sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiote is class and you all know it.

He plays the game rough, and at times he'll blow it.

He's a full blooded player and fights for the cause, yet he battles for the team using Tiote laws.

The ref's on his case are just waiting to act.........to give him a card on a player he's knacked.

When the Cheick's on pitch and he's strutting his stuff...it sorts the men from the boys, or the straights from the puffs.

The man is a beast and he bleeds black and white......and he'll battle like a demon, from morning till night.

The red against Sunderland, was scandalous at best, so stop saying it's warranted, just give it a rest.

McFaul says the ref was correct with his call....even though Cheick Tiote went for the ball.

There was worse on the pitch , with a red card at best....its was when that seb Larsson, studded Ameobi in the chest.

We know Cheick is tough and is made of cast iron...but he's our midfield enforcer, with a heart like a lion.

The ref made an error..and our game was hindered......I hope sense prevails, when Chiecks red card's rescinded.

Was a red imo. Late and high. If Feltcher's foot is planted and you could very well have seen it break.

Would it have been a red in a different fixture? possibly not, but you'd have had fans and pundits on either side of the fence after the game. David Dunn does that tackle against a Reading player and people would let him off. You let Tiote get away with a dangerous challenge like that in the derby and the next tackle from Bardsley is a revenge tackle which is far more likely to leave one of our lot fucked.

Ref got it right in my opinion and I'm not courting controversy or anything.

McFaul says the ref was correct with his call....even though Cheick Tiote went for the ball.

There was worse on the pitch , with a red card at best....its was when that seb Larsson, studded Ameobi in the chest.

So did Pardew say the ref was correct. There's no doubt there are things which CAN be debated, debating whether Tiote should've been sent off is borderline retarded. There is no debate.

Edited by McFaul

So did Pardew say the ref was correct. There's no doubt there are things which CAN be debated, debating whether Tiote should've been sent off is borderline retarded. There is no debate.

Try reading it as a rhyme.

Oh wind your fucking neck in.

It's just my opinion :dunno: I'm not here to change anyone's thoughts, I just 100% in my mind that you're thick as mince.

It's just my opinion :dunno: I'm not here to change anyone's thoughts, I just 100% in my mind that you're thick as mince.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Fish kid.

I have you down as a simpleton. I suppose we all gain an image of posters don't we.

:lol:

The bottom line is this, and I hope mackems are reading this. 1-1 against Sunderland given the difference in quality of the playing staff, is a disappointing and SHIT result. When they come to SJP it is genuinely frightening for them, for their supporters, for their players there's nothing like it in England. Newcastle go to Sunderland it's anything but frightening, our fans take the piss from leaving the Central Station till we're back on the metro home, all you can ever hear is the away support, it's completely different. Newcastle have the platform to win at the SOS every time, Sunderland have to overcome huge mountains to get a result here. 1-1 is a poor result for us there, and the most important thing isn't dropping points to Sunderland, it's having just 10 points from 8 games. We're in for a shocker of a season unless we get at least 9 points from our next 4 games, and I have to say we SHOULD get at least this tally with 3 home games against WBA, West Ham and Swansea, plus a trip to the WP. Just gutting how unlucky we were.

The bottom line is this, and I hope mackems are reading this. 1-1 against Sunderland given the difference in quality of the playing staff, is a disappointing and SHIT result. When they come to SJP it is genuinely frightening for them, for their supporters, for their players there's nothing like it in England. Newcastle go to Sunderland it's anything but frightening, our fans take the piss from leaving the Central Station till we're back on the metro home, all you can ever hear is the away support, it's completely different. Newcastle have the platform to win at the SOS every time, Sunderland have to overcome huge mountains to get a result here. 1-1 is a poor result for us there, and the most important thing isn't dropping points to Sunderland, it's having just 10 points from 8 games. We're in for a shocker of a season unless we get at least 9 points from our next 4 games, and I have to say we SHOULD get at least this tally with 3 home games against WBA, West Ham and Swansea, plus a trip to the WP. Just gutting how unlucky we were.

We are guaranteed nothing against ANY team in this league, unless we turn up firing on all cylinders.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Fish kid.

I have you down as a simpleton. I suppose we all gain an image of posters don't we.

:lol:

Yes Wolfy... we do, we really do.

iq2MS_thumb.jpg

Nice hat btw

Thing is, Fletcher didn't catch Tiote. He got to the ball first. If it had been other way round I'd be screaming for a red.

