sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

Funny thing is Cattermole not playing worked for them in that there wasn't anyone else we could try and wind up to even the numbers.

I still think if it had been a home player it would have been a yellow - but we'd have moaned like fuck it should have been red.

Will be interesting to see how similar tackles are punished from now on though.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of which further highlights that he was sent off on his reputation and not the foul, which is shit refereeing. Not a fucking red card. Contextually in the game at the time. No. The ref ruined it, the cunt. What was all this shite about playing advantage (for them) and when they didn't score pulling it back for a free kick? it's one or the other, isn't it? Ref was a cunt. We were robbed. Sunderland were fucking shite.

All of which further highlights that he was sent off on his reputation and not the foul, which is shit refereeing. Not a fucking red card. Contextually in the game at the time. No. The ref ruined it, the cunt. What was all this shite about playing advantage (for them) and when they didn't score pulling it back for a free kick? it's one or the other, isn't it? Ref was a cunt. We were robbed. Sunderland were fucking shite.

Agree. Early in the game and Tiote was pretty much ok up until then, he went to lash the ball and it was the follow-through that caught him out. I don't think he had any intention of catching Fletcher and with it being early on in the game the ref fucked it up. Should've been a yellow to calm him down.

Agree. Early in the game and Tiote was pretty much ok up until then, he went to lash the ball and it was the follow-through that caught him out. I don't think he had any intention of catching Fletcher and with it being early on in the game the ref fucked it up. Should've been a yellow to calm him down.

Even though by every rule going it was a red card? 9/10 refs give a red card. Our manager accepts it and he accepts fuck all normally. Hey listen there's absolutely no doubt Atkinson had a woeful game, every 50/50 seemed to go their way, but it was a red, and just cos it's a derby game should he ignore the fact that it's a sending off?

The problem with 50/50 balls is the potential to cause injury to either player. If Newcastle players were pulling out of 50/50 challenges, many fans would be raging that they had no heart in it.

I get sick of all this, ' oh he should be sent off, he showed his studs'..what an absolute pile of shite.

Launching into a tackle two footed, yes, a red... launching into a tackle even one footed with studs up when there is clearly no chance of winning the ball, yes, a red card.

Tiote not only just fractionally missed out on the ball but did so whilst getting dragged back and wrestled. It showed his desire to get to that ball and the ref and officials could plainly see this.

The end result is plainly simple. Tiote is a marked man so every tackle he makes is under intense scrutiny by refs as a matter of course.

The problem with 50/50 balls is the potential to cause injury to either player. If Newcastle players were pulling out of 50/50 challenges, many fans would be raging that they had no heart in it.

I get sick of all this, ' oh he should be sent off, he showed his studs'..what an absolute pile of shite.

Launching into a tackle two footed, yes, a red... launching into a tackle even one footed with studs up when there is clearly no chance of winning the ball, yes, a red card.

Tiote not only just fractionally missed out on the ball but did so whilst getting dragged back and wrestled. It showed his desire to get to that ball and the ref and officials could plainly see this.

The end result is plainly simple. Tiote is a marked man so every tackle he makes is under intense scrutiny by refs as a matter of course.

Yes. So was Vinnie Jones, so was Mark Dennis, so is that £40m Belgian Witsel. All for the same reasons too.

I didn't think it was a red either. Not in real time and the first couple of times I saw the replay, I actually ended up thinking "wait a minute, has he elbowed Colback or something", cos I couldn't see how the other challenge was a red.

Yes. So was Vinnie Jones, so was Mark Dennis, so is that £40m Belgian Witsel. All for the same reasons too.

They couldn't lace Tiote's boots. Tiote can play football...they were just put on the pitch as battering rams and were blatant with it.

Comparing them to Tiote is fucking stupid.

They couldn't lace Tiote's boots. Tiote can play football...they were just put on the pitch as battering rams and were blatant with it.

Comparing them to Tiote is fucking stupid.

Witsel's a better player than Tiote.

It was certainly clumsy rather than nasty, but it was high and could have broken Fletchers leg. Now I hate the mackems as much as you lot do, but he could have easily have broken Fletcher's leg and whether there was intent there or not (don't think there was) it was poor and I perosnally think a red was the right decision. I love Toite, but because of the type of plyer he is he sometimes leaps before he looks and this is onme of those occasiona. While Cattermole is a premediated nasty bastard, Tiote is just clumsy as fuck at times..a la yesterday.

It was certainly clumsy rather than nasty, but it was high and could have broken Fletchers leg. Now I hate the mackems as much as you lot do, but he could have easily have broken Fletcher's leg and whether there was intent there or not (don't think there was) it was poor and I perosnally think a red was the right decision. I love Toite, but because of the type of plyer he is he sometimes leaps before he looks and this is onme of those occasiona. While Cattermole is a premediated nasty bastard, Tiote is just clumsy as fuck at times..a la yesterday.

Was without doubt a red. Imo anyone saying it's not is trying to be alternative and clever.

This is what I said at the match yesterday...he'd let everything go for both sides up till that point then bang, straight red for what was to all intents and purposes was a mistimed tackle. The picture plainly shows his studs were up, so he's been sent off for that and being Cheick Tiote. So he's now sadly in Cattatwat territory.

On the flip side, Fletcher could have broken Tiote's leg if Tiote was a fraction faster and had got to the ball.

Refereeing should be about observation and applying common sense to any given tackle. The truth is, ref's apply crowd loudness to decide what punishment is given in any given tackle in many cases and this was one.

Crowd reaction got Tiote his red, not the tackle itself.

Thing is, Fletcher didn't catch Tiote. He got to the ball first. If it had been other way round I'd be screaming for a red.

I'm not saying it was nasty or intentional, but it was clumsy and dangerous and I'm sorry but a potential leg breaker.