sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few mackems saying the game was a mirror image of the one at SJP last season, which it was apart from the fact we didn't attempt to kick fuck out of their players, no Metros were totalled, no stadium bogs were smeared with shit like it was the H Blocks in 1981 & no stewards were thrown down a flight of stairs

Just heard Le Tissier describe Tiotes challenge as studds into the knee. I've always known he was clueless but I didn't realise he was blind too! It was the side of Tiotes boot that made contact with the makem and if his knee is half way down his shin the he needs to go to the doctor!

Johnson and Ireland's answer to Pele young McClean were both absolute dog turd. Do you think the mackems over hype players because they've never really had a truly world class player? The minute they get someone who doesn't just lump it they go bat shit mental about them.

This ref needs to be questioned over this match. I mean , I know ref's favours most teams at home in stages of the season and we get our fair share of decisions but regardless of this being a rivalry, which one looks like a sending off?

2582cfo.jpg

Thats the poorest I've seen Johnson...he always looked good for smogs & citeh....not sure if he's been found out a bit or he's been dragged down to the tramps normal level of shiteness. No wonder Trappatoni doesnt pick McLean :lol: he's one of these players who looks to be a very good athelete which masks his utter uselessness with a football at his feet. I think 6 Scudettos and a European cup qualifies him as a good judge here, better than any fuckin mackem anyway..

There must be some crystal meths knocking about cheap in Newcastle like. Nee one, NEE ONE, is more deluded and biased about Newcastle than me, but if that's not a red card, red cards should be abolished from football. It's not a competition as to who's was worse, as the Shola chest studs incident was dangerous play too. However, can someone just try and explain why Tiote's wasn't a red card. He's coming in two foot off the ground scraping his studs in the middle of Fletcher's leg. If Fletcher's studs stick in the turf you have a David Buust. He'd already won the free kick what the fuck was he doing? If that's not overtly dangerous play then I don't know what is. Instead of blaming the ref for an isolated incident, blame Tiote, he's a fucking liability. The picture of the tackle someone put up on the previous page is misleading too, it's a lot worse than that. We only get the real Tiote for 20 games a season, because he starts shit, and he's at his very good best when he has a run of games (Dyer was exactly the same), and this is often broken up by suspensions and injuries. I'd take £20m for him me.

The game itself only showed us what we already knew, we are head and shoulders better than them. They're not that much better than Wigan and Reading imo, gutting thing for me was I had Cabaye first goal and 3-0 at 200/1 and I may well have got it up if it wasn't for fucking Tiote.

Edited by McFaul

There must be some crystal meths knocking about cheap in Newcastle like. Nee one, NEE ONE, is more deluded and biased about Newcastle than me, but if that's not a red card, red cards should be abolished from football. It's not a competition as to who's was worse, as the Shola chest studs incident was dangerous play too. However, can someone just try and explain why Tiote's wasn't a red card. He's coming in two foot off the ground scraping his studs in the middle of Fletcher's leg. If Fletcher's studs stick in the turf you have a David Buust. He'd already won the free kick what the fuck was he doing? If that's not overtly dangerous play then I don't know what is. Instead of blaming the ref for an isolated incident, blame Tiote, he's a fucking liability. The picture of the tackle someone put up on the previous page is misleading too, it's a lot worse than that.

There's a few factual inaccuracies in there.

1. He didn't launch in with two feet off the ground. You can see from the picture above that one foot was clearly on the ground.

2. His studs never came into it. It was the side of his boot that made contact with the opposing player.

3. The whistle went less than a second before Tiote made contact, he had no way to know that he had already won the freekick.

Though as I said during the game yesterday, there was still no need to make that kind of tackle in that part of the pitch.

There's a few factual inaccuracies in there.

1. He didn't launch in with two feet off the ground. You can see from the picture above that one foot was clearly on the ground.

2. His studs never came into it. It was the side of his boot that made contact with the opposing player.

3. The whistle went less than a second before Tiote made contact, he had no way to know that he had already won the freekick.

Though as I said during the game yesterday, there was still no need to make that kind of tackle in that part of the pitch.

Not so much a few factual inaccuracies above, as all of them are.

1. His foot IS two foot off the ground it is actually impossible to say he didn't come in at pace, and connect with Fletcher's shin two foot off the floor.

2. Nope. It was his studs. David Blunkett could see by this picture it's his studs too.

blog_tiote_tackle.jpg?w=640

3. Completely and utterly irrelevant when the whistle goes. When the referees whistle goes does that give people license to do something dangerous?

Was a blatant sending off, and to be fair to Pards he was decent enough to admit it on second viewing, and acknowledge rightly, that it was a definite stone wall red card.

Edited by McFaul

i'd argue tiote is our most important player along with colo.

yes, he's always likely to pick up a yellow card and the occasional red but that's his game. we've bossed way more midfields since he joined. his positive points vastly outweigh the odd suspension.

i'd argue tiote is our most important player along with colo.

yes, he's always likely to pick up a yellow card and the occasional red but that's his game. we've bossed way more midfields since he joined. his positive points vastly outweigh the odd suspension.

He's a rock when he's had 4 or 5 games under him, but when he's finding his feet after injuries and suspensions, he's a liability, his passing can be poor, and you see incidents like yesterday creep in to his game.

I still think if the ref had given a yellow there would have been little controversy about it. Just on your point 2 Stevie, (i agree on the whole) but you can see Tiote's studs because they are not kicking into Fletcher's shin pad. The side of the boot is hitting the shin pad.

