draw away from home with 10 men to a mid/lower half team is ok.

I also watched it in the pub, thought Jonas was decent, and was gutted when Ben Arfa was subbed.

Aye I was gutted he took Ben Arfa off, maybe Pardew was nervous the animals would lunge in like normal when it's getting late in the game. Colo was the biggest loss mind, I know he was cramping but he looked pretty disappointed with the substitution himself.

Demba Ba is Sunderlands 2nd highest goalscorer now btw :lol:

I thought the ref ruined that game tbh, give free kicks for very petty small incidents, yet barely gave a free kick against the countless fouls on Ba. If the Tiote incident was a red card then Larsson should have been off for kicking Shola in the chest, it was a yellow for a late tackle but nowt more. Cuellar should have been booked for going through the back of Ba, Gardener should have been booked for taking Santon out after Santon skinned him and Larsson's kick was a clear booking.

We were the dominant team but the sending off obviously changed us and we sat so deep that you felt they'd score, what I didn't expect was how pathetically bad they are as an attacking force. If Fletcher hadn't of wailed and rolled 20 times after Tiote kicked him I'd of not noticed him playing, that McClean is utter shite and Johnson spent the game in Santon's pocket. Sessegnon was also non-existant, is this what he's been like this season? because he was decent last year. I think it'd of been a comfortable 2-0 if we'd kept all 11 on but a draw away from home with 10 men to a mid/lower half team is ok.

Good post.

Sums up how shit they , and the officials, were.

The makems do go down `easy'.It's something i've noticed for a few years.Sessignon is the worst of the cheating makems.Tiote's tackle was high and dangerous so no probs about the red card.They are by far the worst team we have faced this season.Isn't that the 3rd time this season they have played against 10 men. ( Swansea,Wigan and us ? ).I thought the ref was usless and gave the cheating makems everything.