I'm not saying it was nasty or intentional, but it was clumsy and dangerous and I'm sorry but a potential leg breaker.

We would but fans scream for a red for any remotely bad challenge these days.

It was a strong challenge and foul and I think that's why Pardew has said what he has and why we won't appeal. But in all honesty it's a yellow.

Anyone saying that if Fletcher's foot was planted he could have broke his leg is not making a valid point because if his leg was planted he wouldn't have got the ball ahead of Tiote so he wouldn't have made that contact.

And there is no way he went in with his studds as he's going in side footed and by that he wasn't out of control. If it had been a stamp type movement, the photo Stevie posted would have been showing him going in with his studds but that simply wasn't the case.

I also think all this talk about him needing to controll himself better is valid in general and if he had been able to do this earlier in his career I don't think he would have got sent off yesterday. But I don't think the challenge yesterday is a good example of him being reckless or anything. Yes the whistle had gone so he didn't need to make the tackle but I think he was already comitted to it. All it was, was slightly mistimed as Fletcher got there before him. These things happen all the time and should never be a sending off for me.

We are guaranteed nothing against ANY team in this league, unless we turn up firing on all cylinders.

I didn't say we were. I expect to, that's different from being guaranteed. We were in third gear yesterday, and imo were destined to win 0-2 or 0-3 till the sending off. If we played the game tomorrow I'd expect the same.

Taylor saying that not one of their players would get in our side is totally correct.

At the end of the day I see it as two points dropped.

I dunno, losing an integral player for an hour would be tough on any team. If, say, Simpson had gone to be replaced by Anita, I'd still have expected a win.

I agree with Stevie, need to start racking up wins, and soon.

I didn't say we were. I expect to, that's different from being guaranteed. We were in third gear yesterday, and imo were destined to win 0-2 or 0-3 till the sending off. If we played the game tomorrow I'd expect the same.

Taylor saying that not one of their players would get in our side is totally correct.

We looked like a far superior team from the start and their lack of invention once we were down to ten men showed that. Their two wingers should have been tearing into us but they simply weren't capable. Their centre was always going to be inferior to ours and was even when we had Perch in there. Fletcher was shown up to be the average player he is too!

I dunno, losing an integral player for an hour would be tough on any team. If, say, Simpson had gone to be replaced by Anita, I'd still have expected a win.

You had to be happy we held on by the end but you also have to be disapointed we didn't beat a significantly inferior team!

It wasnt until they changed and put Saha on in the second half did they make headway.

Even with 10 men in the first half we looked ok.

Put a poll up to see who thinks it was a red and yellow admin.

It seems fairly evenly split and I think the fact that you've got people making reasonable arguments for both sides means that it wasn't a clear cut case either way. I for one think the ref was shit but I can understand the decision he made even if I don't agree with it.

It wasnt until they changed and put Saha on in the second half did they make headway.

Even with 10 men in the first half we looked ok.

That little dwarf they had on backing up Fletcher was worse than he was last season when all he did was shoot from distance. Says a lot about their team when at home in a derby game when they were supposedly as close to us as they'd been in years, they still started with only one up front! O'Neil knows they're shit and he's setting them up to try and nick points every game.

We would but fans scream for a red for any remotely bad challenge these days.

It was a strong challenge and foul and I think that's why Pardew has said what he has and why we won't appeal. But in all honesty it's a yellow.

Anyone saying that if Fletcher's foot was planted he could have broke his leg is not making a valid point because if his leg was planted he wouldn't have got the ball ahead of Tiote so he wouldn't have made that contact.

And there is no way he went in with his studds as he's going in side footed and by that he wasn't out of control. If it had been a stamp type movement, the photo Stevie posted would have been showing him going in with his studds but that simply wasn't the case.

I also think all this talk about him needing to controll himself better is valid in general and if he had been able to do this earlier in his career I don't think he would have got sent off yesterday. But I don't think the challenge yesterday is a good example of him being reckless or anything. Yes the whistle had gone so he didn't need to make the tackle but I think he was already comitted to it. All it was, was slightly mistimed as Fletcher got there before him. These things happen all the time and should never be a sending off for me.

Is the correct answer, he was also off balance and reaching because of him being pulled back.

Is the correct answer, he was also off balance and reaching because of him being pulled back.

I'd agree with that too although you could argue that that him making the challenge when he was off balane made it less controlled and more dangerous so he should have pulled out.