I dont think its relevant as the ref has the right to send him off if he thinks its dangerous play because Fletcher and the crowd have made him think that. What pisses me off more was comments from Wilkins, Le Tissier etc saying it was studs into the knee when its the shin pad and imo the side of the boot.

Not so much a few factual inaccuracies above, as all of them are.

1. His foot IS two foot off the ground it is actually impossible to say he didn't come in at pace, and connect with Fletcher's shin two foot off the floor.

2. Nope. It was his studs. David Blunkett could see by this picture it's his studs too.

blog_tiote_tackle.jpg?w=640

3. Completely and utterly irrelevant when the whistle goes. When the referees whistle goes does that give people license to do something dangerous?

Was a blatant sending off, and to be fair to Pards he was decent enough to admit it on second viewing, and acknowledge rightly, that it was a definite stone wall red card.

Are you saying his foot is 2' off the floor, or he has two feet off the floor? I.e back to your original post. If its the two feet off the floor, then that photo shows he has one foot off the floor and the other he is standing on?

I still think if the ref had given a yellow there would have been little controversy about it. Just on your point 2 Stevie, (i agree on the whole) but you can see Tiote's studs because they are not kicking into Fletcher's shin pad. The side of the boot is hitting the shin pad.

I think that's contentious, his bottom studs definitely connect. If there is a youtube, you'll see it's more straight on than side on. We'd have been up in arms if Cattermole escaped a red for that. Like I say Pards was dignified, and tbf he couldn't say any other than what was staring him in the face.

Are you saying his foot is 2' off the floor, or he has two feet off the floor? I.e back to your original post. If its the two feet off the floor, then that photo shows he has one foot off the floor and the other he is standing on?

His foot is 2ft off the floor. Just my poor language skills, apologies.

His foot is 2ft off the floor. Just my poor language skills, apologies.

No no, it can be interpreted either way man.

The bloke on TalkShite was sayig it was a yellow, but ill be honest. Seeing it, if it was the other way round then I would have been pissed at that not being a red.

No no, it can be interpreted either way man.

The bloke on TalkShite was sayig it was a yellow, but ill be honest. Seeing it, if it was the other way round then I would have been pissed at that not being a red.

Talksport is a wind up radio station. A manager will do everything in his power to put a major slant on his side and his players looking righteous, no one is more guilty of that than Pards normally, yet even HE has held his hands up and said look no complaints here. The red is not the issue, the issue clearly is Tiote thinking he's fucking Rambo every time he walks on a pitch.

Talksport is a wind up radio station. A manager will do everything in his power to put a major slant on his side and his players looking righteous, no one is more guilty of that than Pards normally, yet even HE has held his hands up and said look no complaints here. The red is not the issue, the issue clearly is Tiote thinking he's fucking Rambo every time he walks on a pitch.

I had this beef with him last season. Too many times he was like Smith, diving in and giving away needless free kicks, picking up stupid yellows. I bet he picks up something like a yellow every other game.

BUT

Take away that bite from him and do we have the same player? We look poor without Tiote IMO. Krul, Colo & Tiote are our spine. If we lose Tiote we dont have a controlling midfield.

I had this beef with him last season. Too many times he was like Smith, diving in and giving away needless free kicks, picking up stupid yellows. I bet he picks up something like a yellow every other game.

BUT

Take away that bite from him and do we have the same player? We look poor without Tiote IMO. Krul, Colo & Tiote are our spine. If we lose Tiote we dont have a controlling midfield.

I agree with everything you've said. Idiots on twitter saying PERCH(!?!?) is a better long term DMC option ffs. All I would say is, he can keep his aggression, but just be more intelligent with it, he's a man now, he's not a boy.

I agree with everything you've said. Idiots on twitter saying PERCH(!?!?) is a better long term DMC option ffs. All I would say is, he can keep his aggression, but just be more intelligent with it, he's a man now, he's not a boy.

Totally agree.

Tiote's earlier tackle on Colback (??) when he raced back and managed to get a leg round is a great example of when he gets the risky tackles right. Unfortunately the red card challenge was as a result of him getting it wrong by a few milliseconds.

If you take that sort of tackle out of Tiote's game then he's half the player. What you can do however is try teach him when it is necessary to do it and when it isn't. The tackle of Fletcher simply wasn't required.

Perch :lol:

I hope Pards can have a word with him regarding this one and tell him, if he had stayed on the pitch it would have been a walk in the park.

I know Man Utd had a lesser team out, but in that league cup match, Tiote was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch that night. Thats the Tiote we all want to see.

Tiote's earlier tackle on Colback (??) when he raced back and managed to get a leg round is a great example of when he gets the risky tackles right. Unfortunately the red card challenge was as a result of him getting it wrong by a few milliseconds.

If you take that sort of tackle out of Tiote's game then he's half the player. What you can do however is try teach him when it is necessary to do it and when it isn't. The tackle of Fletcher simply wasn't required.

I agree but he can channel it more, by channelling it you don't necessarily lose the player. David Batty was a psycho in his early Leeds days but he learned brilliantly. I think he should start talking to referees more. Vieira is a sly cunt, I never liked him, I wish Keane had've done him in the tunnel at Highbury, very sly man Vieira, and that slyness used to came to the fore with referees. He cuddled referees more times than he cuddled his wife, making it more difficult to send him off. Tiote just runs round like Mr T, and leaves himself wide open. Little psychological ploys work, Man Utd have used them for years.